Sex And The City & And Just Like That #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread to keep the discussion going.

Old thread here:

Apologies if anyone had suggested a thread title. I just stuck to the same format.

Some thoughts on seeing today’s episode:

WTF is that awful floral wallpaper about in Carrie’s apartment? It looks like something from the bargain bin at Homebase, leftover from when people thought interior design equated to a wallpapered ‘feature wall’.

I thought I’d managed to get over Charlotte’s facial work but then I realised her face doesn’t really move and now I’m distracted all over again.

Are they deliberately setting out to make Miranda into a character we want bumped off like Big? She is so self-centred to the point of being unpleasant. The break up scene with Steve was brutal - shames him for having a disability, tells him he’s not enough, says nothing when he describes their whole relationship as him trying to be good enough for her, and takes away from the conversation that he just wants her to be happy. Clearly she’s going to walk in on Che in a compromising situation given their relationship is not going to be ‘traditional’ - perhaps that will knock the wind out of her sails?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
How can I quote something from the last thread? Wanted to say Harry is a hollowed not a sagger. Very fake looking dick

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Just watching it and honestly I'm relieved for Steve. Get outta there hun ! Find someone worthy !

Also, is Che really in love with her ? I have My doubts 👀

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Halfway through it. It seems unbelievable that Che would say she loves Miranda. There’s not enough build up or romance and it’s clear Miranda is in love with the lust of realising she’s gay and ending her marriage, rather than Che. It’s annoying!

Reactions: 38
Halfway through it. It seems unbelievable that Che would say she loves Miranda. There’s not enough build up or romance and it’s clear Miranda is in love with the lust of realising she’s gay and ending her marriage, rather than Che. It’s annoying!
i think it’s because a lot of the stuff together happened like ‘off camera’

• Haha
Reactions: 5
And the constant Joker grinning from Cynthianda. Even when she's delivering bad news, just smug grinning all the time 😠

Reactions: 24
And the constant Joker grinning from Cynthianda. Even when she's delivering bad news, just smug grinning all the time 😠
Yes, it's really weird and unsettling. She's grinning all the time and her inflection keeps going up at the end when she speaks.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Yes, it's really weird and unsettling. She's grinning all the time and her inflection keeps going up at the end when she speaks.
Her acting is completely awful and her facial expressions are painful to watch. And I know how horrible this sounds but what is up with her teeth and/or the way her lips surround them? It's very distracting. I wouldn't point that out if I didn't hate Cynthianda so much for destroying Miranda and turning her into a selfish, pretentious woke loser who's now going to find out she's fucked up her entire life and is heading into her late 50s alone.

Also is Che the only celebrity in New York available for events?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I've binned my NowTV for the time being as I'm a mature student and don't want the distraction but this thread is way better than the actual show anyway!👍

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Her acting is completely awful and her facial expressions are painful to watch. And I know how horrible this sounds but what is up with her teeth and/or the way her lips surround them? It's very distracting. I wouldn't point that out if I didn't hate Cynthianda so much for destroying Miranda and turning her into a selfish, pretentious woke loser who's now going to find out she's fucked up her entire life and is heading into her late 50s alone.

Also is Che the only celebrity in New York available for events?
I really don't like what she's done with the character - she doesn't dress like Miranda, she doesn't talk like Miranda, she doesn't think or act like Miranda. It might as well be an entirely new character. And yes, people change, but there must be a part of the old Miranda in there who's like, "wtf are you doing?!"

The only explanation can be Miranda is having a breakdown and has been going from one addiction to another (alcohol to lust), which is fairly common. But her friends need to support her more and she really needs a good shake from a mate as she's blowing her entire life up for a shag from somebody who's clearly not bothered.

And yes, her teeth are weird, I'm guessing she's had a plate or something that changes the look of her lips.

Reactions: 24
I've binned my NowTV for the time being as I'm a mature student and don't want the distraction but this thread is way better than the actual show anyway!👍
It really is. I've just finished this episode and realised that apart from Cynthianda asking Steve for a divorce, absolutely nothing happened.

Reactions: 12
Always helpful in a tv show 😂
Yep, what happened to show don’t tell? Even then Miranda said it had been three weeks (?) since they started shagging. Not enough time to fall in love and decide to leave your husband of 20 years and fly to Cleveland on the strength of it.

Also what was that ‘look’ that Carrie was sporting when she was walking round the block having a cigarette? She looked like she was off to an Eastenders themed fancy dress party dressed as Dot Cotton.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.