Sex And The City & And Just Like That #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
this may be unpopular but just IMO…when Miranda says she hates her life…maybe she should never have kept Brady 🤷🏻‍♀️ (Only talking about this in the context of the show and storylines, no reflection on real life choices) she loves him but motherhood never came easily to her, and it’s only because she couldn’t go through with the abortion that she had him. Maybe I’m biased because I don’t like her character in the shows, but i genuinely think she would have been happier staying single and free.

Reactions: 16
I think che will start to have even more of a role as she will start to get involved with the rose/rock storyline

this may be unpopular but just IMO…when Miranda says she hates her life…maybe she should never have kept Brady 🤷🏻‍♀️ (Only talking about this in the context of the show and storylines, no reflection on real life choices) she loves him but motherhood never came easily to her, and it’s only because she couldn’t go through with the abortion that she had him. Maybe I’m biased because I don’t like her character in the shows, but i genuinely think she would have been happier staying single and free.
Yeh I agree, if she is still so unhappy being a mother now it is a pretty bad sign, I know lots of people who really struggled with a young child/ sleepless nights etc but by the time the child is much more grown up it is a totally different situation

Reactions: 12
I think che will start to have even more of a role as she will start to get involved with the rose/rock storyline

Yeh I agree, if she is still so unhappy being a mother now it is a pretty bad sign, I know lots of people who really struggled with a young child/ sleepless nights etc but by the time the child is much more grown up it is a totally different situation
oh please no more che!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
That's an interesting theory on Miranda. She and Steve appear to have absolutely zero interaction with Brady apart from listening to him having sex. Miranda has had more conversations with the girlfriend than she has with her son.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I’ve always got the impression that Miranda lives on a pedestal and no one can ever come close to her, she always seems to be looking down on people, no wonder her and Steve had such a rocky time, no one can ever be good enough for Miranda. I feel her life would have been better suited to a child free marriage with someone on her intellectual level, maybe another lawyer or a judge or someone who also thought they were too good for everyone lol

I’m intrigued as to how this is going to end, there are only5 episodes left and so much is up in the air and as has been said chances of another season are very low

Reactions: 13
I know the writing is on the wall for it unlikely to be renewed. But anyone else hope it is and they learn from the reviews and what us fans have to say about it?

Or maybe they've damaged the show so much there's no way to go back?

It's frustrating, as there's so much potential.

I'd like to:

* Have fewer stories going on at once.
* Bring back a running theme to each episode, with the background stories happening across the episodes.
* Have the show less preachy and trying to tick every single box.
* See the show be inclusive, bit not screaming about it, other shows do this perfectly well.
* See more of NYC.
* Have fewer main characters vying for airtime / storylines.
* See a stop with the lame stereotypes, being in your 50s isn't all about hip replacements and grey hair.
* See the return Miranda's backbone and cynicism.
* BRING THE HUMOUR BACK!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
I know the writing is on the wall for it unlikely to be renewed. But anyone else hope it is and they learn from the reviews and what us fans have to say about it?

Or maybe they've damaged the show so much there's no I'll way to go back?

It's frustrating, as there's so much potential.

I'd like to:

* Have fewer stories going on at once.
* Bring back a running theme to each episode, with the background stories happening across the episodes.
* Have the show less preachy and trying to tick every single box.
* See the show be inclusive, bit not screaming about it, other shows do this perfectly well.
* See more of NYC.
* Have fewer main characters vying for airtime / storylines.
* See a stop with the lame stereotypes, being in your 50s isn't all about hip replacements and grey hair.
* See the return Miranda's backbone and cynicism.
* BRING THE HUMOUR BACK!
Agree with all of that but I’d also add;

* Get rid of Che

Having said that, the actor playing them may not want to come back. They’ve turned off and limited the comments on their most recent IG posts.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Agree with all of that but I’d also add;

* Get rid of Che

Having said that, the actor playing them may not want to come back. They’ve turned off and limited the comments on their most recent IG posts.
I wouldn't have minded them in a smaller dose, just not as a main character and would like to see more of the character's personality. How one identifies their gender and sexuality does not maketh a personality. 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I wouldn't have minded them in a smaller dose, just not as a main character and would like to see more of the character's personality. How one identifies their gender and sexuality does not maketh a personality. 🙈
I think they wanted Che to be a cool Fonzi style character, but they’ve ended up with Scrappy Doo instead.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I’ve always got the impression that Miranda lives on a pedestal and no one can ever come close to her, she always seems to be looking down on people, no wonder her and Steve had such a rocky time, no one can ever be good enough for Miranda. I feel her life would have been better suited to a child free marriage with someone on her intellectual level, maybe another lawyer or a judge or someone who also thought they were too good for everyone lol
i absolutely agree - i always saw miranda either being single and thriving, or married to someone who she viewed as her equal (or close enough!) with no kids.

i loved her vibe with steve in the original series but between the movies and this i’ve forgotten what i enjoyed about them 🤣

Reactions: 21
i absolutely agree - i always saw miranda either being single and thriving, or married to someone who she viewed as her equal (or close enough!) with no kids.

i loved her vibe with steve in the original series but between the movies and this i’ve forgotten what i enjoyed about them 🤣
I’m watching Season 2 and they are SO cute together. She doesn’t seem to feel above him at all - he has a little issue with her earning more than him though. I love them together.

Reactions: 13
Miranda told her professor she wished she was a judge that went home to an empty house.
She clearly thinks she married beneath her, I’m going to laugh when Che explains she was just a finger blast in the kitchen.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I watched Failure to Launch the other day SJP was good in it, I thought and very un-Carrie like even though it must have been made around the SATC time.

Reactions: 8
Miranda told her professor she wished she was a judge that went home to an empty house.
She clearly thinks she married beneath her, I’m going to laugh when Che explains she was just a finger blast in the kitchen.
I don't agree with the comment about Miranda being single and childless. I think her character did a good job of portraying how having children, being a wife having a career and friends is just really hard. I think that portrayal is necessary for the women going through that in real life and struggling. I like how her character doesn't paint it to be a perfect picture.

And in AJLT, I don't see her as portraying her life as horrible and hating it all, I feel like she's showing how you can lose yourself in it all, how it can become mundane and while you love your family, you can have regrets and what ifs. I mean acting on them is a different story...

@Sw4 It most certainly happened. I truly don’t know what to say to people to make them believe me. I asked already what sounds so unbelievable about it and was met with silence. I live in a northern state in the US. It supposedly fought to end slavery and segregation but it’s incredibly segregated. I have visited dozens of offices throughout my state. Some offices in my state can be diverse but oftentimes, they’re not. My meaning was he is not cut out for a public facing job. The script feels forced when a person’s reality doesn’t match what’s on the show. A large chunk of people now identify with what’s on screen.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.