Sex And The City & And Just Like That #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do people just assume people are in an open marriage?. I get Che is not obliged to check but surely you would?.

If I talked to a married couple and one of them came on to me I'd immediately shut that down because they are married and what marriage means to most people. An open marriage is less common so wouldn't you at least check?.

Quickest breakup in history. Can see this story a mile off. Che not wanting to be exclusive and be able to see other people... Terrible writing.

Harry is clearly dieing. So many references to him saying or bring ill in this episode!.

Reactions: 24
Carrie explained to Seema she dresses like that when she has a cigarette otherwise she finds she smells of it and wants to smoke more.

I’m fed up with Miranda like everyone else and poor Steve 😢

Charlotte made me laugh this episode as I can imagine I’ll act like that when I have a teenage daughter 🙈

Reactions: 10
I think Cynthia was hoping Miranda would resonate, but it's Steve who resonates here. #justiceforSteve #justletStevebehappy
Exactly, she is just so clueless she has no idea. I felt awful for Steve, for how she has written her character I really wonder what will happen in Cleveland. Realistic would be che just dumping her, but if Cynthia has had an influence in the story…

Reactions: 12
I've been going back and forth on this series but I've landed on it definitely being a failure :( Which is a shame, because I still enjoy the characters, or at least Charlotte, Harry, Carrie & Anthony.
I agree with the poster who said it's just a collection of random scenes, with no continuity, storylines dropped with no explanation, characters being built up then disappearing. The only character with an actual plotline is Miranda, and it's come completely at the expense of her character! (And they've also made her the most capable recovering alcoholic ever....are we to assume everything's fine on that front?)
The scene with the noisy neighbours seemed interminable and was about nothing. Carrie shows Seema some clothes. The neighbours are noisy. They talk about smoking. Then it's the middle of the night. She rings the obnoxious podcast guy for no reason. The neighbours are still noisy. Who bleeping cares? The one thing the original series always did right was pace and humour. Nothing was lingered on for a moment too long.

Last edited:
Reactions: 40
I've been going back and forth on this series but I've landed on it definitely being a failure :( Which is a shame, because I still enjoy the characters, or at least Charlotte, Harry, Carrie & Anthony.
I agree with the poster who said it's just a collection of random scenes, with no continuity, storylines dropped with no explanation, characters being built up then disappearing. The only character with an actual plotline is Miranda, and it's come completely at the expense of her character! (And they've also made her the most capable recovering alcoholic ever....are we to assume everything's fine on that front?)
The scene with the noisy neighbours seemed interminable and was about nothing. Carrie shows Seema some clothes. The neighbours are noisy. They talk about smoking. Then it's the middle of the night. She rings the obnoxious podcast guy for no reason. The neighbours are still noisy. Who bleeping cares? The one thing the original series did right was pace and humour. Nothing was lingered on for a moment too long.
Totally right. No explanation (unless I missed it) as to why all her clothes were out and why lily was helping her document them. No footage of Lily and Carrie chatting and Lily trying on all the dresses. Yet we get a good few minutes of Che’s gay rights rally or whatever it was. Such a strange collection of scenes that are terribly edited!

Reactions: 38
Carrie explained to Seema she dresses like that when she has a cigarette otherwise she finds she smells of it and wants to smoke more
Just like Ar Dot,then. Albert Square’s own fashion icon
807C21FB-A7C3-4254-885B-6E7D839D0881.jpeg

Heard a rumour she’ll be starring in an English remake of AJLT. From L to R: Miranda, Richard Burton, Charlotte and Carrie

147E6D6D-96BC-4697-BB0F-809BA36C6A8B.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Why was Miranda so shocked Charlotte would give Harry a bj?

I think SJP was channelling Little Edie from Grey Gardens.
Because Charlotte is VERY OLD and Harry is her middle aged heterosexual husband, so Cynthiranda can’t get her wigged head around anyone wanting to engage in this kind of disgusting sex. Eww, sex with your *husband* shudder. There wasn’t even any fingering going on, just sick

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
The scene with the noisy neighbours seemed interminable and was about nothing. Carrie shows Seema some clothes. The neighbours are noisy. They talk about smoking. Then it's the middle of the night. She rings the obnoxious podcast guy for no reason. The neighbours are still noisy. Who bleeping cares? The one thing the original series always did right was pace and humour. Nothing was lingered on for a moment too long.
The noisy neighbour, I think, was supposed to remind Carrie of her younger self and I imagine there would have been flashback scenes of her and big, especially following the scene where the neighbour argues with her boyfriend.

Because they've removed all traces of big, it's really disjointed 😕

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Exactly, she is just so clueless she has no idea. I felt awful for Steve, for how she has written her character I really wonder what will happen in Cleveland. Realistic would be che just dumping her, but if Cynthia has had an influence in the story…
No. They’re clearly endgame. I’ve been rooting for those two crazy kids, said NOBODY

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I liked when Steve said that this is marriage, and implied it had been a rocky road until recently. That things we don’t know about happened and he was the one sorting it out and fighting for them.

To most people that would be a great life; very good job and studying in human rights (shows she’s always restless and wanting more). Lovely house with a terrific husband. Endless designer clothes, shoes and bags. Great friends. Lots of time to go out for meals, drinks with friends. A great son (I know he’s a brat to us). A patient, easy going, handsome husband that is content with their life. That’s more than most peoples. I know friends whose husbands are useless and it’s like having a second child, or a husband you have to tip toe around or a drinker. Life isn’t always exciting, most of it is boring. Steve showed an interest sex wise the other week, or at least enough to try again and talk about it. I don’t think she tried enough.
I know she’s full of teenage infatuation, but they seem by teenagers and the grass is always greener on the other side.
Sorry for Rampling but I’m team Steve 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 70
Right, I’ve watched it.

first of all, who the duck is doing the editing? Scenes just end really abruptly, no look at the characters reaction, just…end scene! Or we have lily flouncing out of a restaurant then next scene in carries apartment - sloppy editing.

All of Charlotte’s scenes were pointless and not at all entertaining to me, give her more to do, though obviously nothing that involves facial acting

In another case of bad editing the Cynthiranda and Schteve break up scene just ended, no look at his reaction to her cheating, then she’s all breathless and in a cab and Carrie barely gave a tit. Does Carrie feel no friendship loyalty to Schteve? why can’t Cynthiranda get it through her wig that she’s acting like an utter twit?

Downstairs neighbour - garbage. Carrie has all that money but chooses to live like a bleeping student. She’ll be eating Pot Noodles in her Versace next week.

Utter tripe. And it still has that weird disjointed feeling, like all the characters and stories are just floating around each other, barely connecting. It can’t all be the removal of He Who Shall Not Be Named, it’s bad all the way through and I doubt he was in it that much.

Anyhoo, see you week! It’s like a scab I can’t stop picking

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
I just can’t cope with this anymore. The rubber willy was my breaking point :sick:😂. Will obviously keep watching until the end:rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 22
And when Carrie and Miranda were walking and she was like “ I thought there was a soup place there”, 🤷🏼‍♀️ Wasting time on pointless dialogue

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I liked when Steve said that this is marriage, and implied it had been a rocky road until recently. That things we don’t know about happened and he was the one sorting it out and fighting for them.

To most people that would be a great life; very good job and studying in human rights (shows she’s always restless and wanting more). Lovely house with a terrific husband. Endless designer clothes, shoes and bags. Great friends. Lots of time to go out for meals, drinks with friends. A great son (I know he’s a brat to us). A patient, easy going, handsome husband that is content with their life. That’s more than most peoples. I know friends whose husbands are useless and it’s like having a second child, or a husband you have to tip toe around or a drinker. Life isn’t always exciting, most of it is boring. Steve showed an interest sex wise the other week, or at least enough to try again and talk about it. I don’t think she tried enough.
I know she’s full of teenage infatuation, but they seem by teenagers and the grass is always greener on the other side.
Sorry for Rampling but I’m team Steve 💔
I am Team Steve too.

I hope Che dumps Miranda because vilification of straight white men and heterosexual marriages is wrong.

Also, what on earth is wrong with people thinking blowing their middle aged husband is gross? Harry was one of my favourite men in the series and you need to check out this deleted scene from one of the movies or the show. He's bloody hilarious! Very underrated character really.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
This episode made me so sad and angry.

Poor Steve. He deserves so much better than Miranda but he also deserves to be happy and he was happy. Miranda is a blithering idiot. What was that inane grin the whole Che is calling her out on not being open or honest? She looked like she’s lost her mind.

I understand what Steve was saying, it’s joy so ouch about them being old but being settled and content. Miranda is a selfish cow who doesn’t realise what she’s got so I hope she loses it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.