Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lovely

Chatty Member
Here's my ideal series ending scenario that will definitely not happen (but a girl can dream):
  • Carrie buys a fabulous apartment, writes a wildly successful book and embraces life as a single middle-aged woman AND IS FINE WITH IT.
  • Charlotte and Harry continue to be happy, content and obviously in love with each other. Rose realises she might like girls and that that doesn't mean she has to be a boy, embraces gender non-conformity and gets on with just BEING TWELVE. Lily becomes a piano prodigy and has an Instagram account where she wears all the fabulous classic 90s Carrie outfits that were gifted to her.
  • Miranda realises Che is more of a love-the-one-you're-in kind of person and tries to get back with Steve. Unfortunately, Debbie happened to wander into Steve's bar still looking smoking hot and they get together again. Brady goes off to college (somehow he found time to get accepted into Harvard in between shagging his girlfriend) and Miranda and Steve have to sell the house. Miranda moves into Carrie's old apartment, quits her human rights course and spends her days browsing Tattle and internet-stalking Che.
  • Smith moves back to New York, bumps into Anthony and they fall in love (hey, if Miranda can go gay overnight, why not?). We all know Anthony's a nice little package with good arms and a high tight ass.
  • Seema starts dating Aidan, who she meets through one of her real estate clients. Carrie HAS MANY FEELINGS about this.
  • All the new women-of-colour besties get the fuck out of dodge when they realise these white chicks are batshit insane. Che's Netflix special bombs and she starts dating Louis CK.
Have I missed anyone?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79

Vee6

VIP Member
I liked when Steve said that this is marriage, and implied it had been a rocky road until recently. That things we don’t know about happened and he was the one sorting it out and fighting for them.

To most people that would be a great life; very good job and studying in human rights (shows she’s always restless and wanting more). Lovely house with a terrific husband. Endless designer clothes, shoes and bags. Great friends. Lots of time to go out for meals, drinks with friends. A great son (I know he’s a brat to us). A patient, easy going, handsome husband that is content with their life. That’s more than most peoples. I know friends whose husbands are useless and it’s like having a second child, or a husband you have to tip toe around or a drinker. Life isn’t always exciting, most of it is boring. Steve showed an interest sex wise the other week, or at least enough to try again and talk about it. I don’t think she tried enough.
I know she’s full of teenage infatuation, but they seem by teenagers and the grass is always greener on the other side.
Sorry for Rampling but I’m team Steve 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 70

Lady_H

VIP Member
I swear this “progressive” show is actually set in the 50s

- People smoke
- Technology is virtually non-existent
- It’s acceptable to make comments about skin colour
- Black people are treated like aliens
- Moms teach daughters how to deal with their period
- A teenage girl cutting her hair to collar length and wearing trousers is unusual
- Gay men are hyper camp, hyper bitchy and wear ridiculous romper suits for comedy effect

Progressive is so regressive and they just can’t see it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61

blueberriesarenice

Also looks like they reshot the ashes scene entirely.

Same purse with a different outfit.

I will say I'm happy they wrote Noth out, the series would have been tainted otherwise. I don't think he's ever been a nice guy according to stories from ex's so better without him after his death.
Omg I guess this makes me an absolute dick but I’ll say it: I wish they hadn’t cut Big from AJLT. I feel totally robbed as a viewer of both this series and SATC, I want the story as it was intended, not some BS reshot version that makes about 50% sense and completely tramples on the Big/Carrie arc that has taken years to come to this point. Noth hasn’t even been charged and I am perfectly able to distinguish between him and a character he plays. I feel super cheated and just pissed off by the whole thing!

• Heart
Reactions: 59

Badirene

VIP Member
At home alone today so put on the first film as I cleaned* and it really drove home how they did Samantha dirty. She paid for collection and delivery of Carrie's stuff from Bigs, she organised everything when he flaked out of their wedding, got the other women flights to Mexico so Carrie wouldn't be alone on honeymoon and in return she's fat shamed. Imagine being an average person at home that feels a bit uncomfortable in their body, you sit down to watch a female centred film and they are fat shaming Kim Cattrall, who is a fucking smoke show! The way they confront her about how she didn't realise how big she was, references to her gut. What were they thinking in the writing room, it supports Cattrall's claims of how awful the work place was as far as I'm concerned.

* My cleaning technique is to plug in the hoover and then sit down. When someone visits I go "oh I was just about to hoover, will have to do it later so, cuppa?"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
The apparently missing scenes are so weird. Like others have said, there must have been a scene where Miranda, Steve and Brady all discuss what’s happened and their future.
Did they have to cut it out because it was originally filmed with the ghost of Big sitting in a corner, chuckling away to himself saying “abso-fucking-lately!”?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56

Brummiebird

VIP Member
The best, and only possible, ending for this shit show would have been for Big’s brother to announce that Big had a secret child whose name was Che Diaz 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 54

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
Seema should help Miranda and Steve sell their brownstone as part of divorce proceedings - a tiny spark between Seema and Steve. They start dating, she brings him out of his shell. She bags them an amazing home whilst Miranda temporarily moves in with Carrie, who has banned Che from the property, but Che keeps forgetting due to the weed. Brady humps the couch, Carrie gets mad and throws Big's ashes at him.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53

Upintheair83

VIP Member
Iheartny.jpg
just reminiscing about one of my fave ever episode of SATC. How i long for these sort of episodes!!!!!! Absolutely iconic!
The dancing with Big as he leaves for nappa to 'Moon River', the 'you take a nappa, you don't move to nappa' line! Carries shoes and outfits! 😍😍😍, Samantha donning that wig and finding Richard cheating on her 'now Your hearts broken too' 😔😔 and of course her classic line when miranda gives birth 'just what the world needs....another boy!' 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 an absolute classic episode! And of course the dedication at the end......None of the AJLT even comes close to a minute of this episode! Im just going to erase AJLT from memory, it's done an injustice to SATC.

• Heart
Reactions: 52

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
It would have been MUCH better for Miranda and Charlotte to appear on the bridge in Paris, saying they couldn't let her do it alone. SATC was all about sisterhood and you know that's what they'd have done then.

And in my head, Carrie would say to Miranda, "But what about LA? What about Che?"

And Miranda would say, "Oh fuck no, they sang to me, Carrie. I could have died."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51

Henrii

I hope that series 2 starts with Samantha waking up in London and telling some young guy next to her, “I just had the most awful nightmare. Miranda was getting fingered by this ghastly person and Big had a heart attack and Charlotte was trying to show her daughter her vagina…I have to go back to New York!”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49

Lady_H

VIP Member
Well, it’s our very last night together before the final big push and I’m turning in early.

Good luck to the brave souls leading the first wave tomorrow morning. God speed - our thoughts and prayers are with you. I’ll be at work following your progress closely.

To those who don’t make it - many thanks for your service over the last 9 weeks. You have all been an inspiration. I for one couldn’t have done it without you.

Good night all, and get some rest. You’re going to need it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46

Brummiebird

VIP Member
I think the ending was hastily added, and filmed, after Big’s scenes were cut. Anyone else? None of it makes sense and smacks of the producers panicking that there had to be “something”.
The real ending was probably Ghost Big on the bridge saying “You got this kiddo, that dress is absofuckinglutely awful though. Oh and by the way I gave Natasha a million dollars because she was a great fuck”.

• Haha
Reactions: 45