Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Miss Demeanour

Chatty Member
I know the writing is on the wall for it unlikely to be renewed. But anyone else hope it is and they learn from the reviews and what us fans have to say about it?

Or maybe they've damaged the show so much there's no way to go back?

It's frustrating, as there's so much potential.

I'd like to:

* Have fewer stories going on at once.
* Bring back a running theme to each episode, with the background stories happening across the episodes.
* Have the show less preachy and trying to tick every single box.
* See the show be inclusive, bit not screaming about it, other shows do this perfectly well.
* See more of NYC.
* Have fewer main characters vying for airtime / storylines.
* See a stop with the lame stereotypes, being in your 50s isn't all about hip replacements and grey hair.
* See the return Miranda's backbone and cynicism.
* BRING THE HUMOUR BACK!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Just caught up…

Between Carrie flinging her own piss around the room and Miranda attempting to communicate with whales (I’m surprised Steve couldn’t hear her from miles away through his hearing aids….Miranda what did you shay?? *inaudible throat chanting*) I feel we have missed out on discussing what was perhaps the most disturbing part of the episode for me:

SEEING THE HALLWAY AND STAIRS OF CARRIES APARTMENT BUILDING

I don’t know why this was so unnerving for me, it felt like I should look away 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 69

Badirene

VIP Member
I want Aidan to show up looking scorching hot and Carrie to bat her eyelashes at him. He replies "not you toots, you had your chance" . He turns to Steve, Steves nods yes and climbs onto the back of Aidan's motorbike and then ride off into the sunset together to live in Aidan's cabin in the woods as a best friends banjo playing double act called "Binary Cis Hot"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66

blueberriesarenice

😆 Love it. Absolutely right, Steve has committed the crime of being a heterosexual middle-aged white bloke and must be punished accordingly.
You are so right and it fucking kills me because Miranda and Steve have such a nuanced storyline built over literally years and it culminates with REAL personal growth for Miranda (remember when Magda tells her “real love is what you did. You love” when she’s looking after Steve’s mum with dementia, and it’s such a MOMENT because miranda had been so resistant to the idea of being a wife, a mum, living in Brooklyn, caring about others, etc etc. And now they’ve just fucked that beautiful arc with some out of character bullshit. I don’t even like Steve and he deserved better, so did their story. Bit like Samantha chucking Smith in the movie. What a load of bs.

• Heart
Reactions: 62

queenamber

VIP Member
Would now be a good time to mention I had to watch the Miranda/Che scene with my Mum, with her asking "What's she [Che] doing to her??" during it 🙈😫🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 61

Lady_H

VIP Member
How is that masturbation scene with Brady at the door in any way acceptable or appropriate? I have a young son and I find the way Brady is treated really upsetting. Would it have been ok if a man was jerking off with his 17 year old daughter outside? The sexualisation of this child on this show is absolutely disgusting.

Last edited:
Reactions: 61

Badirene

VIP Member
I think Charlotte was the one most at ease with who she is, she was always clear she wanted to be married with children. That's the life she now has and seems grateful to be where she is in life.

She and Samantha, although polar opposites in many ways, were always the most supportive friends. Charlotte was there supporting Miranda when she thought she was getting a termination, even though Charlotte had struggled to be pregnant she still supported Miranda. When she found out Carrie was cheating on Aidan just before her own wedding, even though shocked still stood by her friend. When her marriage ended and she was in an uncertain period of her life, feeling she had no purpose and volunteering because she couldn't find paid gallery work she gave Carrie the deposit for her apartment. Carrie traveling across the city to shout at me to give her fifty grand would have gotten the business end of my boot not a cheque, especially not when she had a wardrobe containing forty grands worth of high heels.

There has always been a slightly sneering tone in the show towards Charlotte and Samantha, one "oversexed" and judged for it, the other "just" a wife and mother judged prim and undersexed/frigid uptight sexually. Those two women are the more interesting for me, neither one is apologetic about who they are. Miranda has the world's biggest chip on her shoulder and miserable even when she has exactly what she wants, Carrie is vain and selfish and I would say married Big for status.

• Heart
Reactions: 60

Lovely

Chatty Member
Is she a lesbian though if she's doing it with a non-binary person? I'm so confused, bear with me, I'm in my 40's, practically one foot in the grave
Che is a biological female (whether she wants to be or not), so yes, they're having lesbian sex, although I don't think that automatically means that Miranda is a lesbian, she's just bored of Steve. However, 'lesbian' is now a dirty word that means 'transphobe' because actual lesbians don't want to have sex with transwomen (who have penises). We're all supposed to be 'queer' now.

Source: am lesbian (not queer) who was called a transphobe for saying that women don't have penises. My girlfriend is as butch a lesbian as you can imagine, but she's 100% female in every way and is happy to identify as such. She doesn't want to be a man or 'non-binary' and she couldn't care less about gender identity woo-woo. She knows who she is and that's all that matters.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 56

Webster1357

VIP Member
Chriiist I quickly scanned your post and thought you'd said you hoped they'd make another colonoscopy appointment so you could watch 🤢
(Still a better storyline than anything involving Che)
I would watch Harry's colonoscopy over Che Fucking Diaz anyday

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
BTW, if the show is meant to be so woke now, why are they taking the mick out of Steve's disability and trying to validate his deafness being unattractive to Miranda so she can have guilt free fingerbangs?

• Sad
Reactions: 52
So Miranda said it was 3 months since she sent Che that text. Which I suppose makes sense then because we saw Carrie have her hip operation and then time passed before she was able to
Wear heels again at the end of that episode and then we saw the seasons change during the opening of this episode so yeah I guess 3 months since Carries op and since Miranda text Che?
Three months waiting for a text back. Miranda, did you learn nothing? They’re just not that into you.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50

Beverley Macker

VIP Member
I'm quite angry at the way he's been treated over his hearing problems, he can't fucking help it he's hard of hearing and yet they're treating it like a joke and a character flaw. The deaf community are surely pissed off with the insensitive handling of this storyline? I would be.
I’m also upset about this. Losing your hearing can be a devastating, scary, and really isolating thing to happen to anyone, you need support, help and understanding from those around you. What you don’t need is people being embarrassed and impatient about your new found disability. Considering Cynthia Nixon thinks she so fucking right-on why is she so happy for the character of Miranda to use Steve’s deteriorating health to mock and cheat on him? It’s fucking horrible.

• Heart
Reactions: 48

Griggsy39

I might just be a bit of a lush,but Miranda’s “drinking problem” is rather tame. No hangovers,no not turning up for work,no embarrassing incidents, no hiding booze,blackouts. No suggestion that she ever has any more than a few drinks. Sits every night eating ice cream with Steve. What have I missed????

• Heart
Reactions: 48

unfinishedsentenc

VIP Member
Underneath all the outlandish sex stuff Samantha was a fabulous friend. One of my favourite moments between these two wonderful actors despite the feud. I'm thankful for the original SATC. ♥
bb9aae6.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 47

Pocahontas

VIP Member
This whole comment is just 💯! It’s why “Frenemies” is one of my favourite episodes, (the one with "And you can forget Samba!” and Claire Anne). Sam and Charlotte finally clash over their differences but by the end they realise they still respect and love each other. Which sounds so cheesy written down, but it was such a fab way of contrasting two brilliant characters.

S3 and S4 were the best.

One of my favourite episodes is when they go to Staten Island for the firefighters calendar thing (where Carrie meets the politician) and Charlotte gets drunk on Staten Island Iced Teas and dances to ‘Doctor’s Orders’. 😂

Then on the ferry, shouts ‘I’m getting married this yearrrrr’ - and it’s not long after she gets knocked down by Trey’s (a doctor) taxi.

Samantha was always classy about sisterhood stuff - from telling men on nights out with the girls that it was ‘just us girls tonight’, to not judging Carrie at all about her Big affair (‘Not my style’ - *wink*), to making sure the nun also got an appointment to the breast cancer doctor.

• Heart
Reactions: 46

Lady_H

VIP Member
What a strange experience watching this series is. There’s a weirdly disorienting feeling to the whole thing and I think it’s to do with the treatment of time. How much time has passed since it started - a month? A year? Two? Five? It’s impossible to tell. Things that should take a long time, like selling and buying apartments and mourning a death and coming to terms with alcoholism seem to happen at lightening speed; months pass after Carrie’s hip replacement but everyone keeps referencing the “comedy concert” as if it happened yesterday. Nothing feels rooted in anything substantial and the whole premise seems paper-thin. What a very bizarre concoction this is.

• Heart
Reactions: 46

colouredlines

VIP Member
Everyone who wants to see more of Steve...be careful what you wish for, the way this series is going they'll probably have him transition. "Jusht call me Shtephanie!"

• Haha
Reactions: 45

BWa

Chatty Member
I forgot to add how fabulous I am finding Anthony. Samantha is sorely missed but Anthony is adding some similar straight talking humour and I’m here for it.

Reactions: 45