Sex And The City & And Just Like That #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I couldn’t help but wonder ...

will they bring back Amalita Amalfi?

Carrieeeee! Darling!

3AFA9139-8AA5-4C05-9BB1-E93C6DA1D382.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Thank you for the new thread @Pocahontas

I enjoyed the two episodes. It’s a comforting feeling to see 3 well loved characters on the screen again, just the sort of TV I wanted.
Yeah could have done without the masturbation scene, the less said the better as I’m currently trying to block it from my mind. I wish
they hadn’t done that. 🥴

I could tell where we were heading with Big as soon as they had their kitchen scene together, it was too perfect sadly. I’m hoping we see
more of their relationship, how it developed as time goes on.

Ok…so the Wokeness and Samantha.

It was too much, at some points it did feel very 2021 with what Miranda said: “I wanted to say the right thing, but I said all the wrong things”.
I got that, but it was too exaggerated, it didn’t need to be such a big part of the first episode.

The podcast, I wasn’t into it. The prudish thing did feel very Carrie though, she has always had her boundaries confronted in previous series. I agree with @heretoreaditall2019 that we need these characters to just be, we don’t need to make a big song and dance about race or gender. This is where they get it wrong, they try too hard. I don’t agree that it's mere box-ticking, I genuinely think they believe in being inclusive and ultimately they want people to be happy. I do think their hearts are in the right place, but they feel out of touch. Essentially it's a show centered around 3 white friends in a bubble, it's going to be difficult to get away from that. They are always going to be damned if they do, damned if they don’t though.

I’m looking forward to seeing the relationship between Miranda & Che (spelling?) develop, I think it will be interesting as it kind of mirrors what CN has already explored in her own life. I know it’s sad to mess with her and Steve, but something has to happen.

Samantha…Now I love her, but I’m not a die-hard fan like a lot of you on this thread. I do wish she was included, however, she didn’t want to be involved. I felt they’ve addressed her in a kind way, by leaving the door open, and not directly replacing her with a permanent 4th member. I think it would kind of suck for her to be killed off. The way they’ve done It might not be 100% believable for the character, but what else are they going to do? 🤷‍♀️ I don’t believe there are any digs at her with the flowers and the ATM, I don’t think it’s that deep. I think it was quite a nice touch with the flowers actually, to say, "Samantha’s not in it, they fell out, but we're leaving it on a sweet note", it's kind of hopeful. I doubt she’ll be referenced again.

I can’t really get on board with the hate towards SJP, has anyone else said she’s not a nice person? I know Samantha is an incredible character but the way KC behaved with her public bashing of SJP was a bit tit IMO. Has anyone sided with Kim? I know people say everyone involved in SATC & JLT gets on with it for the money but would they be that desperate?

They should probably have left SATC alone and not done the movies, BUT it was so loved, people were so sad when it ended (I sobbed), and were desperate to see more. I’m sure it’s a lovely experience for them to all get-together and film too, If their relationship is their version (CN, SJP & KD) then they probably have loads of fun with it.

Am I delusional…maybe, I don’t know. I guess I want to see the good in something I’ve loved for so many years.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Is it worth a watch, I got 10 minutes into the first episode and gave up. Big fan but nah so should I?

Reactions: 5
“The US and UK pub cultures are different. The focus is on how Sam was raised: she likely came from the world that Bruce Springsteen sings about. It’s desperate and drinking is the only escape”

This seems reductive, simplistic and a gross misreading of Springsteen. But ok 👊🏼

Reactions: 10
“The US and UK pub cultures are different. The focus is on how Sam was raised: she likely came from the world that Bruce Springsteen sings about. It’s desperate and drinking is the only escape”

This seems reductive, simplistic and a gross misreading of Springsteen. But ok 👊🏼
Sam was scrappy and hustled to escape her roots-

D1CE78DE-5F23-486A-AC30-1EE73B7FB41B.jpeg

Bruce Springsteen:

FDE2FFEE-0EE2-4471-A17E-3F39E30C58B1.jpeg

I didn’t think it was great but I will watch all of them. I rewatched all of the original series earlier in the year plus the first film. Unless I’m in an old folks’ home, can’t move and have no access to a remote I can’t see me watching the second film again.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Don’t know if it’s been mentioned I haven’t had time to read through the last thread but Peloton have launched a new advert with Mr Big… it’s hilarious not sure if was planned in advance.. must have been! I’ll see if I can upload it. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 16
It’s a comforting feeling to see 3 well loved characters on the screen again, just the sort of TV I wanted.
It is so easy to get back into watching a show you already have a connection to. With people short on so many things right now, would this show have the appeal without the pandemic?

I'm looking forward to seeing Carrie move back into her old flat, probably because it's a nostalgic comfort blanket.

I've bumped the peloton thread if people are interested in talking about that company (the share price hasn't rebounded much following the input from ryan Reynolds agency) - https://tattle.life/threads/peloton.8214/post-7471916

• Heart
Reactions: 6
AJLT is definitely a comfort blanket. SATC is too, I watched a few episodes of S1 this afternoon (eps 10, 11 and 12) while I was working and it's just nice to have the girls back!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Oh don't! Remember the video of SJP scalding someone for calling them the girls, it's the women 🙄

😩 So awkward when people do this kind of virtuous point-scoring in conversation. They’ve always been “the girls” and she knows it. Reminds me of Justin Trudeau. “We like to say peoplekind”. Shuuure you do.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
re-watching satc this week and ughh i now retract my earlier statements about Steve, he's a godawful character even before the hearing loss... he's so whiny about miranda not wanting him to move in/get a puppy/have a baby (after they've been together for about a month it seems lol) and the times he is pretty much emotionally abusive to her about e.g. not wanting to go watch him practise shooting hoops when she has a work deadline, or if she doesnt want to talk about babies while they're casually having dinner out -- and that's pretty much just in 2 episodes and lets not even get onto him leaving skidmark pants for her to wash, being stupid about going to the STI clinic when she has chlamydia - why does she stick with him! when i was younger (and my standards were evidently lower) I used to find them quite sweet but tbh i dont know how she can be attracted to a man like that as an intelligent woman in her 30s. i imagine that as i continue my re-watch i will only find him more infuriating! so maybe its best that he has been reduced to old man comic relief now....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
It is so easy to get back into watching a show you already have a connection to. With people short on so many things right now, would this show have the appeal without the pandemic?

I'm looking forward to seeing Carrie move back into her old flat, probably because it's a nostalgic comfort blanket.

I've bumped the peloton thread if people are interested in talking about that company (the share price hasn't rebounded much following the input from ryan Reynolds agency) - https://tattle.life/threads/peloton.8214/post-7471916
yeah I wonder if any of the audience are people who didn't see the original SATC (whether at the time or later)? I doubt it tbh
Lockdowns and the pandemic have probably had a big impact on TV, god knows Emily in Paris wouldn't have been watched so much if not, I know I wouldn;t have watched past 1 episode, yet here I am looking forward to season 2 :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
My advice to anyone is never go out with someone called Steve.

Nothing to do with SATC but I’ve never heard of a good one 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
re-watching satc this week and ughh i now retract my earlier statements about Steve, he's a godawful character even before the hearing loss... he's so whiny about miranda not wanting him to move in/get a puppy/have a baby (after they've been together for about a month it seems lol) and the times he is pretty much emotionally abusive to her about e.g. not wanting to go watch him practise shooting hoops when she has a work deadline, or if she doesnt want to talk about babies while they're casually having dinner out -- and that's pretty much just in 2 episodes and lets not even get onto him leaving skidmark pants for her to wash, being stupid about going to the STI clinic when she has chlamydia - why does she stick with him! when i was younger (and my standards were evidently lower) I used to find them quite sweet but tbh i dont know how she can be attracted to a man like that as an intelligent woman in her 30s. i imagine that as i continue my re-watch i will only find him more infuriating! so maybe its best that he has been reduced to old man comic relief now....
Interesting, great recap! Where are you rewatching them? I’m so annoyed that the only SATC available to me without paying is the 2nd movie on Prime and I am NOT sitting through that again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.