Sex And The City & And Just Like That #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think they might have killed off Samantha in the years between the two shows. I presumed it would be a storyline about her cancer, maybe it returned. So Samantha will be mentioned, but she’ll never be in it.

Reactions: 2
I think they might have killed off Samantha in the years between the two shows. I presumed it would be a storyline about her cancer, maybe it returned. So Samantha will be mentioned, but she’ll never be in it.
I take it to mean that Samantha will be referenced and even form part of a storyline without being physically being on screen-therefore Kim Cattrall is not in it but Samantha kind of is, even if we don't see her.
I have read that the Carrie and Samantha characters are to be depicted as having fallen out over Carrie's decision to fire Sam as her publicist, Samantha has moved to London and Carrie is trying to make amends and get her to come home.

Reactions: 11

Attachments

Reactions: 1
I don’t think they’ll have killed her off, I’m guessing they’re hoping the show can do a few seasons / mega £ so would always leave the door open for her as she’s SUCH a fan favourite? She also gets on with most the old writers/stylists/staff, it seems to just be SJP she has real beef with, so I doubt they’d do that to her?

Having a Samantha story line with her off screen is very “you won’t know my boyfriend he goes to another school x” no? Like what are they gonna do have phone calls where you only hear one side? The GCSE drama final performance of it all!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I don’t think they’ll have killed her off, I’m guessing they’re hoping the show can do a few seasons / mega £ so would always leave the door open for her as she’s SUCH a fan favourite? She also gets on with most the old writers/stylists/staff, it seems to just be SJP she has real beef with, so I doubt they’d do that to her?

Having a Samantha story line with her off screen is very “you won’t know my boyfriend he goes to another school x” no? Like what are they gonna do have phone calls where you only hear one side? The GCSE drama final performance of it all!
Or maybe it’ll be that she has had some kind of life crisis and go backpacking around south east Asia, every now and again “oh look a postcard from Sam, she’s in Malaysia, how nice” 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Or maybe it’ll be that she has had some kind of life crisis and go backpacking around south east Asia, every now and again “oh look a postcard from Sam, she’s in Malaysia, how nice” 😂
Lmaooo Sam’s not on video on zoom the 3G is bad here soz x

I wonder if the lady Charlotte’s spending a lot of time with could be the new Sam? They weren’t BFFs in the original show though…

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Wonder what Miranda is studying? Surely it can’t be law related as she’d be teaching the class…?

Who is the woman Charlotte’s spending so much time with?! Surely they’ve not re-cast Samantha after that weird cryptic post!!

• Wow
So they've gone to the bother of making everyone woke and adding in every group, diversity bla bla bla but yet Carrie is still drinking pink cosmopolitans?
Can someone tell her the world moved on, espresso martini's or even a gin is more the thing 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Did no one else think the woman is Charlotte’s new partner? Harry in supportive co parent mode but looking glum and sad?

• Wow
  • Heart
So they've gone to the bother of making everyone woke and adding in every group, diversity bla bla bla but yet Carrie is still drinking pink cosmopolitans?
Can someone tell her the world moved on, espresso martini's or even a gin is more the thing 😆
Except espresso martinis and gin are both 🤢.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
So unless Big dies (which this week was denied by a source) are we to really believe him and Carrie have split up AGAIN????!!!

• Haha
I was listening to the Every Outfit podcast last night (EveryOutfitOnSATC on Instagram) and they had a theory that there’s going to be a time-jump element, which would explain various inconsistencies such as Miranda’s radically different hair colours, why Big is always softly backlit in the trailers (i.e. maybe he’s dead now but features in flashback scenes), stuff like that. It sounds plausible to me.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I was listening to the Every Outfit podcast last night (EveryOutfitOnSATC on Instagram) and they had a theory that there’s going to be a time-jump element, which would explain various inconsistencies such as Miranda’s radically different hair colours, why Big is always softly backlit in the trailers (i.e. maybe he’s dead now but features in flashback scenes), stuff like that. It sounds plausible to me.
I agree, I wonder if the Big stuff is flashbacks to the intervening times between now and the films…maybe when carries alone at night she gets to thinking about the times they had together

Just seen a theory on Reddit that I like…

big goes to prison for a white collar crime (he is in finance after all?) and Natasha gets subpoenaed which is why she’s back! So he’s not dead but that’s why they’re not ‘together’…

Last edited:
flash backs would definitely make sense. I just wouldn’t find it believable they’ve split up again after everything.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.