Sex And The City & And Just Like That #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is the only reason I watch!! It's like 30mins of escapism, no brain work watching, I don't want to be 'woke' in that 30mins I just want to see what shoes Carrie has on or what they are having for brunch.
Of course until everyone can be accepting in this world its important to push issues around gender etc......just not in the middle of satc revamp please.
Absolutely! And if you need to learn the about gender and race issues from watching satc you seriously need to check out of this planet pronto!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I really don't want to hear that Carrie shrieking noise ever again.
In the trailer she actually lets out a squeal when they say her table is ready at a restaurant. You'd think after how ever many years she's meant to have lived in NYC, that novelty might have worn off? Apparently not.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
Did anyone else find it weird they were showing so many shots of Charlotte with that woman? What’s that about? Where is Steve in all the trailer?! Is the first ep out today?!

Maybe I’m a prude but hate that podcaster asking Carrie if she’s ever masturbated in a public place, that’s a sex offence?!

• Sick
When shows like SATC attempt to amend their oversights, it's damned if they do, damned if they don't. IMO, it would've been extremely tone deaf if they didn't move with the times. It's been almost 2 decades since the last episode of SATC's original run and to pretend that the western society (primarily the US) hasn't gone through a massive cultural shift would be nonsensical.

I think that Schitt's Creek is one of the shows that successfully managed to maintain a feel-good atmosphere while simultaneously putting the Rose family in situations which force them to confront their privilege in an organic way. It may seem like a reach but the premise is similar (rich, white). Ofc, this only works if AJLT's writers and producers are worth their salt. With what's been released and leaked so far, I'm not too optimistic tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I can understand why they've tried to put right some of the things that weren't so great about the show, like having some more diversity this time etc, it just seems to me from the trailers that there are too many new characters! I want this new show to feel familiar and nostalgic but it seems like in order to tick some boxes there's a lot of new characters and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

I hope we get a scene in which Carrie is meant to be crying but SJP's acting ability lets her down.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Urrrggg I heard that and my teeth itched 🤢 that and the stupid whistle thing oh and the za za zu 🤮
worse was "hello lovers" referring to her shoes.... any adult so obsessed with something like shoes needs a reality check

• Haha
When shows like SATC attempt to amend their oversights, it's damned if they do, damned if they don't. IMO, it would've been extremely tone deaf if they didn't move with the times. It's been almost 2 decades since the last episode of SATC's original run and to pretend that the western society (primarily the US) hasn't gone through a massive cultural shift would be nonsensical.

I think that Schitt's Creek is one of the shows that successfully managed to maintain a feel-good atmosphere while simultaneously putting the Rose family in situations which force them to confront their privilege in an organic way. It may seem like a reach but the premise is similar (rich, white). Ofc, this only works if AJLT's writers and producers are worth their salt. With what's been released and leaked so far, I'm not too optimistic tbh.
Organic is exactly it!!

Agree I don’t feel optimistic. Like yeah it’s entirely probable Carrie would be on a podcast but lbr she’d be on some Vogue thing or some ex fashion editor’s podcast discussing BAME fashion houses you simply must follow on Instagram, or a chat with a trans model with 800k Insta followers for Gucci’s YouTube channel or some tit, not have you had a wank in public?! Like it’s crass and she’s monied she doesn’t need to do it?!

Why am I taking this so seriously lol

Organic is exactly it!!

Agree I don’t feel optimistic. Like yeah it’s entirely probable Carrie would be on a podcast but lbr she’d be on some Vogue thing or some ex fashion editor’s podcast discussing BAME fashion houses you simply must follow on Instagram, or a chat with a trans model with 800k Insta followers for Gucci’s YouTube channel or some tit, not have you had a wank in public?! Like it’s crass and she’s monied she doesn’t need to do it?!

Why am I taking this so seriously lol
YES omg, your ideas sound so good. You're totally right, it's vulgar without any added substance! Not to mention that we KNOW that Carrie is a prude, woman mocked and outed her ex for having a golden shower kink and now all of a sudden she's totally cool with discussing public masturbation? Yeah, right

Lmao don't worry, it's pandemic, there's nothing better to do atm than to overanalyze old tv shows

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.