Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HeyBabes

VIP Member
I liked him! Why did she ditch him again? She wasn’t ready for commitment or something? I really hope Aidan is gone next series. It backfired shoe horning him back in, they thought everyone would love it but they didn’t.
That scene where he starts crying, I wanted to crawl up inside myself it was so bad

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Rosie O’Donnell playing Miranda’s new love interest Mary??

why give us a Mary when that was already the name of a character - Steve’s mum? Have these writers ever even watched this show?! 😂

• Haha

xoxogossip_girl

VIP Member
I recently rewatched parts of the first movie and it’s so obvious how they separated Kim Cattrall from the rest of the cast. And not only that, they had the girls mock Samantha for the tiniest bit of weight gain ever. Horrible scene. Things must have already been really bad between her and the other three.
I read recently that the big fallout apparently happened around the time of 9/11 so end of season 4 into season 5 which kind of explains some of Kim’s storylines around then.
Makes me sad as she pushed through and had such good onscreen chemistry with everyone while falling out behind the scenes.

Kerrie86

VIP Member
It’s weird how they managed to take away almost all of her endearing qualities by the end of the series. Not sure that happened with any of the others.

Reactions: 10

Luce0331

VIP Member
I only learnt recently that the episode where Sam had a red face from her chemical peel was inspired by Kim’s fake tan going wrong in this pic. So mean!
IMG_9404.jpeg

• Sad
  • Wow

EllaBella10

VIP Member
That outfit is hideous, especially the skirt.
Not sure about the outfit either 🫤

I hope Charlottes two kids don’t have a big part in this series, they are so annoying. I really don’t care about them.

Nice to see Anthony with his Italian guy, but I get the feeling something bad will happen with them?

EllaBella10

VIP Member
Can’t wait for all the woke disclaimers at the opening of every episode and all the comments from a new generation of viewers about how it hasn’t aged well 🫠
Sometimes kind of wish we could go back to those times, so much simpler back then. Well for me anyway ❤

• Heart

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
We don't know the context of the scene the outfit is for, maybe it'll work in the show, maybe Carrie has bought a herd of sheep and they've gone missing..

• Haha

hannah123

VIP Member
I watched the last episode of season 4 yesterday, where big left for napa and left Carrie a plane ticket.
The end held a tribute to 9/11 with carries voiceover ver poignant with ‘some people come into your life, those who go are always in your heart’ etc.
Then finishes with ‘and if you’re very lucky, a plane ride away’. I nearly spat out my coffee - it was just after an airline terror attack, who signed that off 😭😭😭
Only just realising that the show never actually references 9/11, the most it references the outside world existing is celebrity names like Anna Wintour is the editor of Vogue or Matthew McConaughey is a real actor. This is probably why AJLT feels so jarring, the first episode alone references lockdown and BLM protests. SATC feels like it’s the same but a slightly different universe to the one we live in, but the writers of AJLT just said no it’s the same and we’re going to remind you every 5 minutes.

Reactions: 9

Yer_wha?!

VIP Member
I actually can't wait for the new series to come out just so I can hate/rage watch along with you lot 🤣🤣

• Haha

EllaBella10

VIP Member
I’d like to see Carrie with someone completely new. Like the podcast fella.
I liked him! Why did she ditch him again? She wasn’t ready for commitment or something? I really hope Aidan is gone next series. It backfired shoe horning him back in, they thought everyone would love it but they didn’t.

EllaBella10

VIP Member
When do we reckon the next series will start filming? Over the summer / autumn maybe to air next year? Love to see when they’re shooting so I can see their outfits etc.

Can’t wait to see where they’ll go with the Aidan / Carrie storyline. Will be something unbelievably ridiculous no doubt. I just hope to god all the woke nonsense will be gone but I doubt it!

SarcasticEllis

VIP Member
Only just realising that the show never actually references 9/11, the most it references the outside world existing is celebrity names like Anna Wintour is the editor of Vogue or Matthew McConaughey is a real actor. This is probably why AJLT feels so jarring, the first episode alone references lockdown and BLM protests. SATC feels like it’s the same but a slightly different universe to the one we live in, but the writers of AJLT just said no it’s the same and we’re going to remind you every 5 minutes.
Seeing as Carrie in an early episode compared a break up to the troubles in NI we should be glad they didn’t attempt to bring in political commentary, comparing an out of season outfit to a terrorist atrocity or something 😬

• Haha

dee_mc

VIP Member
SJP’s L’Oreal box hair dye isn’t great
That's what I was thinking - SJP's hair is a shocker, Cynthranda's eye makeup makes her look like a cartoon corpse, yet Kim is the one that gets picked on? Sad times.