Selling on Depop vs Vinted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Vinted was my hyper focus a few weeks ago. I have lots of inpost parcels stuck at the sorting office for weeks now which is annoying as they’re maternity clothes and a pregnancy pillow. I also received the wrong item but the seller has said it’s not hers. Only parcel I was waiting on sent by Royal Mail. Don’t see why as i got an all saints dress when I was waiting on a £1.50 kids tracksuit 🤷‍♀️ I have lots to sell but don’t know if I cba after reading this thread 😂
Do it!!! I’ve been selling all of baby’s newborn stuff and working my way through the 0-3 as and when it gets too small…. Used the money to purchase her a lovely 3-6 autumn wardrobe, I’m going to have to get onto 6-9 next haha.

Feel like it gives me a sense of purpose on mat leave 😂😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Is it just me or is it all about Vinted these days rather than the OG Depop? I’ve noticed Depop stealing some features from Vinted. I do find Depop’s customer care is better.

Reactions: 1
I have a load of summer clothes I never got round to listing. Do people find other buy out of season clothes on vinted, or shall I wait until next year? 🤔

Went to post 6 parcels today. Got to the yodel drop off point and one parcel has gone?? I retraced my steps and can't find it. Need to ask the buyer to cancel the order but abit nervous as its my duck up. Wish me luck.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Went to post 6 parcels today. Got to the yodel drop off point and one parcel has gone?? I retraced my steps and can't find it. Need to ask the buyer to cancel the order but abit nervous as its my duck up. Wish me luck.
Do you think it might be at home or in your car? Hope it turns up 🤞🏼

Reactions: 2
I’ve sold quite a lot of makeup on Depop. I prefer the interface but I’m wondering if that’s because I’m used to it? Went through a phase of compulsive shopping so have lots of makeup I don’t need/want!

i started selling on depop years ago, and the single most irritating thing is when someone sends you an offer (they’re usually soooo low), when I accept, they don’t pay 😐 it honestly bothers me so much, why on earth would you send an offer and then not pay after I’ve accepted it?! Such a waste of time

Reactions: 3
Do you think it might be at home or in your car? Hope it turns up 🤞🏼
Thanks 🙂. I dont drive, but I've checked the house and no sign. I put them all in the basket of my babys pram and thought they were all safe. Never heard/saw it drop, only realised when it was time to hand the parcels over. I hope they are understanding and cancel it for me. Watch me get this canceled and the parcel rocks up lol.

• Heart
Inspired by some posts on here I posted a few eyeshadow palettes and make up bits I have that I’ve never touched, I’ve got a few views and favourites on some of them but no sales yet….

I did post some foundations that again I’ve not used just swatched shade (ordered online and was wrong shade) and they got taken down as you can’t sell used makeup even swatched stuff. I’m not really arsed but I’ve seen stuff on there that’s like half used foundations and eyeshadow palettes that have clearly been used loads 🤷‍♀️

Getting many favourites....no sales though

Did get a Xmas present for my friends kid though (nice dress up outfit!)

I have a load of summer clothes I never got round to listing. Do people find other buy out of season clothes on vinted, or shall I wait until next year? 🤔
Im going on holiday soon and will be posting the stuff I’ve worn and probably won’t next year. Someone will always want out of season stuff 😊

Just had a message on a £2 item….
“Hi”
“Hello”
“Is this available?”

errrrr… yeh? That’s why it’s still up there and says buy now ?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
“Hi”
“Hello”
“Is this available?”

To be fair I messaged about something up on Vinted and got the message “I’ve already sold them sorry” so make that clear?! It takes 2 seconds 😐

To be fair I messaged about something up on Vinted and got the message “I’ve already sold them sorry” so make that clear?! It takes 2 seconds 😐
It updates automatically once sold though so they must have sold elsewhere? Anyway, she’s now not responding to me so god knows 😂 she must have wanted a discount but no hun it’s £2 or nothing

• Haha
“Hi”
“Hello”
“Is this available?”

I’ve had a few of these messages recently! And when I reply yes it is they never respond or buy. I was thinking it may be bots?

I’ve had a few of these messages recently! And when I reply yes it is they never respond or buy. I was thinking it may be bots?
Oh maybe, they don’t have any reviews or anything so 👀 what would the point of a bot be though?

Does anyone know what to do when something that I sold was returned to me because the buyer wasnt in time to get it. She does want for me to send it again, what is the best wat to do it,?

Does anyone know what to do when something that I sold was returned to me because the buyer wasnt in time to get it. She does want for me to send it again, what is the best wat to do it,?
Relist and they can buy again x

Reactions: 4
Feeling dizzy and light headed at the unexpected, unprecedented news that I have an inpost parcel to collect 😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.