Selling on Depop vs Vinted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Block. 😂

Uploaded a few bits tonight. Not a sniff! Usually have at least some favs if not a sale on upload night
I had a few stale days but now got about 7 parcels and 2 more potentials to most Monday. Got my first inpost refund today as well. A few more are due in just under 2 weeks and I'm waiting for a few parcels to be collected. I'm constantly clearing this house out but stuff somehow keeps appearing. I do buy stuff on vinted but only ever needed stuff. I've got a few more things to list as well 😂

Reactions: 1
Omg when someone requests a bundle, you confirm postage size and then… NOTHING!

What is that about?!

Reactions: 7

What is that about?!
Had a few of these this weekend. The lowball offers have been ridiculous past few days. DECLINE. I've got 10 parcels to post tomorrow though lol.

Reactions: 3
Has anyone used the paid spotlight or bump features? I was considering doing a massive upload & then putting it on spotlight for a week, I’ve got so much to sell!

What is that about?!
Glad it's not just me 😂

Has anyone used the paid spotlight or bump features? I was considering doing a massive upload & then putting it on spotlight for a week, I’ve got so much to sell!
I've only ever bumped two items, one with the free bump when I started out and that sold straight away for full price without anyone favouriting, bumped a pair of boots over the weekend to see what happened, got loads of favourites but nothing!

Got a ridiculous amount of favourites this weekend but no offers or purchases, weird!

I paid to bump one of my items for a week and it definitely got a lot of favourites but it still didn't sell!

Reactions: 2
I am so annoyed! I paid an extra £1 odds to send something first class yesterday as the buyer had picked Royal Mail 2nd class (the only RM option) and I wanted to make sure they got it before the strikes happen tomorrow so I could get my money faster. I told them this and all I got was "oh god I hope it arrives" - just checked the tracking and the plonker wasn't in when they tried to deliver!!!

It was a £35 sale and the sooner it's delivered the sooner I get the money so I am really fucked off.
How is the buyer supposed to know when a Royal Mail parcel will arrive? Not everyone can wait around at home for a delivery?

Went on a blocking spree of stupid offer people lol. Had someone cancel an order as well. 😡

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Went on a blocking spree of stupid offer people lol. Had someone cancel an order as well. 😡
I block those who give me the "well its only x amount in a shop" and that amount is still at least £5 higher than what I've got it listed for...go to the bloody shop then! 😂

I block those who give me the "well its only x amount in a shop" and that amount is still at least £5 higher than what I've got it listed for...go to the bloody shop then! 😂
I can't stand those entitled ones. Here's one I thought this thread would like. I was giving something away for FREE on fb. 1st person let me down, 2nd person was supposed to collect yesterday afternoon. After half an hr passed from the agreed collection time with no word, I commented on the post it was still available. Hours later the 2nd person started hounding me to collect. I ignored. Now they are messaging me saying good morning. Do1 you piss taker. 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I can't stand those entitled ones. Here's one I thought this thread would like. I was giving something away for FREE on fb. 1st person let me down, 2nd person was supposed to collect yesterday afternoon. After half an hr passed from the agreed collection time with no word, I commented on the post it was still available. Hours later the 2nd person started hounding me to collect. I ignored. Now they are messaging me saying good morning. Do1 you piss taker. 😂😂😂
I've had this happen!!! We were giving away a perfectly good quite expensive leather sofa, it was given to us by a friend when we bought our house who said he didn't want it back and to donate it etc. Got let down at least three times, then waited in all day on a Saturday for the person who did finally come and collect it 9 HOURS after he said he would and said 'sorry I over slept' 😂 and acted like he was doing us a favour by taking it :ROFLMAO: had a load of other stuff we were going to put up for free but decided we couldn't be doing with the hassle and had the British Heart Foundation to come and collect it all.

• Heart
I've had this happen!!! We were giving away a perfectly good quite expensive leather sofa, it was given to us by a friend when we bought our house who said he didn't want it back and to donate it etc. Got let down at least three times, then waited in all day on a Saturday for the person who did finally come and collect it 9 HOURS after he said he would and said 'sorry I over slept' 😂 and acted like he was doing us a favour by taking it :ROFLMAO: had a load of other stuff we were going to put up for free but decided we couldn't be doing with the hassle and had the British Heart Foundation to come and collect it all.
Shes still messaging me now. No duck off I only put it up for free to get it gone quickly. Couldn't contact me at all until 7pm last night. But today is constantly messaging. Remind me to never put things on fb for free again lol.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.