Selling on Depop vs Vinted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had someone offer 1.25£ for a £1.50 baby jumper. Like what’s the point just pay the extra 25p. It’s already a bargain as I brought it for £15 new and it was worn once 🫠

Facebook is also full of chancers! I was giving away something for FREE and said you must collect. The amount of messages I got asking if I would deliver 😤 no if you want it you come and collect it.
I've had this 'please can you deliver as I don't know where your located'.. no. 'Oh ok could you come meet me'..no. 2 days later 'hi can I come collect'. I had another one before I wanted £10 for some stuff and told her I wouldn't accept less. She eventually agreed. Then she turned up at my house with £8 in change. 'I haven't been able to get to a cash point'. Ma'am I live on this dead end, 1 way road and know you'd have had to have walked past the cashpoint at the shop to get to me. Made her go to cashpoint and run me my £10 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I have some BNWT tops on for £3 (River Island, &Other Stories, Zara etc) loads of favourites but no buyers! I think I’m going to put the price up and see what happens 😂🤣🤣

Reactions: 2
It always surprises me when someone just goes ahead and buys one of my listings full price without trying to haggle!
Sometimes those are the ones who are new to Vinted/don't really understand it though, so they may buy your item but then annoy you with other nonsense like messaging you asking how long their parcel will take like you're Evri :)

So as of tomorrow my inpost parcel can officially be marked as lost and I can request a refund… I’m glad because i don’t even want the items anymore I’m over them now 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Sometimes those are the ones who are new to Vinted/don't really understand it though, so they may buy your item but then annoy you with other nonsense like messaging you asking how long their parcel will take like you're Evri :)
The new members asking how much postage will cost and things like that really piss me off.

I know everyone is new once upon a time but bleeping hell read the FAQs.

Reactions: 4
I've had this 'please can you deliver as I don't know where your located'.. no. 'Oh ok could you come meet me'..no. 2 days later 'hi can I come collect'. I had another one before I wanted £10 for some stuff and told her I wouldn't accept less. She eventually agreed. Then she turned up at my house with £8 in change. 'I haven't been able to get to a cash point'. Ma'am I live on this dead end, 1 way road and know you'd have had to have walked past the cashpoint at the shop to get to me. Made her go to cashpoint and run me my £10 😂😂😂
Well done for getting your full amount.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
The new members asking how much postage will cost and things like that really piss me off.

I know everyone is new once upon a time but bleeping hell read the FAQs.
'' Hi, just wondering if this would fit my son aged 3?''
I've put the measurements, I don't know how big or small your bloody son is and I'm not a retailer :)

• Haha
Reactions: 11
So as of tomorrow my inpost parcel can officially be marked as lost and I can request a refund… I’m glad because i don’t even want the items anymore I’m over them now 😂😂😂😂
I was teetering on the edge of a refund. Had 2 days left to be exact and then the fucker turned up. 😡😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Ooh two cheeky sales tonight. Only totalling a fiver but I'll take it

Reactions: 8
I just need to have a little rant about Inpost (so glad I found this thread as you guys might be able to feel my pain on this one) … sold a sweatshirt on Vinted, had no idea my inpost was even turned on.. anyway the seller chooses inpost so I’m like oh ffs, but of course I’ll honour it… the nearest locker to me is at the train station which is like a 20 min walk up a hill (ffs) but anyway, I check online and says all size lockers are available, so I package up the parcel & walk the 20 mins uphill with my baby in the pram… get all the way there, and the bloody thing is full!!! 🤬 so i cut my losses & head home, message the seller a pic of the screen saying the lockers are full.. she ignores me so I’m like cool… next day I check online, it says small & large lockers are full, but medium are available (I needed medium) so I’m like cool, I’ll head up there… so I do the whole uphill saga again with the pram, get there and the LOCKER IS FULL AGAIN!!!?!?!?! at this point I’m LIVID 😂😂 so I have to walk a further 20 mins to another locker because at this point I just want rid of the bloody parcel (I was close to throwing it in the Thames because I was that angry) .. anyway, inpost is well & truly turned off now, never again 😂😂😂😂

Reactions: 11
Just sold an item for £3 (BNWT top that was £30) and the buyer has messaged to ask for it to be posted so they can have it for Weds! It’s the weekend, love! Not sure any of the postal services work Sundays🫠

Reactions: 5
I've noticed all the inpost stuff is starting to turn up. I emailed weeks ago complaining about the lockers. They emailed me yesterday saying they'd been so busy they hadn't been able to reply until now and that cause so much time had passed since I emailed they would be closing the complaint 😂😂 wonder how long they make it in the courier game.

Just sold an item for £3 (BNWT top that was £30) and the buyer has messaged to ask for it to be posted so they can have it for Weds! It’s the weekend, love! Not sure any of the postal services work Sundays🫠
All the upcoming strike days:

Still having problems with my order from 4 weeks again via inpost, it should have come through as a lost parcel after 7th October but it was still pending. I messaged them today saying it still hadn’t arrived and now it’s just switched to saying delivered! When I go on the inpost tracking it still says in progress as well so I don’t get why. I’ve messaged them again 🙄 just refund me please I’m bored now

I’m sure this has been asked before on here, but 23 pages is a lot on a Saturday night 😩

What’s the deal with offers on Vinted? Are you expected to make them? I’ve only offered on a couple of things I’ve bought that I thought were quite overpriced but just paid the asking price for the majority but I’ve just had a seller that seemed surprised by that? And I’ve seen posts elsewhere of people thinking it’s weird when buyers haven’t made an offer. Is it the done thing? I’ve sold loads on eBay but new to Vinted so don’t want to go wasting ££ if people are expecting me to offer below what they’re asking 😂 what’s the etiquette?
And now I’ve listed stuff to sell, should I be pricing them expecting people to offer lower or what? At the moment I’ve priced everything at the minimum price I’d be happy to sell at, but I don’t know if that’s the done thing because people generally offer. Help 😂

• Heart
I’m sure this has been asked before on here, but 23 pages is a lot on a Saturday night 😩

What’s the deal with offers on Vinted? Are you expected to make them? I’ve only offered on a couple of things I’ve bought that I thought were quite overpriced but just paid the asking price for the majority but I’ve just had a seller that seemed surprised by that? And I’ve seen posts elsewhere of people thinking it’s weird when buyers haven’t made an offer. Is it the done thing? I’ve sold loads on eBay but new to Vinted so don’t want to go wasting ££ if people are expecting me to offer below what they’re asking 😂 what’s the etiquette?
And now I’ve listed stuff to sell, should I be pricing them expecting people to offer lower or what? At the moment I’ve priced everything at the minimum price I’d be happy to sell at, but I don’t know if that’s the done thing because people generally offer. Help 😂
For me it depends really on what it is (brand, condition etc). If there was for example a new primark dress for £2 I’m not really going to make an offer. But if there was an Asos dress that I thought was overpriced (say it had been worn already or I knew had been in the sale etc) I would make an offer eg offer £7 instead of £10.
Saying that I don’t normally make offers as I always turn filters to “low to high price” as I like a bargain 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
For me it depends really on what it is (brand, condition etc). If there was for example a new primark dress for £2 I’m not really going to make an offer. But if there was an Asos dress that I thought was overpriced (say it had been worn already or I knew had been in the sale etc) I would make an offer eg offer £7 instead of £10.
Saying that I don’t normally make offers as I always turn filters to “low to high price” as I like a bargain 😂
Thank you. This is what I’ve been doing generally so far but I was getting worried I was doing Vinted wrong 😂

Thank you. This is what I’ve been doing generally so far but I was getting worried I was doing Vinted wrong 😂
I have the attitude “don’t ask don’t get” sometimes. Worse they do is reject your offer 🤷‍♀️. Or come back with a counter offer.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.