Selling on Depop vs Vinted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone had any issues buying Royal Mail postage online? It’s trying to organise collection on a second class parcel. I don’t want it to be collected, I just want to print at home and drop the parcel off myself 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Has anyone had any issues buying Royal Mail postage online? It’s trying to organise collection on a second class parcel. I don’t want it to be collected, I just want to print at home and drop the parcel off myself 🤦🏻‍♀️
I think once you've paid you can cancel the collection.

Oh I had to turn off Royal Mail in the end as this was doing my head in. I don’t work from home and didn’t want to spend my days off sitting home all morning waiting for the postie to arrive! So annoying lol

Reactions: 4
I get mega confused by Royal Mail, there is an option for Click and Drop that cancels off the collection. I ballsed it up the first time and printed the label and dropped it myself but I’d actually booked a collection 😬 parcel still got there though just pissed off the postman!

Reactions: 1
I get mega confused by Royal Mail, there is an option for Click and Drop that cancels off the collection. I ballsed it up the first time and printed the label and dropped it myself but I’d actually booked a collection 😬 parcel still got there though just pissed off the postman!
Oh I had to turn off Royal Mail in the end as this was doing my head in. I don’t work from home and didn’t want to spend my days off sitting home all morning waiting for the postie to arrive! So annoying lol
Never mind, I realised you could delete the collection once you get to the view basket stage. It was very confusing!!

Reactions: 1
I'm sick of people favouriting but not buying grr!!
Same. I've had items with 20 favourites before they've sold. But those ones I know not to reduce the price on cause someone will eventually come and pay what I've asked.

Sigh stupid offers. £6 for an item up for £10, which is brand new...Still available on the website and even in the sale its £18 still. I'm just ignoring them tbh.

Reactions: 6
Sigh stupid offers. £6 for an item up for £10, which is brand new...Still available on the website and even in the sale its £18 still. I'm just ignoring them tbh.
Someone offered me £15 the other day for a £30 item (BNWT) so I declined and then they offered me £14. :ROFLMAO: I ignored them!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I know it's frustrating but you gotta remember that everyone likes to try their luck with prices regardless.

I was really annoyed when I had a £130 brand new with tags bag listed for £25 and people were offering me £15 for it. Vinted is full of chancers. Just learn to ignore!! It makes me appreciate those who buy at full price even more.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I know it's frustrating but you gotta remember that everyone likes to try their luck with prices regardless.

I was really annoyed when I had a £130 brand new with tags bag listed for £25 and people were offering me £15 for it. Vinted is full of chancers. Just learn to ignore!! It makes me appreciate those who buy at full price even more.
It always surprises me when someone just goes ahead and buys one of my listings full price without trying to haggle!

Reactions: 8
Just had my £30 sale completed with no issues. What I like lol. Got £150 in my vinted balance now.

Reactions: 2
I never haggle but I buy very cheap items for my three year old to wear at preschool or maternity clothes for me that I’ll be out of in a few months anyway.

Had someone last night offer me £8 for a new with tags £12 item and I ignored it, woke up this morning and someone has bought it for the full £12 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Had someone offer 1.25£ for a £1.50 baby jumper. Like what’s the point just pay the extra 25p. It’s already a bargain as I brought it for £15 new and it was worn once 🫠

Facebook is also full of chancers! I was giving away something for FREE and said you must collect. The amount of messages I got asking if I would deliver 😤 no if you want it you come and collect it.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
The frustration. Ordered something last week on vinted, heard nothing. Today I had my order cancelled by the seller, then immediately a message from the seller asking for me to re-buy at a massively increased price. They can definitely jog on, even more annoying it had previously been listed for over 6months.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I keep getting notifications from Vinted to leave buyers feedback. The ones who didn't confirm receipt even when I nicely asked & they'd read? Nay chance lol 😆

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.