Selling on Depop and Vinted #3 Looking for bargains and scammers galore? Join vinted for these and so much more

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been using Vinted for almost 2 years now but I've had a first and you'll be shocked.

A lady offered me a higher price than I sent her after she favourited it, I accepted and she paid 🧐🤷

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
So, I bought an item which was sent through Evri. It seems its still stuck with them. Delivery date was expected to be 25th Jan and now it's Feb 16th! I can't do anything until after that date if it hasn't arrived.

Problem is I've seen a similar item at a good price that I would happily buy as a replacement but could very well be sold by the time I have to wait for the original item to be delivered.

Should I chase this up with Evri? I'm not used to dealing with them. I let the seller know but she ignored my message.
If your parcel hasn’t moved in 24 hours you can chase with evri via chat, it’s a bot but it might get it moving or tell you it’s lost

Reactions: 1
So, I bought an item which was sent through Evri. It seems its still stuck with them. Delivery date was expected to be 25th Jan and now it's Feb 16th! I can't do anything until after that date if it hasn't arrived.

Problem is I've seen a similar item at a good price that I would happily buy as a replacement but could very well be sold by the time I have to wait for the original item to be delivered.

Should I chase this up with Evri? I'm not used to dealing with them. I let the seller know but she ignored my message.
Chase with evri. It's a bot but someone should message in a few days

I bought an item that took 5 weeks to arrive with Evri recently, it did arrive!

Reactions: 2

I sent stuff with Evri at the start of January and it took about 3 weeks but it did get there in the end!

Guys how do I turn off bundles 😂 I just sold someone a 5 item bundle. All the stuff added together is £29, but somehow the bundle came up £15. It’s fine cuz it’s not stuff that I want anyway/doesn’t fit me anymore. But I feel like I’ve been scammed 🤣🤣

Guys how do I turn off bundles 😂 I just sold someone a 5 item bundle. All the stuff added together is £29, but somehow the bundle came up £15. It’s fine cuz it’s not stuff that I want anyway/doesn’t fit me anymore. But I feel like I’ve been scammed 🤣🤣
I’ve put mine on 5% as I sell items in general that are worth a little more so don’t really want to be lowballed on an offer

I’ve put mine on 5% as I sell items in general that are worth a little more so don’t really want to be lowballed on an offer
Mine were on 50% ffs 🤣🤣 just lowered them considerably. Happy to be getting rid of my stuff of course, I just didn’t realise they were so high. Oh well, I’m glad I knew now while it was cheaper stuff

Reactions: 4
I don’t think I can cope with the Facebook groups much more, some people are just so thick!

Reactions: 3
Working my way through the old threads and just sold my first item!
Buyers selected Yodel, I chose Yodel as on the Postage options when I clicked to find nearest locations there’s a shop a 5 minute drive from my house
But there’s also a Yodel Direct website which when I go on nearest locations it brings up stores a 20 minute drive away?

below screenshot is example of the yodel website Vinted takes me to, I’m hoping this is correct and I can print in store ?

(not my address just a random location)

A9BB07C7-FA62-4C70-8E2E-BB2EEC98046F.png

Working my way through the old threads and just sold my first item!
Buyers selected Yodel, I chose Yodel as on the Postage options when I clicked to find nearest locations there’s a shop a 5 minute drive from my house
But there’s also a Yodel Direct website which when I go on nearest locations it brings up stores a 20 minute drive away?

below screenshot is example of the yodel website Vinted takes me to, I’m hoping this is correct and I can print in store ?

(not my address just a random location)

View attachment 1920304
You should have been sent a barcode? They'll scan that and print the label

---

Or possibly a qr code, it's been a while since I used Yodel

I have an item on Vinted which I'm desperate to sell and I even paid to bump it. I've had 20 people favourite it and sent them all offers but none pf them even replied. I had an offer last week which I accepted but the person never paid. I accepted another offer yesterday and the person has not paid yet. I've just sent her a message to nudge her. It's so frustrating!

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I have an item on Vinted which I'm desperate to sell and I even paid to bump it. I've had 20 people favourite it and sent them all offers but none pf them even replied. I had an offer last week which I accepted but the person never paid. I accepted another offer yesterday and the person has not paid yet. I've just sent her a message to nudge her. It's so frustrating!
what is it? It may be better on a different site depending on item x

Does anyone order free fedEx supplies? Seems people do on the Facebook group but you seem to need an account unlike DHL

Reactions: 1
UGG slippers. I’ve put them on Depop and gumtree too. I don’t have a Facebook account so can’t use marketplace.
very surprised they aren’t selling tbh but January is a slow month not everyone has been paid yet

How long have the slippers been listed? You could try reducing the price or something which will nudge anyone who’s favourited it.
---

We need a new thread. Any title suggestions?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.