Selling on Depop and Vinted #3 Looking for bargains and scammers galore? Join vinted for these and so much more

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just received my parcel in a box and it had pepperoni in the boxšŸ˜«šŸ¤¢I despise
pepperoni.

It was a toy kettle and it also has red sauce inside šŸ¤®šŸ¤®šŸ¤®help me

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I just received my parcel in a box and it had pepperoni in the boxšŸ˜«šŸ¤¢I despise
pepperoni.

It was a toy kettle and it also has red sauce inside šŸ¤®šŸ¤®šŸ¤®help me
I guarantee if you posted it in that Vinted Facebook group, most people would agree but you would get some scruffs telling you that people are busy and not all of us can afford packaging (or taped up bin bags), to go over it with a baby wipe and give 5*s anyway and be grateful for the free gift šŸ˜‚

• Haha
I guarantee if you posted it in that Vinted Facebook group, most people would agree but you would get some scruffs telling you that people are busy and not all of us can afford packaging (or taped up bin bags), to go over it with a baby wipe and give 5*s anyway and be grateful for the free gift šŸ˜‚
There's a post on the vinted page where someone has packaged in a pizza box and some gift bags

• Haha
Reactions: 2
There's a post on the vinted page where someone has packaged in a pizza box and some gift bags
what did the comments sayšŸ¤£

---

šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£Itā€™s the first time I have received anything dirty, why do people not check stuff firstšŸ˜«

Looking for some opinions on my latest buy... I bought a bag from uniqlo on vinted that went 'viral' and sold out every restock as its a small cross body bag that fits a lot of stuff in it and it cute. Costs Ā£19,90 but sold out everytime on the uniqlo website and I haven't seen it restock since so eventually bought it off a seller on vinted. It was listed for Ā£26 so already a mark up of Ā£6 but I offered Ā£20 as it hadn't sold in a while she accepted and posted quickly. It was listed with the description of 'THE viral tik tok bag' and such saying how much space it has etc. It arrived today and its a much small smaller version that cost her Ā£12,90 - label was still attached. I paid Ā£20 and it was listed for Ā£26... But I never clarified the tag price with her. Is this my bad? Am I right in feeling its disingenuous off her and feeling a bit scammed? I didn't request any refund, the bags are identical except in size so I could have asked for more info really to ensure its exactly what I thought it was. I have left her a two star review though as despite her being kind and posting quick I do think it's a bit out of order as I'm sure she knew exactly what she was doing listing a product for Ā£15 more than she paid for it. Just wondering what people think if I was right to leave that review or even if I could have asked for a refund?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Looking for some opinions on my latest buy... I bought a bag from uniqlo on vinted that went 'viral' and sold out every restock as its a small cross body bag that fits a lot of stuff in it and it cute. Costs Ā£19,90 but sold out everytime on the uniqlo website and I haven't seen it restock since so eventually bought it off a seller on vinted. It was listed for Ā£26 so already a mark up of Ā£6 but I offered Ā£20 as it hadn't sold in a while she accepted and posted quickly. It was listed with the description of 'THE viral tik tok bag' and such saying how much space it has etc. It arrived today and its a much small smaller version that cost her Ā£12,90 - label was still attached. I paid Ā£20 and it was listed for Ā£26... But I never clarified the tag price with her. Is this my bad? Am I right in feeling its disingenuous off her and feeling a bit scammed? I didn't request any refund, the bags are identical except in size so I could have asked for more info really to ensure its exactly what I thought it was. I have left her a two star review though as despite her being kind and posting quick I do think it's a bit out of order as I'm sure she knew exactly what she was doing listing a product for Ā£15 more than she paid for it. Just wondering what people think if I was right to leave that review or even if I could have asked for a refund?
Yeah I think itā€™s a pisstake on her part: was the small bag viral too? Even though Iā€™d be fuming I donā€™t know if two stars is a bit harsh if she hasnā€™t actually lied?

Reactions: 6
View attachment 1914415
who would bother buying these? (Or selling) hardly any left and you can buy 2 new 100 bottles for Ā£20
Yeah I think itā€™s a pisstake on her part: was the small bag viral too? Even though Iā€™d be fuming I donā€™t know if two stars is a bit harsh if she hasnā€™t actually lied?
No I don't think so im pretty sure it was always the larger version which still looks small (both are like cross body saddle bags). Yeah that's what I'm thinking maybe it was a bit harsh and I didn't even discuss it with her or ask for confirmation of size / rrp etc feel a bit of a dick. Pms and opening the parcel had me on one lol. I might edit it

I donā€™t think itā€™s her fault you shouldā€™ve asked the size imo. You couldnā€™t tell on the pictures it was the smaller one, so she may have thought it was the exact one on the tiktoks and not realised it was a smaller version?

Iā€™m sorry but I think that was really harsh. You didnā€™t ask the size or clarify the RRP with her, and you sent her the offer of Ā£20, which she accepted. The 2* review was harsh imo, especially since she was nice and posted quickly.

I once saw a pair of shoes in the sale, RRP is over Ā£500, but they were marked down to Ā£50 because they had a little scuff on the sole. Designer and a really popular brand, only in my size. I already own these exact shoes, but I bought them again anyway because I love them and thought it wouldnā€™t hurt to have a backup/give them to my sister. They didnā€™t fit her and I just never wore them (always wore my original pair because I had broken them in so they were comfy). I listed them, and got Ā£120 for them. I obviously took the Ā£50 tags off. I donā€™t feel bad because to even find those shoes for Ā£120 in almost new condition is rare, and the girl was happy tooā€¦

Reactions: 4
Unfortunately thatā€™s how people make money, you were willing to pay that price and weā€™re happy before you saw the tag so I donā€™t think it is scamming. You didnā€™t clarify or speak to her before leaving the review so I do think it is a bit harsh.

Reactions: 9
Unfortunately thatā€™s how people make money, you were willing to pay that price and weā€™re happy before you saw the tag so I donā€™t think it is scamming. You didnā€™t clarify or speak to her before leaving the review so I do think it is a bit harsh.
Yeah I edited my review, it was harsh. Was the cherry on top of a bad day. Have changed and messaged her to explain. Its now 4* and I apologised though I don't think she'd seen it yet. Still can't get behind people who buy 10 of an item then sell it for over double the price because they knew its popular but that's just me

• Heart
Reactions: 3
New to Vinted but so far all sales have gone well, and I've been more than happy with purchases I've bought!

Reactions: 1
I think Iā€™ve been persuaded sue to this thread to sell stuff on vinted - once I finally can be bothered to go through my things

Hi everyone, pretty new to this thread but not new to selling on Vinted. I do have a question though, I know a buyer had to click ā€œeverything is okayā€ for funds to be released, but what happens if they never pick up an item? A bundle I sent got delivered to their pick up four days ago and they havenā€™t picked it up. I know Vinted isnā€™t great at pushing the notifications so I even sent a message to let them know and they said theyā€™d get it yesterday. Eventually will it be sent back to me? Iā€™d rather the money as Iā€™ve already got a couple of items reserved but Iā€™m waiting for the funds to clear (new rule for me this year that I can only buy from funds of selling)

Hi everyone, pretty new to this thread but not new to selling on Vinted. I do have a question though, I know a buyer had to click ā€œeverything is okayā€ for funds to be released, but what happens if they never pick up an item? A bundle I sent got delivered to their pick up four days ago and they havenā€™t picked it up. I know Vinted isnā€™t great at pushing the notifications so I even sent a message to let them know and they said theyā€™d get it yesterday. Eventually will it be sent back to me? Iā€™d rather the money as Iā€™ve already got a couple of items reserved but Iā€™m waiting for the funds to clear (new rule for me this year that I can only buy from funds of selling)
I had 3 days to collect my inpost parcel I bought from Vinted before it got returned to the seller

So, I bought an item which was sent through Evri. It seems its still stuck with them. Delivery date was expected to be 25th Jan and now it's Feb 16th! I can't do anything until after that date if it hasn't arrived.

Problem is I've seen a similar item at a good price that I would happily buy as a replacement but could very well be sold by the time I have to wait for the original item to be delivered.

Should I chase this up with Evri? I'm not used to dealing with them. I let the seller know but she ignored my message.

So, I bought an item which was sent through Evri. It seems its still stuck with them. Delivery date was expected to be 25th Jan and now it's Feb 16th! I can't do anything until after that date if it hasn't arrived.

Problem is I've seen a similar item at a good price that I would happily buy as a replacement but could very well be sold by the time I have to wait for the original item to be delivered.

Should I chase this up with Evri? I'm not used to dealing with them. I let the seller know but she ignored my message.
How much is the item? I personally would buy the second one, and if I ended up with two sell one on

Reactions: 1
Would a set of 3 baby sleepsuits fit into a small or medium parcel? Iā€™ve put a few up for sale and donā€™t want to be dealing with people saying Iā€™m charging too much for postage lol.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.