Selling on Depop and Vinted #3 Looking for bargains and scammers galore? Join vinted for these and so much more

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have an item that's sat in transit for 9 days with Yodel and no movement. I've messaged the buyer to let them know I've chased yodel but absolutely no response from them 🤔 If I got that message I'd at least thank them for the update 🤷‍♀️

How long have the slippers been listed? You could try reducing the price or something which will nudge anyone who’s favourited it.
2 weeks. I paid for a 7-day bump on Friday so it'll take me into this week and after payday for most. If it doesn't sell by the time the bump expires I'll reduce it. Thanks for the advice :)

UGG slippers. I’ve put them on Depop and gumtree too. I don’t have a Facebook account so can’t use marketplace.
Are they listed for a good price?
I bought a brand new pair recently on sale from the ugg website for £30 so there's really good deals in official stores at the moment.

Reactions: 1
Are they listed for a good price?
I bought a brand new pair recently on sale from the ugg website for £30 so there's really good deals in official stores at the moment.
I think so! They are not the slippers that everyone has (I can't remember the name). They are different style which are on sale for around £80 and I have listed them for £55 (they are brand new with box). I've been offering people who favourite it £45 and the offer I accepted is for £45 but she still hasn't paid.
---

Update! The buyer responded saying she will pay this evening when she gets home from work. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
You should have been sent a barcode? They'll scan that and print the label

---

Or possibly a qr code, it's been a while since I used Yodel
Got it! Think I got confused as under Yodel the brand there seems to be Collect + and Yodel Direct
Sent it no problem fingers crossed delivery all goes smoothly!

New to Vinted but how annoying is it people building bundles then I confirm postage and they never pay?!
Had someone put a bundle of 7 item together then once I confirmed postage they disappeared off face of this earth 😂

Got it! Think I got confused as under Yodel the brand there seems to be Collect + and Yodel Direct
Sent it no problem fingers crossed delivery all goes smoothly!

New to Vinted but how annoying is it people building bundles then I confirm postage and they never pay?!
Had someone put a bundle of 7 item together then once I confirmed postage they disappeared off face of this earth 😂
What's more annoying is when they ask for loads of things so it's obvious it will be medium postage size, then they say no thanks as the postage is too much. The price difference between different postage sizes is minimal 🤯

Reactions: 6
Hi people who might know more about Vinted than me 😅 ?

I’ve just sold my first item, the buyer has chosen Yodel and it says buyer has paid for postage and I can print the label and post it.

But they’ve messaged me asking if I can not send by Yodel and can I use another courier instead? … I can’t do this because they have bought a Yodel label though right? Am I going mental?

Hi people who might know more about Vinted than me 😅 ?

I’ve just sold my first item, the buyer has chosen Yodel and it says buyer has paid for postage and I can print the label and post it.

But they’ve messaged me asking if I can not send by Yodel and can I use another courier instead? … I can’t do this because they have bought a Yodel label though right? Am I going mental?
Yes they have selected yodel so you need to send it that way. No option to change once the order is placed, this would give me massive red flags and I'd probably cancel the order as they seem dodgy!

Reactions: 7
Yes they have selected yodel so you need to send it that way. No option to change once the order is placed, this would give me massive red flags and I'd probably cancel the order as they seem dodgy!
It seemed red flaggy to me too tbh.

Thank you good to know I’m not being really dim

Getting so frustrated with this buyer - the item was delivered to their pick up five days ago now I think and they still haven’t collected it, despite them saying they would on the morning of 28th. It was a big bundle and I want my funds released 😅

Anyone been asked if they wanted to do a ‘swop’ on Vinted? No, no I don’t want to swop I just want to sell!

Not sure I even get this? 😕
I seen this and another post with someone saying they were charged. I'm guessing they're seeing people order but not post anything through the account so are charging for the packaging a few months down the line? Ups don't take card details like fedex

I seen this and another post with someone saying they were charged. I'm guessing they're seeing people order but not post anything through the account so are charging for the packaging a few months down the line? Ups don't take card details like fedex
Yeah I might go back to ups then as those really were free :) thanks all!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.