Selling on Depop and Vinted #3 Looking for bargains and scammers galore? Join vinted for these and so much more

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve sold and bought a couple of things and all have been shipped using InPost. But everything is showing as being really delayed on the delivery tracker and taking longer than expected. I’m based in London. Is anyone else having issues with inpost at the moment (aside from lockers being perpetually full)

Reactions: 1
How long do you guys have stuff up before you slash prices/give it to charity?

I have a pair of shoes up that I really want gone. They’re originally £600 and I’ve got them on for £65, cuz I’ve worn them a bit (sadly too small for me but I love them ☹). 6 people have favourited them, should I reduce the price or keep hoping they’ll go soon?

I have a pair of shoes up that I really want gone. They’re originally £600 and I’ve got them on for £65, cuz I’ve worn them a bit (sadly too small for me but I love them ☹). 6 people have favourited them, should I reduce the price or keep hoping they’ll go soon?
It depends how fussed you are really - I think different items sell better on different platforms so I tend to list all across eBay, Depop and Vinted. You might find you have better luck in a facebook selling group - there are specific ones if you’re selling dr martens etc sometimes. I think things sell better at certain times of year too so you could always knock the price down a bit and see what happens

Maybe bump them? I bumped when I came off holiday mode on Monday and I’ve sold a couple bits since that had been sat there for ages

It’s sometimes events/news/trends too. I’ve had some Vivienne Westwood heels up for ages and since she died I’ve got people fighting over them from as far as the USA and China :)
On that note- notice a lot of sellers don’t do international shipping. I don’t see how it’s any more ‘risk’ than domestic if you send tracked and assume the price would be increased anyway to cover high shipping costs, but guess if there’s an issue you couldn’t get your item back :)

I’ve sold and bought a couple of things and all have been shipped using InPost. But everything is showing as being really delayed on the delivery tracker and taking longer than expected. I’m based in London. Is anyone else having issues with inpost at the moment (aside from lockers being perpetually full)
Same! I have an item that's been in transit for 13 days now, outside of London.

The things I’ve put in lockers haven’t moved and it’s been several days. Something I’m waiting on that is coming via a locker moved for the first time in 5 days yesterday. So seems an issue (item coming for North East, I’m other side of the country)

Seems to be a big problem down south with the lockers, I'm in Glasgow and never had an issue finding an empty one. Hope it stays that way cos it'll become too much effort otherwise 😂

Reactions: 3
Fuming I'm having to spend my time messaging these scammers relatives on FB. Can't get over the cheek of one trying to steal from me and then reporting me loooool.

Still sadly awaiting all my Evri parcels including one from before Christmas - definitely avoiding them going forwards! I’m pretty sure a couple of them are lost

• Sad
Reactions: 2
One scammer has decided she doesn't want me messaging any more of her FB friends and has coughed up. 2 more to go.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Still sadly awaiting all my Evri parcels including one from before Christmas - definitely avoiding them going forwards! I’m pretty sure a couple of them are lost
I had a nightmare with Evri before Christmas- received an email saying my package has been delivered except it hadn’t and the photo showing ‘proof of delivery’ was clearly the palm of someone’s hand whilst the gos location of delivery was a totally different address 10min away! The actual parcel turned up a week later. It was like the delivery driver decided he’d had enough of work that day so decided he’d stay stuff had been delivered when it hadn’t, and only got round to delivering it at a later date. Utterly ridiculous (admittedly I was surprised that the parcel turned up at all!)

Reactions: 3
Screenshot_20230112_174742_Facebook.jpg

Saw this and thought of this thread. Only thing listed in the description was "ancient" 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 9
People just a friendly reminder to not get caught out yourselves!

I’ve just bought something I thought was impossible to get, the old bodyshop bb cream that has been discontinued. I was super excited. Didn’t even mind paying £16

Only for it to turn up today and realise it’s some crap they still sell at half the price on Body Shop 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

My own fault for getting excited and not checking what I’m actually buying 😂 Lesson learned, I hope 🤞🏼

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I had a nightmare with Evri before Christmas- received an email saying my package has been delivered except it hadn’t and the photo showing ‘proof of delivery’ was clearly the palm of someone’s hand whilst the gos location of delivery was a totally different address 10min away! The actual parcel turned up a week later. It was like the delivery driver decided he’d had enough of work that day so decided he’d stay stuff had been delivered when it hadn’t, and only got round to delivering it at a later date. Utterly ridiculous (admittedly I was surprised that the parcel turned up at all!)
what an idiot! Our Evri guy is great but half my parcels look like they’ve not been processed or lost in transit 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 2
I kept complaining to Vinted about my whole coat saga and asked for a refund of the postage for the return (which the girl had demanded i pay instead of her, as they cocked up the system) and they’ve decided to give me the whole cost of the coat? And I have the coat back anyway? Idk if that means they’ve charged the girl for a coat she doesn’t have or if they’re just out of pocket a couple of hundred quid 🤷🏻‍♀️ so incompetent

Reactions: 5
I kept complaining to Vinted about my whole coat saga and asked for a refund of the postage for the return (which the girl had demanded i pay instead of her, as they cocked up the system) and they’ve decided to give me the whole cost of the coat? And I have the coat back anyway? Idk if that means they’ve charged the girl for a coat she doesn’t have or if they’re just out of pocket a couple of hundred quid 🤷🏻‍♀️ so incompetent
Withdraw money and forget about it x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Went from barely selling anything to selling 4 things in 24 hours...so wierd how it works.

Need to shift lots in the next few months as currently go past yodel/in post drop offs everyday but moving to somewhere more rural soon where it's going to be a right pain to post ad hoc! Wondering if I'll have to specify postage days or just say in a message once sold.

Went from barely selling anything to selling 4 things in 24 hours...so wierd how it works.

Need to shift lots in the next few months as currently go past yodel/in post drop offs everyday but moving to somewhere more rural soon where it's going to be a right pain to post ad hoc! Wondering if I'll have to specify postage days or just say in a message once sold.
I go through periods of no sales and then they all flock at once lol.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.