Selling on Depop and Vinted #3 Looking for bargains and scammers galore? Join vinted for these and so much more

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
duck sake, I was having a good run with selling on Vinted and now this has happened.
I sold an item, sent through In post, and the buyer has received the parcel today but it’s not the item I sent. So she has someone else’s item basically.
god knows where my item is that I sold!

what the hell do I do now?
I think you would let Vinted support know and they should let you know what to do- surely InPost has to sort it? I wouldn’t refund until you’ve got direction from Vinted

Reactions: 6
My husband went to post in the lockers and every one that opened, had something inside them.

Luckily he's the type not to steal anything.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Anyone else never actually make any money on Vinted because your profits are reinvested in new shite to fill your home with instead?

sometimes if my husband says anything when I collect an item, I say it’s just an InPost parcel I’m sending that the locker didn’t have room for 🤠
I'm saving mine for Invisalign, I've been saving all my Quidco too! I don't look on Vinted to buy, just put my stuff on to sell.

Reactions: 2
I'm saving mine for Invisalign, I've been saving all my Quidco too! I don't look on Vinted to buy, just put my stuff on to sell.
I started out like that, and then started browsing 🥲 I have a bag addiction and it enables me to indulge by thinking well I’ve sold X amount of my old ones and this one that I regretted not buying before is on for a fraction of the price. I do it with Dr Martens too!

Reactions: 3
What is the etiquette of asking people to mark things as received? royal mail delivered Monday and they’ve not marked as received
Do I just ask them if they “received” it?

You have way more self control than me 😂 do you keep all the money in the balance bit on vinted? Or withdraw it?

What is the etiquette of asking people to mark things as received? royal mail delivered Monday and they’ve not marked as received
Say ‘hi, can you mark this as received please?’ I’ve had a few where the button was not there x

Reactions: 4
When I posted via R.M I would give them a day after getting the delivered notification. If they didn't ok it I would inform them I'm aware they have recieved it, I can see they've been online that day and ask if there's anything stopping them clicking everything's OK.

One of the wannabe scammers has now said she will pay. Hours later still waiting. Where do these people get off? Can not wait to ruin her 5* review streak. Apparently I'm hostile LOL.

I've kept it in for the minute, same with my Quidco I'm up to £900 with that, going to withdraw at £1,000
The most I saved up was £180. I've made quiet abit on there tbh but at first would spend it all like mad. I've made about £100 this month so far and it's all gone in the savers.

Reactions: 1
I've kept it in for the minute, same with my Quidco I'm up to £900 with that, going to withdraw at £1,000
Not to spook you but I’m sure I’ve seen a situation where someone had their Vinted account randomly shut down / it was claimed they’d violated a policy and they hadn’t, and they’d lost their Vinted balance! I’d maybe take it out and stash it in a savings account

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I just went to collect a parcel that was delivered to the shop this morning, and they’ve said that it’s not there - and to try again in a couple days. Has anyone else had this?

Also, I realised in the shop that my vinted has my married name but my ID is still in my maiden name - doesn’t look like I’ll get the parcel 😔 I’m such an idiot why did I use my married name

Not to spook you but I’m sure I’ve seen a situation where someone had their Vinted account randomly shut down / it was claimed they’d violated a policy and they hadn’t, and they’d lost their Vinted balance! I’d maybe take it out and stash it in a savings account
To add to this you can get a monzo card and get a savings pot that you can lock until certain dates. Bit more secure than vinted

Reactions: 3
I think I'll draw it be all out when I get this outstanding £45. Thanks for the info!

Reactions: 4
I received a beauty product today. All packed and wrapped very nicely, but the seller must've sprayed the tissue paper with perfume

It made my eyes water and its not scent I like 🙈

Screenshot_20230112-222751_Vinted.jpg

This would be the person who has had my items for DAYS, has said they are fine, has said they will pay and STILL is refusing to do so. I've taken an attitude but nothing report worthy. Gonna report her back in retaliation.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I put a few winter dresses on that I've been saving to see if I wear them this winter. Mid January and I haven't so thought I'd whack them up quickly before the warmer weather comes.
Someone bought one of them and then messaged me "are you sure this is a size 16".
Wtf?! Nah it's an 8 bab just thought I'd lie.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’m really starting to find that Depop is absolutely dead these days. Not much new stuff added and cluttered with everyone’s overpriced shite listed as Y2K or vintage when it’s just someone’s ratty hollister skirt from 2010.

every so often though I get the weirdest sale where someone buys something quite obscure that I listed a year ago on there

what in the name of god is this tatty old top at that price?

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.