Selling on Depop and Vinted #2 Nice item but package had too much tape

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d have messaged them. Just something like “That’s a nice card holder - where did you get it?” 😏

The bloody cheek of it!
She’d even posted it for Xmas day after she ‘bought’ it for her boyfriend😳someone did it to my sisters dress she sold to someone on depop as well and she was parading around in it on her instagram stories whilst claiming it never turned up!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
She’d even posted it for Xmas day after she ‘bought’ it for her boyfriend😳someone did it to my sisters dress she sold to someone on depop as well and she was parading around in it on her instagram stories whilst claiming it never turned up!
Jesus. Some people have no shame. I hope real inconvenient things happen to people like that. Such as their sock ALWAYS falling down in their shoe, their bin bag splitting open when they go to change it, ketchup bottle spraying everywhere when shaking it. Just basically things that are really bleeping annoying but not harmful 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
See even if I wanted to scam someone I wouldn't dare with them knowing where I live or at the very least what local buy and sell groups to name and shame me on. If I found a scammed item of mine being flaunted on the Internet, I'd dig out their address. Go onto Gumtree. Start replying to ads for big heavy items like sofas and offering to pay for delivery, when they ask for the address simply give them the scammers address and then sit back and know I've caused them my moneys worth in aggro.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My buyer who gave me a 63 part sob story over a £2 dress that went missing/got held up has finally received it.

She left 5* feedback. “Super speedy delivery”

🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ ok hun, blocked now, goodbye…

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I've got some plonker in my messages saying she's 'disappointed' that a jumper I sold doesn't fit them...it's a size small, which Vinted lists as an 8 anyway, but I said in the listing that it fits me as a size 10 on the top AND she asked me for the measurements before she bought it? She has a load of items listed as 12 or 14 so it was probably never going to fit her! Maybe I'm a cow but I don't want to refund it 🤷‍♀️ I'm feeling a @Lucyxxxx esque block coming on...

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I've got some plonker in my messages saying she's 'disappointed' that a jumper I sold doesn't fit them...it's a size small, which Vinted lists as an 8 anyway, but I said in the listing that it fits me as a size 10 on the top AND she asked me for the measurements before she bought it? She has a load of items listed as 12 or 14 so it was probably never going to fit her! Maybe I'm a cow but I don't want to refund it 🤷‍♀️ I'm feeling a @Lucyxxxx esque block coming on...
Tell her to stop kidding herself, the jumpers a size 8 and she’s a 14. It’s not magic hun, you bought the wrong size

• Haha
Reactions: 12
How do you find the FB groups?
I’m in these ones 😊

Just Mulberry UK Buy, Sell & Swap
Mulberry - New & Preloved - Buy, Swap & Sell
Totally Addicted to Mulberry: £600 or less
Mulberry Swap & Sell
LVoe Addicts UK
Totally Addicted to Designer
Designer Branded Handbags, Purses & Accessories UK

Reactions: 3
Go on get the last word in and BLOCK.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’m in these ones 😊

Just Mulberry UK Buy, Sell & Swap
Mulberry - New & Preloved - Buy, Swap & Sell
Totally Addicted to Mulberry: £600 or less
Mulberry Swap & Sell
LVoe Addicts UK
Totally Addicted to Designer
Designer Branded Handbags, Purses & Accessories UK
Thanks for sharing. Didn't even know this was a thing!

Reactions: 1
I’ve only just started selling on Vinted but my god people are cheeky!
Buckle up beaut. Your in for a stormy ride.

I finally sent a pic of me wearing something (cropped out my face). Baring in mind I'm selling it as its now 2 sizes too big. 'Oooo that looks abit baggy'. I'm modeling something 2 sizes too big for me (hence why I'm selling as stated in the description) what do you expect???

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Earlier this week I received a brand new cashmere jumper in the post (Royal Mail), tags still attached (£150). I didn’t order it and there’s nothing to identify the sender.. What would you all do? I suppose I could message everyone I’ve ordered from on Vinted - but there’s no reason for any of them to have my address as I never pick RM as an option on Vinted as I think it’s overly complicated for the seller.

The label size is also for a medium parcel whereas the actual parcel I received it in was definitely small?

Something has gone wrong here 😂😂

Reactions: 1
Earlier this week I received a brand new cashmere jumper in the post (Royal Mail), tags still attached (£150). I didn’t order it and there’s nothing to identify the sender.. What would you all do? I suppose I could message everyone I’ve ordered from on Vinted - but there’s no reason for any of them to have my address as I never pick RM as an option on Vinted as I think it’s overly complicated for the seller.

The label size is also for a medium parcel whereas the actual parcel I received it in was definitely small?

Why doesn't God let things like this happen to me? ☹

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Ordered something on 26th Nov. No sign or update. I messaged seller tonight and she said “I’ll be posting tomrorow or Tues as nearest inpost is 6 miles away and I haven’t been near it”. Now why would you still have this an option if that’s awkward to get to? I only chose it as I literally have a locker opposite my house.🫠 am tempted to cancel it

Reactions: 5

keep it and sell it 🤣My husband once received a Gucci Wallet with his name on the receipt 🤷🏼‍♀️we called it good karma after the LV card holder scam

• Heart
Reactions: 5
keep it and sell it 🤣My husband once received a Gucci Wallet with his name on the receipt 🤷🏼‍♀️we called it good karma after the LV card holder scam
My dad got brand new Giuseppe zanotti trainers delivered once. Didn’t order them. He sent them back to sender, only for them to be redelivered to his address again! So he sold them ebay 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.