Selling on Depop and Vinted #2 Nice item but package had too much tape

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What happens if a buyer doesn’t pick their item up from the post office? Does it automatically just get sent back to you or after a certain amount of time do you just get the payment?

Reactions: 1
What happens if a buyer doesn’t pick their item up from the post office? Does it automatically just get sent back to you or after a certain amount of time do you just get the payment?
RM will hold it for 18 days, but with the strikes that is longer. Vinted will likely time out the purchase by then so you will both get your money. It will then likely end up back with you in the new year.

Reactions: 3
Why would someone ask for pictures of something when there's multiple pictures at every conceivable angle? I'm sure people get a kick out of things like that knowing the have no intention to buy. Had someone the other day message me with just 'more pics of the front and back'. Ewwwww how about sling it.

Reactions: 10
Got my first ever 3 star review with the comment “item as described”, I’m livid lol. Kept up communication with the seller, was prompt with postage so I dunno what the issue is but I cba getting into it with her. It was the first designer item I’d ever sold and first item that I made more than a tenner off, and she was kind of giving me scammer vibes so I’m just happy to have the money from her without a drama lol.

Reactions: 7
I’ve come to the end of all my daughters clothes in storage and I’m really glad. Last week I forgot to put two jumpers in a bundle so had to pay £2.99 to send those out. This week someone has received their bundle but I listed some clothes as a bigger size when they were actually smaller and got my first 4* review. I’ve messaged her to see if she wants me to PayPal her the money for those items. Don’t know why she marked as all ok and didn’t message me. I know these are all my mistakes but really cba anymore 😂

Reactions: 4
I’ve got a buyer who hasn’t collected their order which is waiting for them at their Yodel collect shop of choice. Hopefully they collect it soon, otherwise I assume it’ll be returned to me.
I think the usual process is that the seller refunds the cost of the item (so not the BP or postage fees) to the buyer once they receive the item back? I could be wrong though

I am fuming. So someone decided to wait the length of Kim Jong Uns reign over North Korea to collect a parcel. She's collected it and marked everything as OK and then give me a 1* rating. Apparently my BNWT item had holes in it. Now I think you lot have the measure of me well enough to have a good idea I'm not going to list something with holes full stop never mind BNWT for the sake of £3?? Even if it was the case why not ask me about it 1st or even suspend the order and send vinted your so called proof. I'm not in the mood for people's tit today as it is so I let rip on my reply.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I just received an email from InPost saying they had held a parcel for me for 72 hours and it would now be sent back to the sender. I was never notified that it was there and the tracking still says 'out for delivery'. I ordered 4 other items on the same day (that day the labels were failing in being downloaded) and all are seemingly stuck at 'out for delivery'. I messaged all the sellers today telling them what had happened with this one and told them I'd keep them updated but that if they are not picked up, it's because they haven't been marked as delivered to me. Vinted won't let me reply to any of their responses so I assume I've reached some limit of sending messages within a certain timeframe? Bloody nightmare!

• Sad
Ffs. Sick of this rollercoaster vinted has me on. Liked an item. Got sent an offer. Blanked. Got sent another offer. Went and bought it didn't I 😂😂.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I just received an email from InPost saying they had held a parcel for me for 72 hours and it would now be sent back to the sender. I was never notified that it was there and the tracking still says 'out for delivery'. I ordered 4 other items on the same day (that day the labels were failing in being downloaded) and all are seemingly stuck at 'out for delivery'. I messaged all the sellers today telling them what had happened with this one and told them I'd keep them updated but that if they are not picked up, it's because they haven't been marked as delivered to me. Vinted won't let me reply to any of their responses so I assume I've reached some limit of sending messages within a certain timeframe? Bloody nightmare!
Inpost are a bloody nightmare. They sent one of my parcels back without telling me it had arrived, and they only gave me 24 hours to collect 😞😞

then they sent the parcel back to the seller, but lost it on the way. In the end we were both compensated, but it was annoying 😂

• Sad
Reactions: 4
This is why I am strictly Yodel lol. I won't buy off someone if Yodel postage isn't an option lol.

Ffs. Sick of this rollercoaster vinted has me on. Liked an item. Got sent an offer. Blanked. Got sent another offer. Went and bought it didn't I 😂😂.
I've just been notified that I've got one to collect today because of that same reason. BUT the Petrol Station that is my EVRI collection point doesn't do Evri drop off / collection between 4-6PM and obviously I didn't get the notification until AFTER my lunch break... so it'll have to wait until Wednesday as I work from home on Tuesdays.

Sorry if anyone here is the seller of an orange dress, that you made me buy because you kept dropping the price until I pressed buy!

• Haha
I've just been notified that I've got one to collect today because of that same reason. BUT the Petrol Station that is my EVRI collection point doesn't do Evri drop off / collection between 4-6PM and obviously I didn't get the notification until AFTER my lunch break... so it'll have to wait until Wednesday as I work from home on Tuesdays.

Sorry if anyone here is the seller of an orange dress, that you made me buy because you kept dropping the price until I pressed buy!
I dress like a teenage boy so I can safely say it wasn't me 😂😂😂

• Haha
I’ve drug myself out of my hungover pit to post these boots as the girl messaged me to ask if I could post today as she on holiday on Saturday. Went to the shop there’s no QR code 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 she bought a label so I’ve to dig out a printer and print it. Not a hope am I going back out today. Feel so bad

Has anyone ever sold something, but the funds don’t appear in your pending balance? Seems a bit odd. I’ve message Vinted CS to check it’s okay to still send the item out. I hope they respond quickly as I like to send out items ASAP

Has anyone ever sold something, but the funds don’t appear in your pending balance? Seems a bit odd. I’ve message Vinted CS to check it’s okay to still send the item out. I hope they respond quickly as I like to send out items ASAP
I've never had any appear in pending as soon as its sold. Its always sat at zero until I've confirmed I've posted it

I’ve put a brand new £20 lipstick on my depop for £12 and £2 shipping who wants to bet I get someone offering me like a fiver 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ Even though I’ve stated I’m not accepting offers

Reactions: 7
Just had a close call! Someone sent me an offer of like £5 off my asking price. Its an expensive item so thought duck it I'll accept. Luckily for me I noticed she had sent me 2 messages which were removed before I could see them and then asked me if I accept returns incase she doesn't like it. Goodbye senorita.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Just had a close call! Someone sent me an offer of like £5 off my asking price. Its an expensive item so thought duck it I'll accept. Luckily for me I noticed she had sent me 2 messages which were removed before I could see them and then asked me if I accept returns incase she doesn't like it. Goodbye senorita.
You need to run a master class on how to deal with the Vinted parasites, I love how sassy you are its ace :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.