Selling on Depop and Vinted #15

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
made £70 off 3 items in 3 days! haven’t sold anything in M O N T H S. as soon as the notification came through i thought “must tell the thread” 🤣😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I have a couple of prom dresses and a bridesmaid dress that I've been storing for a while. Is it worth the dry cleaning bill to try and sell them or should I just take them to the charity shop?
I was going to sell my daughters prom dress but when I looked at others they seem to all be going for £5, so I didn’t bother!

Reactions: 2
I‘ve just had six coats belonging to me and the other half dry cleaned to sell them. I can’t decide whether to wait a couple of months or get them up now. It’s 28 degrees so I’m not sure who’s going to be looking for winter coats but it would be nice to have the wardrobe space back.

Reactions: 1
I‘ve just had six coats belonging to me and the other half dry cleaned to sell them. I can’t decide whether to wait a couple of months or get them up now. It’s 28 degrees so I’m not sure who’s going to be looking for winter coats but it would be nice to have the wardrobe space back.
I’m focusing just on my summer/spring wear atm. People are defo looking for their holliday / summer wardrobes. Won’t hurt to list your coats but I think you’ll have more success if you wait until September time. That’s what I plan on doing :)

I’m focusing just on my summer/spring wear atm. People are defo looking for their holliday / summer wardrobes. Won’t hurt to list your coats but I think you’ll have more success if you wait until September time. That’s what I plan on doing :)
Yeah, I think you’re right. I’ll stash them then list in a couple of months.

Ordered something listed as XXL and its arrived and is an XL...
unsure whether to raise an issue over a £5 skirt but it is a big difference and wouldn't have bought otherwise! I've never raised an issue before

Ordered something listed as XXL and its arrived and is an XL...
unsure whether to raise an issue over a £5 skirt but it is a big difference and wouldn't have bought otherwise! I've never raised an issue before
Will you be able to sell it on? Personally I’d message the seller and raise it and see what she says but ultimately you’ll likely have to send it back at your cost so would be better off just listing it yourself…

• Heart
Will you be able to sell it on? Personally I’d message the seller and raise it and see what she says but ultimately you’ll likely have to send it back at your cost so would be better off just listing it yourself…
hmm yeah I probably could thanks! Might message her tomorrow but i'm defo letting it autocomplete to be petty lol

Listing some of my others halfs clothes and find a hole in an All Saint top. Genuinely have no idea if it's supposed to be there or not 😂 I know they have a "worn" sort of aesthetic so don't want to make myself look silly by pointing it out as a potential flaw in the condition 😭

View attachment 3016008
It looks to me like one of those random annoying holes that appear out of nowhere. I always blame the washing machine. Are there other holes in the garment that make you think it could be an intentional hole? I wouldn’t wear intentionally holey clothes because I’m not cool enough so I’m not much help!

I would just message the seller and say it said XXL in the listing. Did they not show a photo of the label?

I messaged a seller about some damage that she didn’t describe and she just refunded me straightaway and didn’t want the item back.

• Heart
It looks to me like one of those random annoying holes that appear out of nowhere. I always blame the washing machine. Are there other holes in the garment that make you think it could be an intentional hole? I wouldn’t wear intentionally holey clothes because I’m not cool enough so I’m not much help!
I’d agree with this and add that in my experience All Saints clothes in particular are terrible for getting random holes in!

I read that random holes can be caused by zips on other items in the wash so it’s always best to do them up when washing.

Anyone having luck clearing their notifications on vinted?It’s driving me nuts!!!
If I pull it down as to refresh and stay on the page for a short time it does seem to clear.

The searches are all our though, especially if you add a filter on!