Selling on Depop and Vinted #15

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone’s just offered me £9 for a dress that cost me £45. It’s brand new with tags, never worn. I put it on for £15.

Get to duck. I laughed and declined, first time I’ve had what I would deem a silly offer. Another day, another cheeky fucker in vinted 😂

Reactions: 7
Anyone else’s ’recommended for you’ gone mad? Mine is half normal then half kids clothes and toys. The whole point is to show you stuff you might like…I’ve never once searched for or clicked on kids stuff. This is one way to get me over my unhealthy vinted addiction I guess!

Reactions: 4
Anyone else’s ’recommended for you’ gone mad? Mine is half normal then half kids clothes and toys. The whole point is to show you stuff you might like…I’ve never once searched for or clicked on kids stuff. This is one way to get me over my unhealthy vinted addiction I guess!
Mine was almost scarily good for a while but has gone nuts recently 🤣

Reactions: 1
Ohhh really? I take pics outside 🙈 Mainly because the lighting indoors is terrible and most of my clothes are dark/black and I can’t stand how it looks faded/grey in photos. I’d be interested if this is really off putting for others too.
i also take pictures outside for that reason too, it hasn't put anyone off buying anything yet

I think they've changed the algorithm or something. All my saved searches usually have about 3 new uploads every few days and last week they were all at 99+ 😅

My suggestions is always a size too small and nothing seems to change it very annoying lol

Reactions: 2
With Vinted - if you get just one less than 5 star review then go on to have all 5 star reviews do you ever get your overall 5 star status back???

With Vinted - if you get just one less than 5 star review then go on to have all 5 star reviews do you ever get your overall 5 star status back???
I don't think so. Mine are all 5* bar one 1* for the lady who received her parcel, claimed not to, but never clicked there was a problem so vinted wouldnt help her.

Screenshot_20240620_100253_Vinted.jpg

• Wow
I think as long as your stars all show as full not half stars you’re good, I don’t really check the numbers. I’m surprised at my streak actually, got a handful of one two and three stars (IT’S SLAG PROBLEMS NOT ME PROBLEMS, know you tarts believe me ;)

Attachments

Reactions: 3
So the seller has agreed to pay for the return 🙈

But it's still going to have cost me £4 for nothing if I do return. AND I can't leave a review, now thinking I should keep the order so I can leave the crap review

I think at this point I need to come off vinted 😆😆

So the seller has agreed to pay for the return 🙈

But it's still going to have cost me £4 for nothing if I do return. AND I can't leave a review, now thinking I should keep the order so I can leave the crap review

I think at this point I need to come off vinted 😆😆
It won't cost you anything, you will get postage and buyer fee refunded too.
---
I think they've changed the algorithm or something. All my saved searches usually have about 3 new uploads every few days and last week they were all at 99+ 😅

My suggestions is always a size too small and nothing seems to change it very annoying lol
They've definitely done something. I've been searching for specific band t-shirts - all good until I filter by size, then it just seems to chuck up a load of stuff that seems to be veeeeeery tenuously related and no band t-shirts, even though I saw some in the right size before I filtered. 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 4
---

I've had a message from vinted to say return it and my refund with be £xx.xx which is what I paid less all fees
---

They've definitely done something. I've been searching for specific band t-shirts - all good until I filter by size, then it just seems to chuck up a load of stuff that seems to be veeeeeery tenuously related and no band t-shirts, even though I saw some in the right size before I filtered. 🤷‍♀️
I've had a message from vinted to say return it and my refund with be £xx.xx which is what I paid less all fees

Mine has - messed up and sent the item to the wrong person so then couldn’t send it to the buyer. Was new to Vinted and didn’t know what to do.

Attachments

Put a really nice shirt I’ve only worn once on this morning for £21. Within minutes I get this:

Pack it in you scruffy slags!

IMG_1998.jpeg

• Angry
Are you not returning all items then? As Vinted says this! I thought if it was a bundle, you had to return all of it! That must be new!

The refund is made up of:

• The price of any returned items
  • The Buyer Protection fee for any returned items
  • The initial shipping fee you paid to get the order
The refunded Buyer Protection fee is calculated based on the items that you keep, and we’ll refund you the difference.

Also, any offers, discounts, and vouchers used during purchase are subtracted from your refund. The amount subtracted is proportional to the price of any refunded items.

Yeah I think a return has to be all items doesn't it? that's strange! Defo not what they've said to me, although doesn't surprise me 😆 they never seem to know what's going on no matter the situation

Yeah I think a return has to be all items doesn't it? that's strange! Defo not what they've said to me, although doesn't surprise me 😆 they never seem to know what's going on no matter the situation
They’ve just changed it - I needed to return part of a bundle recently (seller just refunded it) which is a v sensible shout

I listed a pair of shorts which fit my size 12 self fine and advertised as Large as they’re from Shein where a Medium can often be quite small . Buyer hasn’t even tried them on but has got a strop on because they say medium in the label ? Now demanding a return . I also had a pair of trousers go to store I didn’t have time to pick up same day and had the seller reminding me they were there .

I listed a pair of shorts which fit my size 12 self fine and advertised as Large as they’re from Shein where a Medium can often be quite small . Buyer hasn’t even tried them on but has got a strop on because they say medium in the label ? Now demanding a return . I also had a pair of trousers go to store I didn’t have time to pick up same day and had the seller reminding me they were there .
I would always list as the label size and then use the description to say fits more like x or y.

I also wouldnt be happy if I was a large and I received a medium. I know what size I am in brands so know whether to size up/down or not.

Reactions: 6
Did you not show a photo of the label? I always state the sizing in the description too if it’s different to the label eg “M but fits like a 14”