Selling on Depop and Vinted #15

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
eBay woes! I’ve had a couple of people buy something and then send a cancellation request, which is very annoying. But tonight someone accepted an offer I sent out, one minute later cancellation request and then another minute later a message “Hi, I’ve asked to cancel I’ve got one up for sale and don’t need another one? Sorry” - huh??? What the actual hell? Why would you click to buy it if you didn’t need it and have the same one for sale? 🫠🥴😵😠
I sell on ebay and if you've ever looked at an item( not even put it on watch list) it lets the seller send you an offer so if youve looked at items to gauge a price to put yours you'll then get offers for the same thing you are selling.
Ive then heard stories like this situation where people have accepted because they thought it was somebody making an offer on the item they had listed (prob similarly worded title)

Reactions: 1
I put my Vinted sale money in a savings account. The balance is currently £1994. For the love of god can somebody please buy £6 worth of my tat so I can hit the £2k target before the end of June!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Ended up putting it on eBay and not waiting for the lower fee. Two people messaged one for a phone number and one for an email I think this is people tryna scam?

Ended up putting it on eBay and not waiting for the lower fee. Two people messaged one for a phone number and one for an email I think this is people tryna scam?
Definitely sounds like a scam! Are you selling something which is high value? You shouldn’t share any of your personal contact details and only conduct the sale through eBay.

Can you report them to eBay? I think you can also block specific users in your account settings (it’s been a while since I’ve had to block someone so they might’ve changed how you do it).

Reactions: 2
Definitely sounds like a scam! Are you selling something which is high value? You shouldn’t share any of your personal contact details and only conduct the sale through eBay.

Can you report them to eBay? I think you can also block specific users in your account settings (it’s been a while since I’ve had to block someone so they might’ve changed how you do it).
Yeah a car I'll probably just ignore them thanks

SS bought something yesterday and wake up to this message
I bought something for a friend as the app was blocking her from buying while she was on holiday. She only said after I bought it that it was for a particular event and could I message to ask them to post ASAP!!

I said absolutely not that's SS behaviour. I did then have to explain about SSs and TTs but she understood her error at the end 🤣

Hopefully I have converted a SS to a TT

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I bought something for a friend as the app was blocking her from buying while she was on holiday. She only said after I bought it that it was for a particular event and could I message to ask them to post ASAP!!

I said absolutely not that's SS behaviour. I did then have to explain about SSs and TTs but she understood her error at the end 🤣

Hopefully I have converted a SS to a TT
I wouldn’t have minded so much if there’d been a please or thank you in there!

Reactions: 7
I have a couple of prom dresses and a bridesmaid dress that I've been storing for a while. Is it worth the dry cleaning bill to try and sell them or should I just take them to the charity shop?

Listing some of my others halfs clothes and find a hole in an All Saint top. Genuinely have no idea if it's supposed to be there or not 😂 I know they have a "worn" sort of aesthetic so don't want to make myself look silly by pointing it out as a potential flaw in the condition 😭

IMG20240625123422.jpg

• Haha
I have a couple of prom dresses and a bridesmaid dress that I've been storing for a while. Is it worth the dry cleaning bill to try and sell them or should I just take them to the charity shop?
I think there are dedicated charities for prom dresses, maybe there could be one in your area for you to consider?

I think there are dedicated charities for prom dresses, maybe there could be one in your area for you to consider?

We have a charity shop that has a dedicated wedding and prom dress section so would drop them there if I do donate them. That charity sounds great though, fantastic idea.

There’s a new button for sellers! When it tells you it’s time to ship it’s says extend shipping deadline. Haven’t pressed it but I wonder what it says after!