Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Peepynose

I’ve been searching for a wedding guest outfit on Vinted, ordered a dress and it doesn’t fit so went back on Vinted searching today. Saw a nice dress, asked if it was true to size and exchanged a few messages. Gone back on tonight to have a look and it’s disappeared from my favourites and the messages aren’t in my inbox! Have I been blocked?

MaggieR

Re eBay- does anyone know if there’s any pattern to variable fees discounts? I have a lot of none clothing items to sell and managed to take advantage last weekend with some more expensive items as the audience for them is better than Vinted. Those fees can sting!

neverbeeninfluenced

Chatty Member
What category was the item in? Did you select to promote it (even if by accident?). Never had an ad fee bar when I've chosen to promote an item..
It was a craft item. I haven’t sold on eBay for over a year but thought I was quite proficient on it and don’t select silly add on to promote my item etc

daisy2809

VIP Member
Those accounts usually have Royal Mail as the only postage option which is how they try to scam people.

Royal Mail doesn’t have integrated tracking on Vinted, unlike Evri, Yodel, etc so the sale will automatically update to being delivered after 25-30 days (I can’t remember exactly). They will send a fake label to make you think it’s been posted. The scammers then hope you’ll forget to raise an issue within 48 hours, so the funds will be released and once that happens, you can’t get your money back.

This happened to me before, but Vinted blocked their account and refunded me without needing to wait to raise an issue. There’s SO many of these fake accounts, they really need to crack down on them.
interesting, thank you for the insight! yeah, i always report the items/accounts but it comes back saying there's no issue which is frustrating

soph30

VIP Member
£8 item. Someone offers £6 but ‘will you reserve until Tuesday or Wednesday as only then I can get to the bank”. I said okay as didn’t think it would be that popular. Someone else just offered £6. I think to be honest the first one sounds a time waster, should you really be spending your last £6 on Vinted? Do you guys think I should honour the bank buyer and wait it out or just sell it to second buyer :)

griftalo

VIP Member
On the day I sold something, I bought two items; each different sellers. My item posted same day, delivered two days ago and good feedback left. I still have nothing!

Algeronwashere

VIP Member
Bought something and chose inpost locker pick up. Seller messaged saying sorry for the delay but her shop was having issues with the machine printing the label. Inpost lockers done require a label tho? Or is there another way of using inpost lockers that does require a label?

daisy2809

VIP Member
sorry guys me again. anyone ever had an issue with the buy button not showing up for any of their listings on Vinted?

Hamandmushroom

Hey guys, I'm new to selling on vinted - made my first £3.50 this week🤪🥳 However, my other items are either getting very little views or just favourited. I've learnt from this thread to not message people who have favourited as it's annoying 😂 Do you recommend adding hashtags to get a higher reach - does it work??

_Laura

Chatty Member
Have a weird one…I’ve received a parcel from Evri, wrong name on label but it’s my address there were two blazers in it (not good quality and smell musty)- I wasn’t expecting anything so someone hasn’t sent me the wrong item, it’s a ball ache dealing with Evri when you have an order but I don't, so not sure how I start with trying to reunite it beyond wasting a lot of my time 🙄 emailing or calling?!? Anyone else experienced this?
I'm wondering whether it's someone local who put the wrong address in maybe? Is there a Facebook community group you could message to ask if anyone knows the person the parcel is addressed to?

hol20x

VIP Member
Has anyone ever sold anything electrical on Vinted? I have a spare set of games controllers, never opened, I wanted to sell them but I'm scared of someone claiming they don't work or something!

Rosey Posey

Help needed, how do I cancel an item without it affecting my feed back. I’ve an item but now can’t find it anywhere.