Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I have just downloaded Vinted - I used to sell on eBay 20 years ago when you got decent sales with zero hassle. Is it really as bad as it sounds 😩

Curly Top

VIP Member
Have a weird one…I’ve received a parcel from Evri, wrong name on label but it’s my address there were two blazers in it (not good quality and smell musty)- I wasn’t expecting anything so someone hasn’t sent me the wrong item, it’s a ball ache dealing with Evri when you have an order but I don't, so not sure how I start with trying to reunite it beyond wasting a lot of my time 🙄 emailing or calling?!? Anyone else experienced this?
Totally bizarre!
Aside from contacting Evri I’m not sure what else you can do. It will be a tough gig to sort out that mix-up!

Curly Top

VIP Member
I have had lots of offers, which I've accepted, and then they've ghosted me. I've had several people ask for photos of me in the item as well. When I have obliged with a photo I get radio silence, not even an acknowledgement. These things have happened all at once and never before. What is going on?
To make matters worse I've had to move all my Vinted clothing out of my daughter's bedroom as it is being decorated. So finding items is going to be a struggle. I definitely don't want to search for a dress, put it, take photos and post them, all for nothing.
It's a shame as this kind of behaviour will just put buyers off and all our clothes will go into landfill.

Effeffess

Chatty Member
I have identified 40 items to list, they are all spring/summer clothes so I can't really procrastinate much longer but I can't be arsed. Anyone want to be my unpaid intern for a day? I'll write you a glowing reference!

Jellycat369

Chatty Member
Gradually sorting out stuff to sell but I'm not sure where would be best to try and flog it lol! I've got some of my own clothes that there is no way I'd ever fit in again together with some brand new shoes that I forgot to return. Then I have a whole bunch of baby clothes. My intention was to sell them as bundles, so for example a newborn bundle that has ten vests and sleepsuits, and then list some "nicer" bits individually. Should I just whack it all on Vinted? I wonder with the bundles if I'd be better selling them on Marketplace. With the bundles, would I be better to bundle them up by type, so vests together, sleepsuits together, or by size?

griftalo

VIP Member
Has anyone had a parcel go to evri and then never be marked as delivered? It just stays in limbo? I returned stuff (nearly £200!) to H&M at the beginning of April and the parcel is still static. I’ve sorted getting a refund now (it’s just been done - phew) but I just wondered how often this happens? I’ve generally returned most things via Royal Mail, and they have always arrived. It’s put me off evri

waffleberry

Anyone with experience selling large baby items on Vinted? Not having any luck on FB Marketplace, which I used in the hope that the items sell quickly and can just be collected by the buyer. I have a baby bath support, bouncer chair, moses basket and next-to-me crib that all need going. My worry with selling on them on Vinted is having to pack and post the buggers... I only use Yodel and DPD 😕

Algeronwashere

VIP Member
I’m definitely concerned that once vinted and hmrc have my details they’ll want more information such as receipts which I obviously don’t have. I’m intrigued as to how the investigations are all going to work out.

sorry to be annoying - i bought a skirt from vinted that was listed as a UK 6 but turned out to be a US 6 (UK 10), its an american brand but the sellers other items were all xs/6 and they didn't say anything about the fit. normally i don't do anything if something doesn't fit right as it's not their fault but in this case it's a completely different size... it was only £4 though so is there honestly any point in doing anything about it other than just reselling it? and do i even bother with a slightly lower review?

yellowhello

I’ve sold an item and the buyer is saying they can’t collect from the in post locker as something is wrong with its screen and there’s one day left to collect. They’re asking me what they should do but I have no idea?

Latala

Chatty Member
Just a bit of advice needed, I’ve picked my parcel up from the locker today, handbag, the listing said very good condition & it is but on the back of the bag is another pocket (not shown in photos) and the fabric round the magnet clasp is ripped 😒 (also crumbs in there but I can get them out) I haven’t marked as received yet as I don’t know if I need to just message the sender first or not?! What’s good etiquette for this? X

idk21

Chatty Member
Eek. Need some reassurance / guidance please, if possible. Question: How long does it typically take for Evri to update tracking after picking up from an InPost locker? :confused:

Some context, if helpful (will use points to keep it brief):
  • Parcel sent to buyer on Saturday. Courier: Evri. Method: InPost locker (first time I've used one since last year for Evri parcels and now I remember why I stopped).
  • Current situation: InPost tracking suggests the parcel has been picked up, landed at their warehouse, and is now with Evri; Evri tracking shows it's still at the locker. (Fml)
I know it should be fine eventually but this is so unnerving, moreso as it's a £20 item. Has anyone had any recent experiences and could give any ideas around timeframes please?

Steptoe

If they let me go to an automatic review I let them go to an automatic review. I don’t think you can mark her down for not giving you a review when all other aspects of the sale were perfectly ok
I don’t think I explained myself very well, I would be marking her down for not saying ‘everything is ok’ and therefore making me wait days for my money to be released