Selling on Depop and Vinted #14 good condition...for putting in the bin maybe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You could well be right there!! 🤖

I replied and repeated what I’d said already and they’ve now marked it as delivered, thankfully! Now to wait for the buyer to mark it as everything is ok.
Quoting myself but can you believe the SS hasn't even bothered her backside to tap 'Everything is ok' despite being online since?! 😠 that's nice, after I sent it the same day as she bought it because she messaged asking if I could post asap for an event if possible, and she quietly received it without a word... she was maybe hoping for a freebie eventually because the tracking was out of whack. These slags, honestly!

Nothing quite like buying a “new with tags” swimsuit that has the hygiene seal removed from the gusset and white stuff smeared 🤢 why are people so disgusting

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I bought something yesterday after 'loving' it and being sent a message saying the seller would send today if bought, they haven't sent, I've messaged to ask when it'll be sent as I only bought because of the message (it's time sensitive) and they said 'sorry'...that doesn't answer my question?

I feel like being a SS myself now and not picking it up from the drop off when they do eventually send it.

Reactions: 2
What is it with the people in evri shops being arseholes 🤦🏼‍♀️

Shop nearest to me which is a 10 min walk - label machine isn’t working no parcels - ok but i already printed a label - NO PARCELS - yes but it has a label - WE TOLD MAN NOT TO COLLECT PARCELS AS MACHINE IS BROKE

I get the bus into town to my next nearest shop and go to the till - LADY GO PRINT YOUR LABEL - there is a label attached already - WAIT THEN - ok - MACHINE IS LOADING LADY GIVE ME TIME - ok - LADY MOVE SO I CAN SERVE THAT MAN & WAIT YOUR TURN

shop was empty when i arrived so i told her to do one 🤬

So now i’ve got to find yet another bloody shop

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
What is it with the people in evri shops being arseholes 🤦🏼‍♀️

Shop nearest to me which is a 10 min walk - label machine isn’t working no parcels - ok but i already printed a label - NO PARCELS - yes but it has a label - WE TOLD MAN NOT TO COLLECT PARCELS AS MACHINE IS BROKE

I get the bus into town to my next nearest shop and go to the till - LADY GO PRINT YOUR LABEL - there is a label attached already - WAIT THEN - ok - MACHINE IS LOADING LADY GIVE ME TIME - ok - LADY MOVE SO I CAN SERVE THAT MAN & WAIT YOUR TURN

shop was empty when i arrived so i told her to do one 🤬

So now i’ve got to find yet another bloody shop
Apparently you can put Evri parcels in Inpost lockers if you print the labels (the QR codes don’t work). Might be worth trying!

Reactions: 3
Apparently you can put Evri parcels in Inpost lockers if you print the labels (the QR codes don’t work). Might be worth trying!
I’ve no inpost lockers near me.

I swallowed my rage/pride and went back to the shop in town and they now finally been sent.

Royal mail is a pain in the arse but i think i’m going to switch it back on cos at least they will bring me a label & collect it

I’ve no inpost lockers near me.

I swallowed my rage/pride and went back to the shop in town and they now finally been sent.

Royal mail is a pain in the arse but i think i’m going to switch it back on cos at least they will bring me a label & collect it
Ahh that’s so frustrating! Glad you got it sent in the end but how annoying 😣

I honestly don’t know why those shops accept parcels if they hate it so much, they must benefit from the contract with Evri right? Or do they just rely on you buying something else whilst you’re dropping off/collecting stuff?

Reactions: 5
Ahh that’s so frustrating! Glad you got it sent in the end but how annoying 😣

I honestly don’t know why those shops accept parcels if they hate it so much, they must benefit from the contract with Evri right? Or do they just rely on you buying something else whilst you’re dropping off/collecting stuff?
I asked one of my shops once and they said they get paid 11p per parcel drop off but nothing for collections, not sure how true that is. I'm very lucky and all my evri shops are amazing, post offices are crap though 😆

My local Post Office has recently started taking Evri parcels (through the actual Post Office till, not the shop) - I don't know if this is nationwide and would make it easier for some of you? I do always try to get to the corner shop to do it instead as the couple that run it are lovely and they have loads of room for parcels. I think this must be the exception though, I've turned off Yodel because my nearest one are so grumpy!

Reactions: 5
My local Evri is a corner shop and I’ve just thought I never buy anything, just drop the parcel and leave. Is that bad etiquette? Should I be buying something small at less while I’m there?!

Reactions: 1
I hate the post office, avoid going there as much as I can. Anything takes bloody ages, one person in front of me in the queue and it still takes at least 10 mins 🤣
---
My local Evri is a corner shop and I’ve just thought I never buy anything, just drop the parcel and leave. Is that bad etiquette? Should I be buying something small at less while I’m there?!
I wouldn't, they get paid for the parcels and it's their choice to be a parcel shop or not. To me it would completely miss a point of vinted if I have to spend money every time I send a parcel 😅

Reactions: 9
The last time I sold something on ebay, I had to waste 20 mins in a queue at the Post Office while someone in front of me booked a holiday.

A HOLIDAY.

At the Post Office.

In 2023.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Apart from the whole horizon scandal I really feel sorry for Post Offices. I worked in one nearly 30 years ago - eek and loved it. Just thinking about the things I used to do each day
- send parcels, now losing out to couriers and even Royal Mail are allowing you to bypass the post office service
- car tax, now online
- benefits / pensions - paid to an account no need for post office just preference
- passport checks
- issue E11
So basically the post office now sells individual stamps and had become a banking hub as a banks are now closing. It’s such a shame and can’t see how they are viable businesses nowadays

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Apart from the whole horizon scandal I really feel sorry for Post Offices. I worked in one nearly 30 years ago - eek and loved it. Just thinking about the things I used to do each day
- send parcels, now losing out to couriers and even Royal Mail are allowing you to bypass the post office service
- car tax, now online
- benefits / pensions - paid to an account no need for post office just preference
- passport checks
- issue E11
So basically the post office now sells individual stamps and had become a banking hub as a banks are now closing. It’s such a shame and can’t see how they are viable businesses nowadays
I guess that's how progress works- it's just not needed anymore. Though I to update my driving licence I need to go and pick up a form from the post office as it can't be done online 🙃

Reactions: 2
I hate the post office, avoid going there as much as I can. Anything takes bloody ages, one person in front of me in the queue and it still takes at least 10 mins 🤣
---

I wouldn't, they get paid for the parcels and it's their choice to be a parcel shop or not. To me it would completely miss a point of vinted if I have to spend money every time I send a parcel 😅
My local place says he only gets 15p a parcel when he said to me one day you don’t buy anything. I just said okay and still didn’t buy anything 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 10
My local place says he only gets 15p a parcel when he said to me one day you don’t buy anything. I just said okay and still didn’t buy anything 🙈
Yeah I guess they do hope it will bring more business but I'm not gonna buy things I don't need for the sake of it. I do take a bit of pleasure of going to scotmid to send yodel parcels as scotmid are a major rip off (I definitely don't buy anything 🤣)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.