Selling on Depop and Vinted #14 good condition...for putting in the bin maybe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else having app glitches? Orders has gone back to the old view (can’t filter them)
My orders never changed so I still don’t have the new filters, even though I’ve updated the app - it pains me having bought and sold items all in one long jumbled list 😭

Reactions: 2
Here is an unusual situation send to buyer, they redirected via the post office and now saying still no received ! Do i raise an issue with vinted, i posted to her home address address ?? Thanks fir yoyr advise , i just want my money!

For folk who are moving over to eBay, what kind of selling format, prices etc do you usually set?

I’ve seen folk saying they are having good success recently. I have sold a lot on eBay in the past but it would always hurt my heart when I’d auction something starting low (say £0.99) to get the most traction then it would only ever sell for 99p 😭. What do you find is the best selling format? Auction starting low, just doing a buy now, combination of the both? Starting an auction low (which they say is best to do to gain interest) but knowing if it will sell for just 99p when really it’s worth so much more. I know the reserve price is a thing but again with a fee, and not know if the item will sell so it’s a fee waisted… What do people recommend doing?

Reactions: 1
For folk who are moving over to eBay, what kind of selling format, prices etc do you usually set?

I’ve seen folk saying they are having good success recently. I have sold a lot on eBay in the past but it would always hurt my heart when I’d auction something starting low (say £0.99) to get the most traction then it would only ever sell for 99p 😭. What do you find is the best selling format? Auction starting low, just doing a buy now, combination of the both? Starting an auction low (which they say is best to do to gain interest) but knowing if it will sell for just 99p when really it’s worth so much more. I know the reserve price is a thing but again with a fee, and not know if the item will sell so it’s a fee waisted… What do people recommend doing?
If you not selling clothes (accessories don’t count) wait for a 70-80% off fees weekend.

I only do buy it now with offers. Always send buyer offers (10-15% off). I also tend to cover the postage so it displays as free.

Reactions: 3
My local Evri is a corner shop and I’ve just thought I never buy anything, just drop the parcel and leave. Is that bad etiquette? Should I be buying something small at less while I’m there?!
Mines an off licence would be 🥴 if I bought something everytime I went 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Never do a 99p starting auction. I used to do them all the time 15 years ago and would make really good money most the time but nowadays it never happens and you’ll probably just get 99p or if you get a bidding war - £1.04 😂.

Just pick a price you’re happy with and put it on as a buy it now. Or add some extra on (like 25%) on and do a buy it now with best offer.

My local Evri is a corner shop and I’ve just thought I never buy anything, just drop the parcel and leave. Is that bad etiquette? Should I be buying something small at less while I’m there?!
My local evri is a corner shop and I don’t buy something every time but it’s down the road from where I take my little boy swimming so I sometimes tie it in with that and buy us a snack or I buy milk from there. So not every time but when it’s needed I do! Although I don’t think it’s necessary as they do get paid to be a parcel drop point!

Never do a 99p starting auction. I used to do them all the time 15 years ago and would make really good money most the time but nowadays it never happens and you’ll probably just get 99p or if you get a bidding war - £1.04 😂.

Just pick a price you’re happy with and put it on as a buy it now. Or add some extra on (like 25%) on and do a buy it now with best offer.
yea I think back in the day you used to pay fees to add items at higher starting price so everyone used to start everything at 99p but now I just start the bid price as the lowest I’d be happy to sell it for.

My local Post Office has recently started taking Evri parcels (through the actual Post Office till, not the shop) - I don't know if this is nationwide and would make it easier for some of you? I do always try to get to the corner shop to do it instead as the couple that run it are lovely and they have loads of room for parcels. I think this must be the exception though, I've turned off Yodel because my nearest one are so grumpy!
My post office does. Before that I was Royal Mail only after nightmares trying to find anywhere with lockers that weren’t full and broken to boot. So I’ve switched evri on. My post office is a local hilarity though. Everyone hates it and slates it, but it’s near and I don’t drive so I put up with it. I don’t care if my options affect sales as I cba walking a distance to find it isn’t any good anyway.

Someone has bought a bag from me that I've had listed for about a year and now I can't find it. 🤣🙈

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I accepted an offer last night and they bought it. I was about to post it on my way to work and they’ve cancelled it.

I’m hoping they get negative feedback but apparently if it’s their first cancellation they don’t but it does advise to notify the seller first which they didn’t 😡
I had someone cancel after purchasing and they never got negative. I was watching for it because I'm that level of petty.

I had someone cancel after purchasing and they never got negative. I was watching for it because I'm that level of petty.
i have had to cancel something and chose ‘agreed with buyer/seller’ or whatever the option was and didn’t get auto negative feedback…

My vinted is soooooo slow atm, I’ve a big box of my own clothes in my bedroom and it’s doing my head in, close to just taking them to the charity shop or a clothing bank soon if they don’t start shifting in the next few weeks. Last sale was over 2 weeks ago for a top and only sold like 2 items last month for nothing basically 🤦‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Sent a Yodel parcel a week ago that says it hasn't been picked up from the shop but the other one i dropped of at the same time has

Also waiting for an evri parcel to be delivered to me that was 'rescheduled due to not being able to attempt delivery' days ago

in conclusion : 🤡

I don't know what to do cos if I cancel it'll ruin my 5* reviews!
Same I already got demoted to 4.9 I don't wanna go any lower but I've searched high and low for this bloody top.
Worst thing is I see it all the damn time.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.