Selling on Depop and Vinted #14 good condition...for putting in the bin maybe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a dress on for £2 - and someone has sent me 4 messages about it so far,

'is it true to size' - I said yes, it was to me.
'are there any marks on it' - no marks on it, it was worn one time and has been washed since.
'is there anything i should know about the dress' - no its sold as seen, nothing wrong with it
'why are you selling it so cheap if there is nothing wrong with it' - Because I'm doing a clear out of old clothes

like bleeping hell, I get it, nobody wants to buy something that is in bad condition etc but its £2!!

• Haha
Reactions: 19

'are there any marks on it' - no marks on it, it was worn one time and has been washed since.
'is there anything i should know about the dress' - no its sold as seen, nothing wrong with it
'why are you selling it so cheap if there is nothing wrong with it' - Because I'm doing a clear out of old clothes

like bleeping hell, I get it, nobody wants to buy something that is in bad condition etc but its £2!!
Blockity block!

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Quietly increase the price to a tenner.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I had a pair of Nike leggings for £6 on Vinted for over a year. Listed them on eBay last week on auction and they’ve sold for £12 plus postage.. 😮

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Argh the item I knew I'd had issues with has cleared the sale but is now moaning she thought they'd be more with it and moaning about the price . I sent exactly what I advertised and why moan about the price after buying it wouldn't mind but I knocked a tenner off my asking price. I knew she'd be a problem but she's paid so I will go cry into the money I've made off it.

Reactions: 4
I listed a BNIB pair of kids Nike trainers for £17 and within the hour i had offers for £11 🤦🏼‍♀️

duck off

• Angry
Reactions: 5
I always add a few quid onto the price I want on vinted as I expect offers. That was I still.get the price I want and buyer thimks theyve knocked me down a bit

I listed a BNIB pair of kids Nike trainers for £17 and within the hour i had offers for £11 🤦🏼‍♀️

duck off
I've had loads of SS offers lately. Wouldn't mind so much but I state in my listing's I won't accept stupid offers or 40% off.

Reactions: 1
I have been such a silly seller, agreeing to reserve an item despite the advice here… two days later ‘sorry babe not going to buy now xxxxx’ 🤬🤬

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I accepted an offer last night and they bought it. I was about to post it on my way to work and they’ve cancelled it.

I’m hoping they get negative feedback but apparently if it’s their first cancellation they don’t but it does advise to notify the seller first which they didn’t 😡

• Angry
  • Sad
I sent a parcel a fortnight ago and in Vinted it's saying 'Delivery is taking longer than expected'. But when I checked the tracking on Yodel's website, I see it was delivered... over a week ago!!!!

I messaged the buyer to check in and she says she's received it and thanked me... but she hasn't confirmed that she's received it on Vinted, so my money is still on hold 😠🥴😭 how inconsiderate to receive it and not say anything or mark it as received. She's not a new Vinted user so I'm sure she knows the story with money not being released until confirmation etc. I had even sent it the same day as she bought it as she'd asked if I could send it ASAP. I've asked her if she can mark it as received and no response.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I sent a parcel a fortnight ago and in Vinted it's saying 'Delivery is taking longer than expected'. But when I checked the tracking on Yodel's website, I see it was delivered... over a week ago!!!!

I messaged the buyer to check in and she says she's received it and thanked me... but she hasn't confirmed that she's received it on Vinted, so my money is still on hold 😠🥴😭 how inconsiderate to receive it and not say anything or mark it as received. She's not a new Vinted user so I'm sure she knows the story with money not being released until confirmation etc. I had even sent it the same day as she bought it as she'd asked if I could send it ASAP. I've asked her if she can mark it as received and no response.
contact vinted with screenshots of her saying she got it! they will mark it as received then it will go to the 2 days wait before auto completing

I posted a parcel out next day for someone, she received it yesterday but hasn’t marked it as received and everything’s ok! I always press it as soon as I get something! Is this the norm??!

• Sad
contact vinted with screenshots of her saying she got it! they will mark it as received then it will go to the 2 days wait before auto completing
I've just done this so hopefully they get back soon! I need that £20 😅

I posted a parcel out next day for someone, she received it yesterday but hasn’t marked it as received and everything’s ok! I always press it as soon as I get something! Is this the norm??!
Ugh I hate this! I always make sure to press it as soon as I've opened it. I find a lot of people just don't bother at all and I have to wait the two days. It's bad Vinted etiquette!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Reserved something for someone and knocked a little bit off the asking price. Came back ready to buy but asking for more off. Told her absolutely tf not. WHY??? Don't try appeal to my nice nature cause frankly I'm not nice.

Reactions: 11
Vinted CS really are thick. I sent them a screenshot of the buyer saying they received it and said the tracking on Yodel’s website shows it as delivered, it just hadn’t updated on Vinted. They got back saying they checked the tracking they can confirm that it is still in transit 🫠🫠 in spite of the buyer saying they’ve received it!!! The stupidity is astounding.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Vinted CS really are thick. I sent them a screenshot of the buyer saying they received it and said the tracking on Yodel’s website shows it as delivered, it just hadn’t updated on Vinted. They got back saying they checked the tracking they can confirm that it is still in transit 🫠🫠 in spite of the buyer saying they’ve received it!!! The stupidity is astounding.
I’m convinced Vinted customer service is made up of one person and the rest is AI 🤖

Can you reply back to them and just repeat what you’ve said? I find they start ignoring you if you reply more than once, but it’s worth a try!

If that still doesn’t work, I think the order will automatically update to being delivered eventually. Then you can block the SS for deliberately withholding your money!

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.