Selling on Depop and Vinted #14 good condition...for putting in the bin maybe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m convinced Vinted customer service is made up of one person and the rest is AI 🤖

Can you reply back to them and just repeat what you’ve said? I find they start ignoring you if you reply more than once, but it’s worth a try!

If that still doesn’t work, I think the order will automatically update to being delivered eventually. Then you can block the SS for deliberately withholding your money!
You could well be right there!! 🤖

I replied and repeated what I’d said already and they’ve now marked it as delivered, thankfully! Now to wait for the buyer to mark it as everything is ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
How long do they have to collect from an InPost locker? It was available on the 6th and now it says it’s been returned to me because the buyer didn’t collect on time ?

How long do they have to collect from an InPost locker? It was available on the 6th and now it says it’s been returned to me because the buyer didn’t collect on time ?
Inpost locker is really short time frame-something exact like 48 hours from the time it was delivered to the locker. Yodel is 10 days in comparison

Reactions: 1
I find with Vinted they seem to act for the seller not the buyerI had 3 cardis off a seller -advertised as Very Good… arrived filthy bobbly, smelt. Contacted seller she got crappy saying they aren’t new so why was I bothered! She cudnt understand that she had put very good and not satisfactory (cuz wud never have had them) Cheeky witch. I contacted Vinted with screenshots from seller as she got nasty. I had to send bk at my expense! I got my money bk less postage - but cud not give bad feedback. This is where Vinted needs to up their game, customer service cuz it’s pants.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
I find with Vinted they seem to act for the seller not the buyerI had 3 cardis off a seller -advertised as Very Good… arrived filthy bobbly, smelt. Contacted seller she got crappy saying they aren’t new so why was I bothered! She cudnt understand that she had put very good and not satisfactory (cuz wud never have had them) Cheeky witch. I contacted Vinted with screenshots from seller as she got nasty. I had to send bk at my expense! I got my money bk less postage - but cud not give bad feedback. This is where Vinted needs to up their game, customer service cuz it’s pants.
The buyer protection charge is a rip off as they don’t even protect you.

Reactions: 11
It’s ridiculous how buyers pay a fee but end up with zero protection on Vinted. The review system is useless like you say, as you can’t leave feedback if you return an item that was not as described. I had to pay to return a prohibited item - Vinted didn’t care 🤷‍♀️

Really hope there’s a big shift back to eBay which forces Vinted to actually protect buyers from crappy sellers. In the same way Vinted’s popularity made eBay drop its fees for sellers.

Reactions: 4
I've got a bunch of Nobody's Child dresses, and Allsaints stuff (as well as some Zara new with tags) to sell. I have been an eBay seller for years, I've built up about four thousand all positive feedback, but selling stuff on there became so slow I gave up a while ago. Much to my mum's pleasure that meant she got three black bags full of a shoppaholics clothes to go through and take what she wanted, I'm considering firing the rest on vinted but the silly offers thing is probably gonna end up driving me nuts. Is there a way to reject offers below a certain percentage? I'm not unreasonable and would happily take a decent discount off things but if I start getting send £5 offers for brand new £70 dresses I'll lose the plot 😂

Reactions: 3
I've got a bunch of Nobody's Child dresses, and Allsaints stuff (as well as some Zara new with tags) to sell. I have been an eBay seller for years, I've built up about four thousand all positive feedback, but selling stuff on there became so slow I gave up a while ago. Much to my mum's pleasure that meant she got three black bags full of a shoppaholics clothes to go through and take what she wanted, I'm considering firing the rest on vinted but the silly offers thing is probably gonna end up driving me nuts. Is there a way to reject offers below a certain percentage? I'm not unreasonable and would happily take a decent discount off things but if I start getting send £5 offers for brand new £70 dresses I'll lose the plot 😂
On vinted ppl can’t offer anything less than 60% of the selling price. Does that help ease your concerns?

I wish it was like ebay where you could set no offers below x price but vinted allow people to send offers for up to 40% off. So if you list a dress at £70 you will get loads of scruffs sending offers for £42 🤬

I posted a few things this morning and immediately started getting daft offers and questions on one of them. By the time I got to my messages to start replying a TT had bought it for full price, no questions asked!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Does anyone know when exactly Vinted will automatically cancel a sale and refund the buyer their money if it's not sent, please? Is it the day after the deadline?

Bought a jacket for £60. It had only been listed for 5 days and I paid the full price rather than making an offer or trying to haggle. Seller printed the postage label the next day, and it still hasn't been posted. I dropped her a polite message after 5 days, just saying I was messaging to check in that there were no problems with postage. She read it straight away but ignored it. I've got a feeling she's just not going to post it and wait until it gets automatically cancelled.

Is this quite common with Vinted? I'm baffled that someone has sold their item for the price they wanted (from comments here, that seems to be rare as buyers seem to take the piss and try to get things for ridiculously cheap prices) and then just doesn't post it. She's got 7 positive reviews and no negative ones, so I thought it would be fine 🤦‍♀️

Does anyone know when exactly Vinted will automatically cancel a sale and refund the buyer their money if it's not sent, please? Is it the day after the deadline?

Bought a jacket for £60. It had only been listed for 5 days and I paid the full price rather than making an offer or trying to haggle. Seller printed the postage label the next day, and it still hasn't been posted. I dropped her a polite message after 5 days, just saying I was messaging to check in that there were no problems with postage. She read it straight away but ignored it. I've got a feeling she's just not going to post it and wait until it gets automatically cancelled.

Is this quite common with Vinted? I'm baffled that someone has sold their item for the price they wanted (from comments here, that seems to be rare as buyers seem to take the piss and try to get things for ridiculously cheap prices) and then just doesn't post it. She's got 7 positive reviews and no negative ones, so I thought it would be fine 🤦‍♀️
I had this before, and the sale didn't auto cancel because she'd printed the label off. Had to contact vinted a bunch of times to get them to refund me. Pain in the arse. SS then messaged me a few days later saying 'sorry, I'm not where my clothes are'. Give me strength.

I had this before, and the sale didn't auto cancel because she'd printed the label off. Had to contact vinted a bunch of times to get them to refund me. Pain in the arse. SS then messaged me a few days later saying 'sorry, I'm not where my clothes are'. Give me strength.
Thank you for the response! Yeah, I've got a feeling I'm gonna have a right fanny on trying to get it sorted. Dunno why people bother listing things if they have no intention of posting them.

Reactions: 1
I don't really know why either of us is bothering here. Sometimes I think vinted has changed me as a person 🥲

Screenshot_20240609_203342_Vinted.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
So annoying that people are bored on a Sunday evening so make offers on stuff which they then don’t actually buy 😬

I saw an ebayer post about a non-payer on there who'd obviously moved over with their free fees on clothes as they'd made an offer (and despite Ebay showing many pages stating its literally binding to buy if accepted), they didn't and asked this seller to cancel as didn't actually want it.

Vinted need to do the binding offer as would hopefully put these cheapskates off...who are now trying the same tactics on ebay and they'll get slammed with non paying bidder warnings and blocked from many sellers (myself included as I've blocked anyone with any NPB warnings lol)

Had loads of offers for a lovely brand new co-ord I was selling. Got an offer only £2 away from asking but also had someone at the same time ask me to reserve and she would pay full. So I reserved for her, she’s come back 2 days later and said to just un-reserve 😤😤😤. Wish there was a way to review these people!

• Angry
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.