Selling on Depop and Vinted #14 good condition...for putting in the bin maybe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My items are not being seen and it’s so frustrating!
Listed a whole lot of new things on Vinted, 30 odd items so far. Gorgeous dresses, knit tops, knit jumpers, midi dresses from ASOS, H&M, Bershka, Mango etc with the majority being new with tags (price tags that are £30-40 at least), sizes 4-8, also some of my mum’s clothes sizes 14-16. My prices are fairly low considering items are brand new, most things are listed at roughly between £5-£8. My pictures are clean and clear.
I have all delivery options available. I’ve been uploading a few items each day. I have over 70, 5 star reviews. And still most things have 0 views.
I don’t know what else to do. In the past, I’ve never found bumping and spotlight to really push my items…

I’ve sold over £550 worth since Feb but sales started to slow about a month ago and I never uploaded anything new, but didn’t make any sales on my already listed items.

It’s so frustrating!! I hate having all these lovely clothes that could use new homes but no one is seeing them. Anyone else? Do you think Vinted pushes new profiles initially, which explains why I had so many sales months ago but now it’s slowed… I have no idea.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Argh this SS is clearly gonna be a problem getting an attitude with me now. I'm so glad I took pics of the stuff with her user name and the date on now.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Do you think Vinted pushes new profiles initially, which explains why I had so many sales months ago but now it’s slowed… I have no idea.
Yes I think they do to hook you in at the beginning. I’ve not got any good advice for you though I’m afraid

Reactions: 2
I am having a mare with depop. Twice I've bought items and first time not shipped. Second time they are away and its taken her 4 days to just say it wont be posted till the weekend. I will miss what I was looking for it for and had given 8 days. I really wish people would signal at point of sale if they are away and can't post straight away. I am probably been a little irrational but when I sell it goes out next day.

DB843249-96DF-49B1-A719-3B733C135B04.jpeg

Ripped and poorly repaired jeans anyone? 🥲

Why even bother wasting time taking photos and uploading these. You don’t want them, nobody else wants them, just get rid and recycle them ffs.

Reactions: 10
Listed a whole lot of new things on Vinted, 30 odd items so far. Gorgeous dresses, knit tops, knit jumpers, midi dresses from ASOS, H&M, Bershka, Mango etc with the majority being new with tags (price tags that are £30-40 at least), sizes 4-8, also some of my mum’s clothes sizes 14-16. My prices are fairly low considering items are brand new, most things are listed at roughly between £5-£8. My pictures are clean and clear.
I have all delivery options available. I’ve been uploading a few items each day. I have over 70, 5 star reviews. And still most things have 0 views.
I don’t know what else to do. In the past, I’ve never found bumping and spotlight to really push my items…

I’ve sold over £550 worth since Feb but sales started to slow about a month ago and I never uploaded anything new, but didn’t make any sales on my already listed items.

It’s so frustrating!! I hate having all these lovely clothes that could use new homes but no one is seeing them. Anyone else? Do you think Vinted pushes new profiles initially, which explains why I had so many sales months ago but now it’s slowed… I have no idea.
My daughter has loads of size 4-6 clothes that don’t sell but her friend who is a size 16 sells hers easily.

I’ve been selling since April and have done really well but it has definitely slowed down now and my new listings get no views or just a few.

I’m going on holiday soon so will use holiday setting and will see if it makes a difference when I turn it back on.

Reactions: 3
My daughter has loads of size 4-6 clothes that don’t sell but her friend who is a size 16 sells hers easily.

I’ve been selling since April and have done really well but it has definitely slowed down now and my new listings get no views or just a few.

I’m going on holiday soon so will use holiday setting and will see if it makes a difference when I turn it back on.
Isn't the average UK size 16 or something? I find it quite hard to sell my 6-10 sizes, even on the vinted groups where people post what they're looking for it's usually size 12 or above. I have heard that smaller sizes are harder to sell

Reactions: 5
Not sure if I'm having a moment of panic or if I'm completely justified in doing what I've just done, but...

😬 I've just deleted every single item in my Vinted wardrobe! 😬

Reasons being:
  • SSs (though I've only ever dealt with one (see: Chronicles of Tanya), they just seem more and more common now from what I'm seeing here, Facebook, Reddit, DM Drama...). Vinted themselves are SSs with their poor customer service tbh
  • I sold something on eBay and sent it via Evri (which I've also got turned on, on Vinted). However, my item hasn't moved in tracking since yesterday and now I'm panicking that the item is lost and I won't be able to claim for it as I didn't pack the item according to Packlink's standards (it was a used phone case which I sent in a padded envelope - which Packlink don't deem as acceptable :rolleyes: )
  • I haven't sold anything on Vinted since April; most of my sales recently have been on eBay
  • eBay has integrated tracking with Royal Mail so I can get the postie to pick up any parcels from my house! And I get my funds available immediately after an item has been confirmed as delivered on eBay
---
Isn't the average UK size 16 or something? I find it quite hard to sell my 6-10 sizes, even on the vinted groups where people post what they're looking for it's usually size 12 or above. I have heard that smaller sizes are harder to sell
Eek... I thought size 8 was quite common (it's hard to find size 8 clothes in my local Tesco so I presumed they were flying off the racks!). Maybe that explains why it takes long for me to sell things sometimes as well.
---
Cleaning products do not comply with Vinted’s catalogue rules anyway 😬
On 2nd thoughts, send her my way. I'm selling some cleaning stuff on eBay from the days when I got sucked into being a hinch army hun thing that I no longer need...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6

The only other thing I can suggest is that Vinted likes it when you engage with it as a buyer and a seller. So make sure you are doing searches, adding favourite of your own and buying the odd thing. I think that the algorithm favours those who do both!

• Heart
I took a hissy fit earlier by removing a item with the 40 odd people watching my mare £7 item I had bumped for 3 days.
It's a good item for the price ........but nothing will put it on ebay tomorrow

My stuff is all size 14-18 and it’s sold pretty well. Based on my saved searches a lot comes up in smaller sizes but not as much in larger ones.

Reactions: 5
Has anyone ever sold anything electrical on Vinted? I have a spare set of games controllers, never opened, I wanted to sell them but I'm scared of someone claiming they don't work or something!

Has anyone ever sold anything electrical on Vinted? I have a spare set of games controllers, never opened, I wanted to sell them but I'm scared of someone claiming they don't work or something!
If they’re official controllers they should have serial numbers on, so make sure to take photos of those - that way the buyer can’t claim they’re broken and sneakily return different ones.

I’ve also seen people write in the description something like “I record packing each item prior to shipping” so that might put scammers off.

I’ve sold controllers on eBay before and haven’t had any problems, but I’ve only sold games on Vinted. Be prepared for people sending silly offers, someone will eventually buy them if the asking price is fair 🙂

• Heart
I laughed but that's really mean. 🙁
Looks like she was demanding it to be sent the day after purchase, too if the dates line up. Complete nutter. I agree the seller didn't need to give her life story, but there is such a thing as a proportionate response.

------------------------------------

I had a seller ask me "is everything ok?!xxxx" 5 bleeping hours after an item arrived at an inpost locker recently. Girl, chill out.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.