Selling on Depop and Vinted #14 good condition...for putting in the bin maybe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven’t posted on Vinted for a while because I just can’t be arsed really. Uploaded a load yesterday and every item, including just edits all have “processing” on them before finally loading. Didn’t it used to just be on random listings? I also don’t get it, because once it was listed it got removed an hour later 🤷🏼‍♀️ (I was trying my luck but was pleased it passed the processing stage)

Bought a pair of Sweaty Betty leggings on Friday and the seller still hasn't sent. I'm going away this weekend so I hope she gets herself into gear soon.

I was at the Post Office today sending two things - one parcel which I had already bought and printed a label for, and a large letter that I needed to pay for. The girl put through the large letter first, then took the parcel and just handed me the proof of postage for each, thanked me and waved the next customer over. I walked off and thought wait, I didn't pay for the large letter... so I went back and said so, she looked at me like I'd two heads, then I paid the £2.10. And no "oh thank you" or "oh sorry about that"... and she had to put my card payment through as a cash withdrawal so she could put it into the drawer because the transaction was "gone". What the earth? It's been bothering me ever since 😅 why did I not just leave it and I could have had a freebie for once! 🥴

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Finally started up a vinted account, posted all of two items, interacted with one person, and got hit by a message from vinted telling me my account is temporarily restricted for going against T&C's. 😦 Not sure to take this as a minor blip or an omen....

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Love when someone doesn't haggle and clears payment swiftly. Why can't everyone be like this?

Reactions: 10
Finally started up a vinted account, posted all of two items, interacted with one person, and got hit by a message from vinted telling me my account is temporarily restricted for going against T&C's. 😦 Not sure to take this as a minor blip or an omen....
I initially got suspended on the very first item I listed saying it was counterfeit. Fortunately, they decided it was a mistake and let me back in.

Reactions: 1
Love when someone doesn't haggle and clears payment swiftly. Why can't everyone be like this?
I have 2 "buyers" that haggled 50p & £1 off which I said yes but 24 hours later no payment .

• Angry
What a strange post. Just go to B&M/Home Bargains/Poundland and it’ll still be cheaper than Vinted without postage 😂

IMG_5977.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
That’s about the amount I’ve made in the last six months 😂
Same! But treated myself to new trainers for going to eras tour this weekend so I'm selling a few pairs. Still 1 pair listed for £55 so hoping that someone takes that tonight. Will help make up for the overspending that's about to happen in Edinburgh.
---
What were you trying to sell? Quite a few automated checks coming up recently so hopefully just a blip.

Reactions: 2
New accounts without reviews that list straight away are usually scam accounts, so your account might have been flagged for this reason - it’s very unlucky and hopefully they will remove the restriction soon!

Whatever you do, don’t be tempted to make a new account because I’ve seen other people do that and it can lead to a permanent ban.

What type of items did you upload? If you’re selling clothing, you can sell on eBay for free now so it might be worth listing there instead 🙂

Why "check" if my item includes something AFTER I've posted it!! This one is gonna be an issue I just know it.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.