Selling on Depop and Vinted #14 good condition...for putting in the bin maybe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lists item. Says in description I will not take 40% off. SS wades in making an offer of 40% off AND asking to reserve.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Can anyone please help or advise me. So I sent a skirt via Evri and the buyer us saying she received 2 t/shirts instead of what she ordered!
---
Can anyone please help or advise me. So I sent a skirt via Evri and the buyer us saying she received 2 t/shirts instead of what she ordered!
I’ve checked on Evri & it’s showing it’s not been collected xx

Last edited:
---

Were you even selling 2 T shirts? If you were it’s possible the parcels were mixed up but if not she’s pulling a fast one!

Reactions: 1
---

If its not been collected, either she's been given the wrong parcel or she's got her orders confused. It could be a label swap, but the tracking should match if it was.

Get her to send you a copy of the label with the tracking number and show her your parcel is still awaiting to be collected by her.

My Vinted sales have been soo slow recently. I'm only selling baby/kids clothes for £1-2 each but it's drier than the Sahara for interest on them.
I took the plunge with the 'Collections' feature yesterday.. 24 hours later and 20% discount applied.. no extra interest 😭
What's a girl gotta do to shift some stuff these days 👎🏻

Reactions: 3
My Vinted sales have been soo slow recently. I'm only selling baby/kids clothes for £1-2 each but it's drier than the Sahara for interest on them.
I took the plunge with the 'Collections' feature yesterday.. 24 hours later and 20% discount applied.. no extra interest 😭
What's a girl gotta do to shift some stuff these days 👎🏻
I used the promote your wardrobe thing and nothing either, not even getting any extra views, absolute scam 🤣

It's a five week month before payday for most people though

• Sad
I give up with vinted. I have had 4 or 5 different offers on an item and I accept, but no one river pays! What is the point in making an offer?

Apologies that this is Ebay, I haven't sold on there for years. Item sold at £2/ plus £4 something for the buyer paying postage.

Have I been conned and paid the postage?!
Ebay take a cut of your postage charges now too.
I think its free to list but they still take a cut off the end price otherwise they make nothing

Reactions: 2
Apologies that this is Ebay, I haven't sold on there for years. Item sold at £2/ plus £4 something for the buyer paying postage.

Have I been conned and paid the postage?!
Unfortunately eBay charges a fee based on the price the item sold for including postage, the fees are currently 12.8% plus 30p per item so £4 looks about right 🙁

You can use this calculator to work out how much the fees will be, so you can factor them into the price beforehand: https://www.ebayfeescalculator.com/uk-ebay-calculator/

eBay often runs special offers with 70-80% off fees - this is the cheapest time to list things, they’ll usually send you an email when the offer is running. They recently stopped charging fees for selling clothes, but fees still remain for everything else (for now at least!)

Unfortunately eBay charges a fee based on the price the item sold for including postage, the fees are currently 12.8% plus 30p per item so £4 looks about right 🙁

You can use this calculator to work out how much the fees will be, so you can factor them into the price beforehand: https://www.ebayfeescalculator.com/uk-ebay-calculator/

eBay often runs special offers with 70-80% off fees - this is the cheapest time to list things, they’ll usually send you an email when the offer is running. They recently stopped charging fees for selling clothes, but fees still remain for everything else (for now at least!)
Thank you! This was my item that Vinted took off for being prohibited 🙄 sold much quicker on Ebay though. To be honest I just needed it gone but will look out for the special offers in future.

I did know about the no fees for clothes but I can't be bothered listing them all again 😂

FFS, I sold a skirt and the buyer has just messaged me to say it’s some cosmetics which have arrived instead. It was InPost. Will i get the skirt back or is it gone forever?

I‘ve just realised as well, she hasn’t marked it as having a problem, just messaged me.

Last edited:
Can anyone advise me about parcel size please, specifically if the size might be wrong? 😯 Vinted recommended 'small parcel' for a dress I sold today. In the email with the Yodel barcode it says it's 'under 500g' but the dress has a jumper top half so weighs more than this. Am I going to have problems??

Can anyone advise me about parcel size please, specifically if the size might be wrong? 😯 Vinted recommended 'small parcel' for a dress I sold today. In the email with the Yodel barcode it says it's 'under 500g' but the dress has a jumper top half so weighs more than this. Am I going to have problems??
I've never had issues with yodel

I put medium for everything (unless over 1kg) as small & medium cost the same. Evri have fined people for overweight parcels before. Not sure about Yodel but medium everything lol

Reactions: 3
Eek. Need some reassurance / guidance please, if possible. Question: How long does it typically take for Evri to update tracking after picking up from an InPost locker? :confused:

Some context, if helpful (will use points to keep it brief):
  • Parcel sent to buyer on Saturday. Courier: Evri. Method: InPost locker (first time I've used one since last year for Evri parcels and now I remember why I stopped).
  • Current situation: InPost tracking suggests the parcel has been picked up, landed at their warehouse, and is now with Evri; Evri tracking shows it's still at the locker. (Fml)
I know it should be fine eventually but this is so unnerving, moreso as it's a £20 item. Has anyone had any recent experiences and could give any ideas around timeframes please?
I returned via evri to H&M and after a month it hadn’t moved at all. I got my refund (£179) eventually after emailing them and then marking it as lost but duck knows if they got the parcel or not in the end.

I got my parcel I sold sent 35 minutes after sale went through. So I think that makes me a TT today 😂
---
Try spraying looooads of white vinegar on the stains and leaving it to soak in for a bit before washing. I use it to keep deodorant yellow marks at bay on white T-shirts!
Mould remover spray is great on yellow deodorant marks on white shirts

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.