Selling on Depop and Vinted #14 good condition...for putting in the bin maybe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love it when a seller cancels your order and realists it for more money 😭

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
After a great start with Vinted 2 years ago these last few months have been dead. My stuff is very reasonably priced and they are all favourited with a couple over 30 times so WTF?!?! I pack well with a nice note and always send promptly.

I'm selling my own stuff plus clearing out a family members house so the upstairs has been chaotic. Took time today to sort it all out and bought a hanging rail for the clothes rather than them gather dust.

Then I finally get a sale (not high value) but can't bloody find the item so had to cancel. Really need to get my tit together properly. Not sure whether to try depop and/or ebay.

Reactions: 1
I always put the printed label option on when I’m going to be in work as I can use their printer! I put it back on yesterday and sold 4 items!

Has anybody else found that buyers are being petty if they haven’t got their own way.
For example refuse multiple silly offers but finally agree on a middle ground. Send item within a day, immaculate condition, well packed etc. then they refuse to hit ok so you have to wait for the money. They then don’t give you feedback but when you look at their profile they are getting excellent feedback such as hit ok immediately, thanks for the excellent feedback.
I’ve found that people who pay full price or make acceptable offers seem to hit ok straight away and give feedback

Reactions: 9
Yes. I told a buyer I would not go below a certain price but she is still trying to negotiate. It’s only a small amount. I start to worry about my self respect dealing with this sort of nonsense.
I’m ignoring her now.

Reactions: 2
On the other hand, i have an item favourited that I would maybe buy but not desperate. See it's been reduced, I asked a question about it and radio silence from the seller. Do you want to sell it or not 😑 wasn't a stupid question either

So confused! I sold a pair of b/n shoes and despatched on 1st May. Yodel tracking on Vinted has been showing 'in transit', 'delivery taking longer than expected' and 'parcel will be deemed as lost after 5th June - buyer then has 2 days to claim' (or similar) ever since! I have just checked on the Yodel tracking app which states that the parcel was delivered on 8th May! I have not received payment and the buyer has not replied to my messages asking if they have received the parcel. Anyone any idea what is going on or what I can do to try to sort this out please? If the buyer does not claim the package as lost after the two days then what happens then??

So confused! I sold a pair of b/n shoes and despatched on 1st May. Yodel tracking on Vinted has been showing 'in transit', 'delivery taking longer than expected' and 'parcel will be deemed as lost after 5th June - buyer then has 2 days to claim' (or similar) ever since! I have just checked on the Yodel tracking app which states that the parcel was delivered on 8th May! I have not received payment and the buyer has not replied to my messages asking if they have received the parcel. Anyone any idea what is going on or what I can do to try to sort this out please? If the buyer does not claim the package as lost after the two days then what happens then??
Screenshot the delivery notice off the Yodel page & your chat with buyer. Press the I in the corner of that chat to report to vinted and ask them to mark as delivered so you can get paid. Been a few issues with Yodel tracking on vinted recently.

If they don't reply...send the same to
Legal @ vinted.co.uk (no gaps)

Reactions: 6
Screenshot the delivery notice off the Yodel page & your chat with buyer. Press the I in the corner of that chat to report to vinted and ask them to mark as delivered so you can get paid. Been a few issues with Yodel tracking on vinted recently.

If they don't reply...send the same to
Legal @ vinted.co.uk (no gaps)
Many thanks for that info, much appreciated. Did all that and just got a standard reply to say that Yodel tracking on Vinted says still in transit so have to wait til it is deemed as lost. So Yodel's own tracking doesn't seem to count!!

Many thanks for that info, much appreciated. Did all that and just got a standard reply to say that Yodel tracking on Vinted says still in transit so have to wait til it is deemed as lost. So Yodel's own tracking doesn't seem to count!!
Keep replying/press "no I still need help" until they respond properly.

And email the legal email lol

Reactions: 2
Someone with no reviews makes low ball offer. I send back a reasonable offer. Now they are asking if it's fake. I need to block before they buy don't I?

Reactions: 4
Eek. Need some reassurance / guidance please, if possible. Question: How long does it typically take for Evri to update tracking after picking up from an InPost locker? :confused:

Some context, if helpful (will use points to keep it brief):
  • Parcel sent to buyer on Saturday. Courier: Evri. Method: InPost locker (first time I've used one since last year for Evri parcels and now I remember why I stopped).
  • Current situation: InPost tracking suggests the parcel has been picked up, landed at their warehouse, and is now with Evri; Evri tracking shows it's still at the locker. (Fml)
I know it should be fine eventually but this is so unnerving, moreso as it's a £20 item. Has anyone had any recent experiences and could give any ideas around timeframes please?

Is anyone else having an issue if when things sell they aren't showing as sold??
I sold some shoes the other week but thought there must've been an issue where I accidentally posted it twice but yesterday someone bought a dress I'd had up for a long time and I had to delete the listing as it was still showing as not sold

Eek. Need some reassurance / guidance please, if possible. Question: How long does it typically take for Evri to update tracking after picking up from an InPost locker? :confused:

Some context, if helpful (will use points to keep it brief):
  • Parcel sent to buyer on Saturday. Courier: Evri. Method: InPost locker (first time I've used one since last year for Evri parcels and now I remember why I stopped).
  • Current situation: InPost tracking suggests the parcel has been picked up, landed at their warehouse, and is now with Evri; Evri tracking shows it's still at the locker. (Fml)
I know it should be fine eventually but this is so unnerving, moreso as it's a £20 item. Has anyone had any recent experiences and could give any ideas around timeframes please?
I dropped a parcel this morning. I saw a (presumably Inpost) guy collecting parcels from the locker not long after. Inpost's own tracking shows it's been collected from the locker, but Evri and Vinted tracking are both showing that it's still at the locker.

Keep replying/press "no I still need help" until they respond properly.

And email the legal email lol
Thank you soooo much, I did as you suggested and kept replying as still needing help and they have now agreed to mark the item as 'successfully shipped!!!!! Such a relief!!

Reactions: 3
2 days? They joking with this now? To note, payment hasn't cleared yet.
Definitely going to go back to ebay. Payment in my account the next day including weekends!
I bought something once a buyer had marked as okay- wanted to use the credit in my account. Didn’t realise it was taking longer and ended up using my own money rather than the credit 🤦🏻‍♀️

First time this has happened to me but tonight a buyer said that her daughter had clicked the everything ok button but now she's seen a stain on a white shirt. She has sent pictures - it looks like a big shadow. She wants a refund.
I know that according to vinted the sale is closed and I guess she could leave a negative review but I am not sure what to do. I don't want to enter into an argument online about it. Should I just politely point out that it's now too late as the sale is completed? Should I block her so she can't buy anymore of my items and cause trouble. What would you advise? Thanks all

I've just looked her up on members but her name isn't there. What does that mean?

Last edited:
First time this has happened to me but tonight a buyer said that her daughter had clicked the everything ok button but now she's seen a stain on a white shirt. She has sent pictures - it looks like a big shadow. She wants a refund.
I know that according to vinted the sale is closed and I guess she could leave a negative review but I am not sure what to do. I don't want to enter into an argument online about it. Should I just politely point out that it's now too late as the sale is completed? Should I block her so she can't buy anymore of my items and cause trouble. What would you advise? Thanks all

I've just looked her up on members but her name isn't there. What does that mean?
I’d ignore to be honest. If she leaves negative feedback state she selected all ok and had the item in her possession for some time before stating there was a mark, which was not there when you listed and then posted.

Probably is a big shadow and you’re being played

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.