Selling on Depop and Vinted #14 good condition...for putting in the bin maybe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d ignore to be honest. If she leaves negative feedback state she selected all ok and had the item in her possession for some time before stating there was a mark, which was not there when you listed and then posted.

Probably is a big shadow and you’re being played
Thank you. That’s what I thought. I don’t believe her daughter would click the everything is ok button.

Reactions: 1
Urgh! I received a white summer top in a Tesco bag with sweat stains under one arm. Can't be arsed to post and spend again on postage as that's what Vinted will tell me to do 🙄

The seller can wait for payment cos I'm not clicking 'Everything is okay'. Thank God it was only £4.

Let's hope Vanish does its thing when I chuck it in the washing machine!!!

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
Urgh! I received a white summer top in a Tesco bag with sweat stains under one arm. Can't be arsed to post and spend again on postage as that's what Vinted will tell me to do 🙄

The seller can wait for payment cos I'm not clicking 'Everything is okay'. Thank God it was only £4.

I always soak stains in washing up liquid and leave to dry then throw it in the wash with some vanish, works 9/10 times

Reactions: 4

Try removing the stain before the sale completes, if that doesn’t work you can click there’s an issue and say it’s been damaged in transit. Vinted will ask for a photo of the packaging and the “damage” - they will refund you 🤫

Reactions: 3
Do any of you reserve?
Whenever I have they never buy, so I was adament I wouldn’t going forward. Last week someone asked me to reserve, I thought I’d give one more shot, then the head blocked me on the day 🤣

• Wow
I’ve had people ask to reserve twice, fortunately both times they bought when they said they would.

Try spraying looooads of white vinegar on the stains and leaving it to soak in for a bit before washing. I use it to keep deodorant yellow marks at bay on white T-shirts!

Reactions: 2
It's great that eBay have no fees for selling pre-loved clothing now, but isn't listing things on there a pain in the arse? All the specifics that you have to select - the material, the style (especially annoying when the thing isn't any of the styles they have in the list), for heaven's sake :rolleyes: I just wanna quickly copy/paste my Vinted listings onto eBay but it's such a faff.

Reactions: 11
Sold a whole load of books again. Got shafted with the postage a little bit as it was only up to 2kg and the books were heavier. But hey ho, out of my house and made a small bit of money. But postage is so dear. (I have to use Royal Mail due to where I live, I used to get loads of Collect+ but people seemed to have stopped choosing that which is annoying.)

How long would you leave it before messaging a seller about when they’re going to post stuff? Bought a bundle Monday morning which was bank holiday but so far it just says sellers been sent the postage label. Really want the items so don’t want to annoy them but also I go on holiday the end of next week and didn’t really think it’d take that long to arrive 🥴

How long would you leave it before messaging a seller about when they’re going to post stuff? Bought a bundle Monday morning which was bank holiday but so far it just says sellers been sent the postage label. Really want the items so don’t want to annoy them but also I go on holiday the end of next week and didn’t really think it’d take that long to arrive 🥴
I think to me it really matters how it's asked, if you ask nicely and say you're going on holiday and just wondering when are they likely to have a chance to post as you were hoping you'd have it by then, that's ok, as long as you're not being rude like 'are you sending???'

Reactions: 6
Mentally when I sell I like it to be gone within a day. If life is busy and its longer I would reach out to the buyer and let them know but so many don't seem too.

My son is despairing of me and all these random packages turning up in our house these days.

Now that InPost Home Delivery are teamed up with Royal Mail does anyone know how many times they will attempt delivery? They’ve tried to deliver twice so far and said no one is in and have left a card. Buyer hasn’t been online for days and also hasn’t ever responded to my message (just thanking them for purchase and saying I would post the next day).
Still haven’t attempted to collect the parcel, but have now read my messages and not replied. Why bother buying something to not bother being in to receive it or then being bothered to go and collect it. Really annoying as I had loads of views and likes on it. I guess I’ll wait for it to make its way back to me 😖

• Sad
I bought a bundle on monday too- it says on vinted they have til next monday 3rd to post it- sure it never used to be 7 days?

I bought a bundle on monday too- it says on vinted they have til next monday 3rd to post it- sure it never used to be 7 days?
Yeah I don’t remember seeing that before either but mine says it too 😬 mental note not to order anything I need in less than 2 weeks without asking before in future!

Help me out please

I have sold a dress on Vinted. It belonged to my daughter. She isn’t a slim girl and the dress I sold she wore last year for a function.
I advertised it as a size 14. It sold very quickly. The person who bought it, is returning it as she said it isn’t a 14 more like a 10?! I told her my address and said would refund her. Do I pay for the postage?

Help me out please

I have sold a dress on Vinted. It belonged to my daughter. She isn’t a slim girl and the dress I sold she wore last year for a function.
I advertised it as a size 14. It sold very quickly. The person who bought it, is returning it as she said it isn’t a 14 more like a 10?! I told her my address and said would refund her. Do I pay for the postage?
If it says a 14, and you listed as a 14 you don't have to accept a return.
Likely they're absolutely not a 14 but trying to convince they are.
They pay postage/raise an issue if they want to return but down to you to accept or not.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I agree. If it says 14 in the label and you listed it as a 24 it’s absolutely not your fault if it doesn’t fit. That’s a risk we take on vinted with varying sizes across shops. I wouldn’t accept a return!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
SS is four days in to the collection waiting game. How long has she got left, wise ones?

SS is four days in to the collection waiting game. How long has she got left, wise ones?
I waited over a week and then messaged buyer to ask if they are picking up as I'm going away and need to make arrangements for somebody to pick up if it's coming back. She messaged back very quick to say she is on holiday and her partner aren't allowed to pick it up but she'll collect asap when she get's back. Two days later it was picked up.

I suggest you do the same although in my case I really was going away

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.