Selling on Depop and Vinted #14 good condition...for putting in the bin maybe

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was liking a whole load of red dresses as I’m going on a virgin cruise and one girl messaged got a wee deal and we sorted out postage (as I live with only Royal Mail as option) and it was a great interaction. Slight issue all the other people are now messaging me with offers and I feel bad but I ain’t messaging them all back individually. As a seller I never message people who favourite 😬

Reactions: 4
I do wish Vinted had a different option for favourite that wouldn't alert the seller. Often I just want to 'shortlist' stuff to sift through later and don't want to be dealing with sellers yet.

Reactions: 12
I do wish Vinted had a different option for favourite that wouldn't alert the seller. Often I just want to 'shortlist' stuff to sift through later and don't want to be dealing with sellers yet.
You can change your settings so they don't get notified, then they can't contact you either. 🙂

• Heart
Yea that's what I was basically doing lol. Feel bad ignoring but here we are.

Reactions: 2
it’s always the stuff that isn’t making the cut that they message about, too:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I was asked a million questions by a buyer, I answered them all.
she then asked my why I was selling it? I didn’t answer that one! WTF!

• Haha
I bought some shoes in Jan sale for an event decided to change my outfit so sold them on vinted for £7 more than I bought them for

Reactions: 6
I didn’t realise that you can sell new clothes without fees on eBay as they still count as being pre-owned! (as long as you’re a private seller) 🙂

Has anyone switched back to eBay recently? On paper eBay seems like the better option for clothes now, as there’s no fees for sellers and buyers, plus they provide better protection for peace of mind.

Might try listing things on both Vinted and eBay from now, if I can be bothered! 😅

Attachments

I’m so pissed off. Bought something on Vinted on the 19th and it still hasn’t been sent 🤬 the seller has until tomorrow and then it’ll get cancelled. I’ve sent two messages asking what’s happening, neither have been replied to. She has quite a few auto reviews for sales cancelled so seems like this isn’t a new thing. Why do people list things then not bother sending them?

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Be careful on eBay. I had some clothes on Vinted that I think is priced appropriately, wasn’t overly bothered if they sold. The majority did. So I thought I would give eBay a go with the remainder. They did end up selling but for such a small price. I’m sticking to Vinted

Reactions: 1
Be careful on eBay. I had some clothes on Vinted that I think is priced appropriately, wasn’t overly bothered if they sold. The majority did. So I thought I would give eBay a go with the remainder. They did end up selling but for such a small price. I’m sticking to Vinted
Most people on eBay used to start the price at 99p which is dangerous if it only gets a couple of bids. I used to just start the bid at the price I wanted it to go for similar to what you do on Vinted.

You don’t have to follow eBay’s suggested price same way you don’t have to follow Vinted recommended price.

Reactions: 8
I use eBay occasionally and if you find the right buyer you do get more. I never use an auction though.

I’m so pissed off. Bought something on Vinted on the 19th and it still hasn’t been sent 🤬 the seller has until tomorrow and then it’ll get cancelled. I’ve sent two messages asking what’s happening, neither have been replied to. She has quite a few auto reviews for sales cancelled so seems like this isn’t a new thing. Why do people list things then not bother sending them?
Ah so annoying!! This has happened to me in the past, I read through reviews as I always do, but decided to take the risk. Lo and behold, the SS never sent it. Despite sending a message when I purchased. So in petty retaliation, I left her a negative review… which she returned the favour and harped on about ‘being kind’ and that I wasn’t ’very good at communication’…. Er hun, you’re the seller, it’s up to YOU to communicate!
I never go anywhere near anyone now with ‘sale not completed’ or ‘seller cancelled transaction’.

Reactions: 8
Ah so annoying!! This has happened to me in the past, I read through reviews as I always do, but decided to take the risk. Lo and behold, the SS never sent it. Despite sending a message when I purchased. So in petty retaliation, I left her a negative review… which she returned the favour and harped on about ‘being kind’ and that I wasn’t ’very good at communication’…. Er hun, you’re the seller, it’s up to YOU to communicate!
I never go anywhere near anyone now with ‘sale not completed’ or ‘seller cancelled transaction’.
I had this happen this week, too! It was on something I really wanted, too, not just a cheap impulse buy :ROFLMAO: . The seller did have a lot of auto feedback “didn’t send item” but I took the chance anyway!

Reactions: 1
I've always sold much higher on ebay. I do buy it now only. Never had an issue personally

(I.e had a dress on V for £4. Wasn't budging. Sold on E for £7.50. Another £2 on V and Sold on E for £4 etc)

Reactions: 7
I've always sold much higher on ebay. I do buy it now only. Never had an issue personally

(I.e had a dress on V for £4. Wasn't budging. Sold on E for £7.50. Another £2 on V and Sold on E for £4 etc)
Exactly the same here! The only negative I really experience on eBay is that hardly anyone leaves feedback.

Exactly the same here! The only negative I really experience on eBay is that hardly anyone leaves feedback.
That's true. My feedback is set on auto only when they leave it for me, so no feedback for me, no feedback for you! Lol

That's true. My feedback is set on auto only when they leave it for me, so no feedback for me, no feedback for you! Lol
LOL I do the exact same! However didn’t know that you could have it on auto - will look into that. I also find you don’t get people asking a million questions on eBay. They just buy it.

LOL I do the exact same! However didn’t know that you could have it on auto - will look into that. I also find you don’t get people asking a million questions on eBay. They just buy it.
Yep. Only time I get questions is on more expensive items but I upload photos of every corner of items on ebay and do decent descriptions so that royally annoys me still 😆.

Reactions: 2