Selling on Depop and Vinted #14 good condition...for putting in the bin maybe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve only been selling on Vinted for a month but just had a buyer buy to flip and one of the items I sold them I listed as very good but it has been used (it’s a safety item) and he’s relisted it as brand new (plus £20 more in price)! I reported them and they said it didn’t violate anything but I bought and used the item so I know it’s not new and they could see all that on my listing but they weren’t interested 🙄

The buyer also left me negative feedback saying the parcel tape used ruined the product outer box and it’s unusable yet it’s photographed in their listing and just mentions it has some parcel tape on it so clearly not unusable then. Reported that as well and they weren’t bothered.

I’ve always sold on EBay and found them really helpful at removing unfair feedback etc and they have a live chat option which is much better.
I had someone flip a Toast blouse I sold her. She put it on again for twice as much as I sold it for but this was about four months ago and it’s still for sale so I guess that didn’t work out too well for her.
---
I had a bit of a sort out today and put a few things on. I also dropped the price on a couple of items I already had listed.

Reactions: 5
The buyer also left me negative feedback saying the parcel tape used ruined the product outer box and it’s unusable yet it’s photographed in their listing and just mentions it has some parcel tape on it so clearly not unusable then. Reported that as well and they weren’t bothered.
I would reply back to the feedback saying you sold the item as used and they've relisted it as brand new so obviously annoyed it may have ruined their scam 🤣

Then I'd leave them feedback saying their selling something brand new that was bought as used 😉

Reactions: 4
I had someone flip a Toast blouse I sold her. She put it on again for twice as much as I sold it for but this was about four months ago and it’s still for sale so I guess that didn’t work out too well for her.
---
I had a bit of a sort out today and put a few things on. I also dropped the price on a couple of items I already had listed.
I had mine for sale for a while with very little interest and gave the twit 10% off. I very much doubt they’ll sell it at the price they’ve got it on for.
---
I would reply back to the feedback saying you sold the item as used and they've relisted it as brand new so obviously annoyed it may have ruined their scam 🤣

Then I'd leave them feedback saying their selling something brand new that was bought as used 😉
Oh I have ! Originally they gave me 3 stars so I gave them 1 star and wrote similar to what you have said. They then changed the 3 stars to 1 star, so I edited what I wrote and as well as what you said i said they were a scammer and disappointing Vinted won’t take action!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Vinted is full of scruffy slabs.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Update: I appealed and now they have agreed it did not comply with their catalogue rules and say they have taken action against them listing it as new!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Vinted used to respond well fast. Now they're slow as hell

Buyer hasn't been online for 5 days. Item has been delivered now (suspended due to not tracking). Sent them the proof to unsuspend...nothing yet and been hours. Whenever they do see fit to mark as delivered will then be 2 days waiting for money from then 🫠 gimme my damn cash lol

Reactions: 1
IMG_6094.jpeg

🤣
---
---
Happened to me on depop. Sold a really expensive skirt for much cheaper and the little rat put it up within days of me posting it 3x the price.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
I know it's only a kids jumper for £1.00.. but c'mon doll 😬 it takes less than 3 seconds to retake a picture 🤦🏻‍♀️

IMG_20240523_102528.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Don’t get me wrong… I love animals …. But what the duck is this seller thinking?!
Haha that's hilarious. I don't mind non pet free home as I have cats myself but I want to see a photo of the item, not the cats. Make an Instagram account for your pets like (not)normal people 🤣

Smoke free home is important to me though as it's hard to get rid of the smell of smoke and also I don't want anything from someone who is ok with smoking inside, it's rank 😅 yellow walls, yellow clothes

Reactions: 8
Is "smoke free home" actually still a thing that people include on descriptions? Like who actually still smokes these days anyway? Can't imagine people putting "vape free home" instead

• Haha
Is "smoke free home" actually still a thing that people include on descriptions? Like who actually still smokes these days anyway? Can't imagine people putting "vape free home" instead
Yeah I've seen tons of that in descriptions. I think plenty people still smoke inside, going by the number of people I see smoking in their cars 🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Vinted being dicks. Telling me to get the buyer, who hasn't been online in 6 days or responded to any message, to message me saying they've received the item they can see has been delivered. All I need them to do is mark it as bloody delivered so it can trigger the countdown. Been 2 days already due to their slow AF replies!

It was only suspended because the tracking wouldn't update and at MY request. bleeping irritating. Give me my £10!!

I’ve been searching for a wedding guest outfit on Vinted, ordered a dress and it doesn’t fit so went back on Vinted searching today. Saw a nice dress, asked if it was true to size and exchanged a few messages. Gone back on tonight to have a look and it’s disappeared from my favourites and the messages aren’t in my inbox! Have I been blocked?

Ugh, why can't people read the terms of the website they're selling on?! I sent an offer for something, seller comes back in ALLCAPS saying she's on holiday until some time in June. I leave it thinking she might accept it when she's back. She's accepted it now even though she can't post within the timeframe. I check with her, she confirms she's still away. She's asked me if I want to cancel. Cancel what?! I haven't bought the damn thing....

If only there was a way on Vinted that you could... mark yourself... as on holiday... 🧐 🤪

People are daft, aren't they...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.