Selling on Depop and Vinted #14 good condition...for putting in the bin maybe

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just listed my first two items on Vinted, pray for me. I picked up an order earlier and had it marked as 'everything is okay' within the hour, so sending that TT energy out there...

Reactions: 4
I wouldn’t have accepted a return for this, does Vinted say you have to? Surely she could just wash it. But this is why I wouldn’t do stuff like spray with stuff instead of just washing - if something turned up smelling really strong of a spray then it would likely give me a migraine to be fair. I mean I would personally just put it in the wash rather than send it back because it’s not really ‘not as described’ unless there’s something else wrong with it. Sounds like she just decided she didn’t want it and by spraying it gives her a reason to moan
It probably isn’t classed as a reason to return tbf and I wish I had challenged her but I was so offended I thought bleeping send it back then you cow. I think it doesn’t fit her or its shorter than she expected (I did describe it as a mini dress) so she’s making tit up.
---
There’s a specific Febreeze spray that makes me want to vomit - think it’s called “blossom and breeze” or something similar. Has a pink handle on the top. I think some people are more sensitive to smells than others. If I really liked the item I would have just put in the wash though.
It’s actually just the cotton fresh crease release spray that I usually spray them with. The dress is dry clean only otherwise I would have and it had already been to the dry cleaners before putting it in storage.

I made an offer on an item that is being sold for £22. Didn’t think it was too cheeky but it got rejected. Was gonna buy it at full price after but it was immediately put up to £25! Have un-favourited now out of spite now.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I made an offer on an item that is being sold for £22. Didn’t think it was too cheeky but it got rejected. Was gonna buy it at full price after but it was immediately put up to £25! Have un-favourited now out of spite now.
I had something like this the other day on an item that had been up for months. I unfavourited when she sent back an offer a few quid higher thinking fair enough if she wants to wait it out, then the next day she sent another offer back for my original offer price :ROFLMAO: I think common sense had kicked in.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
£8 item. Someone offers £6 but ‘will you reserve until Tuesday or Wednesday as only then I can get to the bank”. I said okay as didn’t think it would be that popular. Someone else just offered £6. I think to be honest the first one sounds a time waster, should you really be spending your last £6 on Vinted? Do you guys think I should honour the bank buyer and wait it out or just sell it to second buyer :)

£8 item. Someone offers £6 but ‘will you reserve until Tuesday or Wednesday as only then I can get to the bank”. I said okay as didn’t think it would be that popular. Someone else just offered £6. I think to be honest the first one sounds a time waster, should you really be spending your last £6 on Vinted? Do you guys think I should honour the bank buyer and wait it out or just sell it to second buyer :)
First one is a definite time waster. Sell to the second one. For all the first one knows someone could’ve swooped in and bought it at full price before you had a chance to reserve!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Offered £2 on a £2.50 item that’s been up for 4 months with no favourites on it. I’d have paid full price but the £2 + fees was the last of what was in my Vinted balance so I’d rather offer first than dip into my bank account.

They rejected the offer, sent me a message saying I was a tight bleep and she wasn’t gonna let it go for less than it’s worth and then blocked me 🙃 duck right off then hun, enjoy having it sat in your spare room for another few months ✌🏻

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
I wish there was some way to identify sellers who post quickly, like a badge or something. Because if I'm buying something I'd like it soon, not in 10-15 days time.

Reactions: 5
I wish there was some way to identify sellers who post quickly, like a badge or something. Because if I'm buying something I'd like it soon, not in 10-15 days time.
They did trial this like a year ago, so those who posted in 24 hours consistenly got a marker. Then it disappeared a couple of weeks later. No idea why

Reactions: 1
Where do I stand with this SS? I sold her an Armani dress for £8 which I’ve had in storage for ages because it doesn’t fit me. I sprayed it with a fabric freshener before sending just to ensure or didn’t have any musty storage smell and she’s had the cheek to say it’s significantly not as described and that it’s unwashed and smells of perfume that makes her sick. I’m furious. I’ve told her to send it back to me at her own expense but what happens if she damages the dress?
Urgh will the silly cow not be washing it anyway?!

Screenshot_20240512_114531_Vinted.jpg

Not only been on floor, but floor outside. Why?! Is your house really that gross this was the best place? 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I’ve just had someone make me an offer on Vinted and their location is Spain….wtf? I thought it was weird when the offer came up in euros

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I wouldn’t have accepted a return for this, does Vinted say you have to? Surely she could just wash it. But this is why I wouldn’t do stuff like spray with stuff instead of just washing - if something turned up smelling really strong of a spray then it would likely give me a migraine to be fair. I mean I would personally just put it in the wash rather than send it back because it’s not really ‘not as described’ unless there’s something else wrong with it. Sounds like she just decided she didn’t want it and by spraying it gives her a reason to moan
I agree, I would always wash instead - hydrogen peroxide in the wash takes the storage smell out with zero smell. I hate a lot of laundry stuff and I wouldn’t have liked something strongly smelling either. I don’t like receiving musty smelling clothes either though.

Sold two tops and the buyer contacted me with photos to say there was a tiny stain on one of them. I hadn’t noticed it when I packed them up but like the Tidy Tart I am, I gave her a partial refund as she said she wanted to keep it and try to get the stain out. I thought about arguing but then decided life was too short.

Reactions: 4
I’ve just had someone make me an offer on Vinted and their location is Spain….wtf? I thought it was weird when the offer came up in euros
Someone once contacted me on Vinted last year about some items and they were located in France and their messages to me were in French. No idea how they managed to find my item. Felt bad for them though as they were keen to buy my items as they were sold out in the store, but I couldn't tell them that I'd then listed them on eBay as well as I didn't want to risk a ban from Vinted. Said items remain unsold 😐

Sold two tops and the buyer contacted me with photos to say there was a tiny stain on one of them. I hadn’t noticed it when I packed them up but like the Tidy Tart I am, I gave her a partial refund as she said she wanted to keep it and try to get the stain out. I thought about arguing but then decided life was too short.
This sounds fair. I bought a sweatshirt for my daughter once that looked ok in the photos. When it arrived it was quite bobbled and also had a feint stain. My daughter was desperate to keep it though so I messaged the seller and explained I wasn’t exactly happy but couldn’t really return and she sent me back a couple of quid. 5 star reviews all round - everyone’s happy.

Reactions: 2