Selling on Depop and Vinted #14 good condition...for putting in the bin maybe

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have a weird oneā€¦Iā€™ve received a parcel from Evri, wrong name on label but itā€™s my address there were two blazers in it (not good quality and smell musty)- I wasnā€™t expecting anything so someone hasnā€™t sent me the wrong item, itā€™s a ball ache dealing with Evri when you have an order but I don't, so not sure how I start with trying to reunite it beyond wasting a lot of my time šŸ™„ emailing or calling?!? Anyone else experienced this?
Had this once with eBay. Shoved it in the garage for about 6 weeks and eventually got a knock on the door from someone asking if I had it as theyā€™d put in the wrong address. They were lucky I still had it and hadnā€™t binned it

Have a weird oneā€¦Iā€™ve received a parcel from Evri, wrong name on label but itā€™s my address there were two blazers in it (not good quality and smell musty)- I wasnā€™t expecting anything so someone hasnā€™t sent me the wrong item, itā€™s a ball ache dealing with Evri when you have an order but I don't, so not sure how I start with trying to reunite it beyond wasting a lot of my time šŸ™„ emailing or calling?!? Anyone else experienced this?
Totally bizarre!
Aside from contacting Evri Iā€™m not sure what else you can do. It will be a tough gig to sort out that mix-up!

Itā€™s probably someone who lives nearby who put the wrong house/flat number? I would just keep the parcel for a few days as the person will probably realise itā€™s been delivered and might come round to collect it. Or you could try asking Evri to return it to the sender? Does Evri still have a live chat?

Reactions: 1
I'm wondering whether it's someone local who put the wrong address in maybe? Is there a Facebook community group you could message to ask if anyone knows the person the parcel is addressed to?

I'm wondering whether it's someone local who put the wrong address in maybe? Is there a Facebook community group you could message to ask if anyone knows the person the parcel is addressed to?
Good idea
---
Had one person message me moments after favourting something asking if I'm still interested and someone else messaging me a bunch of question marks as I blanked their 'posting today' message. Oh yeah cause that's gonna sway me to buy.
Same - which is so annoying! Iā€™m trying to put some outfits together for festivals so Iā€™m favouriting a lot whilst I work out what I want to wear plus loads of the same items on for different prices so I want a back up in case my dithering means I miss out, but now Iā€™m just pestered by offers and messages!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Good idea
---

Same - which is so annoying! Iā€™m trying to put some outfits together for festivals so Iā€™m favouriting a lot whilst I work out what I want to wear plus loads of the same items on for different prices so I want a back up in case my dithering means I miss out, but now Iā€™m just pestered by offers and messages!
Yeah I don't mind people sending an offer, sometimes it could convince me to buy (rarely though) as long as they don't keep pestering to confirm if I'm buying or not. If I was going to make a quick decision on buying, I would just do it. If I favourite it means I've not decided on anything so it should be taken as that

I hate vinteds womenā€™s clothing sizing options. Trying to find trousers in my usual size, an 18, which Vinted class as an XXXL. Everything I like the look of is labelled as a XXXL/3XLIā€™ve messaged sellers to clarify what size it would fit and theyā€™ve all said itā€™s ā€˜standard sizingā€™ which is anywhere between a 20/22 to a 30/32, none I like are an 18.

Why canā€™t we just be like mens sizing and go off inches? Itā€™s so annoying having to try on various sized pairs of trousers/jeans because no store can agree on what a size 18 actually measures as. The jealousy I feel that my other half can just go ā€˜I need a 36w and thatā€™s me sortedā€™ is next level šŸ™ˆ

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Where do I stand with this SS? I sold her an Armani dress for Ā£8 which Iā€™ve had in storage for ages because it doesnā€™t fit me. I sprayed it with a fabric freshener before sending just to ensure or didnā€™t have any musty storage smell and sheā€™s had the cheek to say itā€™s significantly not as described and that itā€™s unwashed and smells of perfume that makes her sick. Iā€™m furious. Iā€™ve told her to send it back to me at her own expense but what happens if she damages the dress?

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Why do the vinted Facebook groups attract the weirdest, most unhinged people? Itā€™s seriously entertaining but where do these people come from?

• Haha
What do you find really helps your sales? I have stuff I'd just like to give a good go at selling before I donate.

Am I an ogre or does it piss you off when you get a Vinted notification only for it to be the buyer thanking you for posting šŸ˜…

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I have identified 40 items to list, they are all spring/summer clothes so I can't really procrastinate much longer but I can't be arsed. Anyone want to be my unpaid intern for a day? I'll write you a glowing reference!

Where do I stand with this SS? I sold her an Armani dress for Ā£8 which Iā€™ve had in storage for ages because it doesnā€™t fit me. I sprayed it with a fabric freshener before sending just to ensure or didnā€™t have any musty storage smell and sheā€™s had the cheek to say itā€™s significantly not as described and that itā€™s unwashed and smells of perfume that makes her sick. Iā€™m furious. Iā€™ve told her to send it back to me at her own expense but what happens if she damages the dress?
Video yourself opening it (showing it is all fully sealed at the start) and fully inspecting it. Then if she has damaged it, you have your proof and she canā€™t say that you did it.

I wouldnā€™t have accepted a return for this, does Vinted say you have to? Surely she could just wash it. But this is why I wouldnā€™t do stuff like spray with stuff instead of just washing - if something turned up smelling really strong of a spray then it would likely give me a migraine to be fair. I mean I would personally just put it in the wash rather than send it back because itā€™s not really ā€˜not as describedā€™ unless thereā€™s something else wrong with it. Sounds like she just decided she didnā€™t want it and by spraying it gives her a reason to moan

Who cares what something smells like when you receive it? It goes straight in the washing machine surely?

Reactions: 7
Thereā€™s a specific Febreeze spray that makes me want to vomit - think itā€™s called ā€œblossom and breezeā€ or something similar. Has a pink handle on the top. I think some people are more sensitive to smells than others. If I really liked the item I would have just put in the wash though.

Reactions: 2
FINALLY ordered a pair of jeans that fit! I was bordering on a size 12/14 but since every brand seems to be slightly off it's taken me 3 orders to find a pair that bloody fit. Also hate that a 14 is an XL, makes me feel bigger than I am!

Who cares what something smells like when you receive it? It goes straight in the washing machine surely?
I had a complaint about a tiny bit of makeup on the collar of something I sent but who are these people not even washing clothes before wearing?? I'm not wearing someone's secondhand stuff without washing it first!!

Reactions: 2