Selling on Depop and Vinted #10 Scruffy slags should bide their time, for this is Vinted, not Amazon Prime

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Person who made me an offer I accepted and didn’t pay still hasn’t paid so I blocked them. Is this super harsh or saving myself hassle?

Reactions: 2
Person who made me an offer I accepted and didn’t pay still hasn’t paid so I blocked them. Is this super harsh or saving myself hassle?
I've had an offer accepted and paid the next day cos life's got in the way. It doesn't stop the item being bought by someone else, so you're not tied to the prospective buyer if they don't pay after having their offer accepted.

Reactions: 7
So I paid £50 for this hoodie - and it has arrived with a makeup stain and hairs inside. The seller has nearly 500 5* reviews but this was not mentioned or photographed on the listing. I’m really happy with it otherwise and I know it’ll come out in the wash, but it’s the principle. Where do I stand with this/what do you tidy tarts feel about this??? Thanks x

Attachments

So I paid £50 for this hoodie - and it has arrived with a makeup stain and hairs inside. The seller has nearly 500 5* reviews but this was not mentioned or photographed on the listing. I’m really happy with it otherwise and I know it’ll come out in the wash, but it’s the principle. Where do I stand with this/what do you tidy tarts feel about this??? Thanks x
Looks like it may have been a genuine mistake? Personally, I would give the 5* review, especially if it's something that can be easily washed out and the seller has been fine to order from otherwise. I've given 5* reviews to sellers for items that have come to me in a worse state than this (that's just me - I don't like to cause a fuss if I can avoid it) x

ETA: On 2nd thoughts maybe I'm too generous? I paid £85 for a bag that came to me smelling really bad and had eye pencil shavings and hairs inside, but still gave the seller 5* because she shipped it fast and I was able to clean it out...

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Just to add: item was described as very good and ‘in excellent condition’

Love when people throw decent extras in!
Ooooh what have you got 😂
---
Just to add: item was described as very good and ‘in excellent condition’
I would send them a message just to say you’ve received it and it has a slight mark and hair, you’re not interested in a refund (if you’re not) but for future reference as item was stated to be in excellent condition. Would try and wash today too before you leave feedback in case it doesn’t come out?

Reactions: 6
Ooooh what have you got 😂
---

I would send them a message just to say you’ve received it and it has a slight mark and hair, you’re not interested in a refund (if you’re not) but for future reference as item was stated to be in excellent condition. Would try and wash today too before you leave feedback in case it doesn’t come out?
Ordered a curtain pole and she sent 2 and they are decent not naff ones as well!! Best thing is I needed another pair on top of the one pair I bought as well. Saved me like £80 in total! Fellas raging he's gotta put em up though. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I've had an offer accepted and paid the next day cos life's got in the way. It doesn't stop the item being bought by someone else, so you're not tied to the prospective buyer if they don't pay after having their offer accepted.
It’s been over five days. I only accepted because I wanted the money fast and I can’t see how you withdraw from an offer 😂

Anyone seen that post on Facebook about the custom made silver party suit? Some of the comments man 🤦🏻‍♀️ It’s honestly the gift that keeps on giving, that page 🤣

Reactions: 1
Anyone ever had a parcel returned? I knew the delivery failed and my parcel was to be returned but I’ve just got a text with a link and I’m not sure if it dodgy as it requires info about myself and they want £1.99 to redelivery.

is this ok? Anyone had this before?
View attachment 2520797
I've had 2 returned this week cos the lazy slags didn't bother their arses to pick them up on time

There's no fees/charges & they just get returned to your home address.

• Angry
Reactions: 2
I've had 2 returned this week cos the lazy slags didn't bother their arses to pick them up on time

There's no fees/charges & they just get returned to your home address.
Out of interest, do you have to pay them back?. Surely they are not refunded the post as the delivery company has done their job

Had my first issue with yodel. At 12:30pm I got an email saying £20 item is being returned to me.
At 17:30pm the buyer received the ready to collect email but this hasn’t updated on vinted page, when they tried to collect apparently the parcel wasn’t there and the yodel guy hasn’t even been today.
I think this might be a case of send it back to me and just mark it as delivered.

the buyer is really arsey andbeing abusive but I literally have no idea what else I can do (I’ve contacted vinted already)

Reactions: 1
I had once, a seller countered my offer, which I then decided to accept about a week later (life got on the way). The seller then started to complain that I bought it and that she had other offers come in she would have wanted to accept. Apparently I had been given "sale" counteroffer (who knew, sale at vinted!). And that I should cancel :rolleyes:

I had once, a seller countered my offer, which I then decided to accept about a week later (life got on the way). The seller then started to complain that I bought it and that she had other offers come in she would have wanted to accept. Apparently I had been given "sale" counteroffer (who knew, sale at vinted!). And that I should cancel :rolleyes:
Oh really? I've accepted an offer before, changed my.mind and then it's been purchased by someone else.

Looks like the (probably) drunken Friday night vinted shoppers are out 😂 not complaining though 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.