Selling on Depop and Vinted #10 Scruffy slags should bide their time, for this is Vinted, not Amazon Prime

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I turned off Royal Mail for this reason. I've got something due via RM actually. I make an extra point to mark RM parcels as soon as I've checked them ( I do with everything anyways but u guys get what I mean ). Some people are just pure tramps trying to get freebies off people.

Also ffs not vinted but fb marketplace. Fella made me look a right scruffy slag. We've been looking for a mini cooker, he goes on my fb searches local marketplace and finds one. Tell me now this prick goes and messages the sellers asking for delivery and giving the old I have disabled kids line. I sware I could of throttled him. He's like whats wrong they will feel sorry for you and probably give it you for cheaper. I had to explain you just DONT do things like that!
Oh I had one of these on marketplace, but it was for a charity craft group.
Selling some craft bits, woman contacts me and it's clear she wants me to donate the stuff because every other word is 'charity'. Being the stubborn sort I didn't take the hint.
She came to collect and it was clear she was quite reluctant to hand over the money whilst she continued to tell me all about the 'charity group'. none of which really inferred 'charity' as it was just a couple of women meeting up once a week for a chat. I got paid 😂

If she'd asked to buy them, and just said 'these would be great for my group' I'd probably have given them to her, but the bloody hints made me dig my heels in.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I’ve found google lens to be helpful in finding proper photos of items - used it to get a better idea of a jacket and ALSO to find out what the retail price of things are to see if I feel I’m getting a good deal on new stuff. You just upload a photo of exactly what you’re looking for (say a dress) and it finds it- magic

Reactions: 7
Just uploaded a Polo Ralph Lauren shirt and five minutes later it’s been hidden cos Vinted think I’ve not used the correct brand name 😡 I literally have not! AND I made sure to upload the extra pictures in the listing of the logo and care label. Has this happened to anyone else? So irritating!!! I’ve contacted support so hopefully it’s resolved soon. Though their support are pretty obtuse - the previous issue I had about the Yodel shipping labels, I had to explain it three times before they answered my query properly 🙄

On a more positive note, I’ve got 18 sales to post out! Just makes me uncomfortable that I’ve been flagged for something that I didn’t do - I know that things like that would get you banned from using Vinted and I don’t know what I’d do if I couldn’t use it 😂

Reactions: 3
So far I’ve only been a buyer on Vinted, and 50% of my purchases have been from proper scruffy slags, including a top that was noticeably stained despite being described as very good condition, a top listed as completely the wrong size, and a jacket that looked and smelled like it was used to line their golden retrievers bed 🤢.

I made my first two sales last night, both within an hour of uploading, straight up purchases for the full asking price. Just off to the inpost lockers now so fingers crossed my buyers continue to be tidy tarts and the courier doesn’t do me dirty by somehow bleeping up the delivery 🤞🏼

Reactions: 11
I bought a lightweight jacket a few weeks ago, gave it the once over on arrival and everything seemed fine so marked all ok and left positive feedback. Wore it for the first time on Tuesday to discover a tissue in the pocket, a hole in the lining of the other pocket, and a missing button :sneaky: . That'll teach me not to give things a thorough check!!

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I’ve found google lens to be helpful in finding proper photos of items - used it to get a better idea of a jacket and ALSO to find out what the retail price of things are to see if I feel I’m getting a good deal on new stuff. You just upload a photo of exactly what you’re looking for (say a dress) and it finds it- magic
This!! I've noticed a big increase in people buying a load of stuff in the sale then selling it with not much off the full price like 'oops missed returns period' etc. Appreciate this genuinely happens where you buy it then it goes into sale but they'll have like 20 items listed with the same thing 😅 Google lens is a great tool for just checking if you could buy it cheaper from the shop anyway.

Reactions: 4
I'm fairly new to vinted so I thought I'd ask here - I bought something on Sat but it hasn't been posted yet.. should I message them or something? I don't want to be annoying though as I'm really not that impatient! I'd just be disappointed if the sale gets cancelled as I really wanted the item :( the seller has 100+ reviews and an overall 4.9 star rating.

I'm fairly new to vinted so I thought I'd ask here - I bought something on Sat but it hasn't been posted yet.. should I message them or something? I don't want to be annoying though as I'm really not that impatient! I'd just be disappointed if the sale gets cancelled as I really wanted the item :( the seller has 100+ reviews and an overall 4.9 star rating.
I’m in the same position- I just sent a polite message to the seller asking if the item has been posted as iv not had any tracking update yet and the 5 day send window closes tomorrow… we all know people are busy and she’s got 5* reviews. Fingers crossed.

Favourited a jumper earlier, it was £7. Was going to have a better look when I got home. Looked at it 'in big' on the computer and the seller has put it up to £10. The duck is that all about?
Might offer a fiver to be an arse 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m in the same position- I just sent a polite message to the seller asking if the item has been posted as iv not had any tracking update yet and the 5 day send window closes tomorrow… we all know people are busy and she’s got 5* reviews. Fingers crossed.
yeah, i'm fine waiting it's just the send window! i've just realised that the seller created the tracking code 2 days ago... so do I have 5 days from then and not from when i bought it?

Favourited a jumper earlier, it was £7. Was going to have a better look when I got home. Looked at it 'in big' on the computer and the seller has put it up to £10. The duck is that all about?
Might offer a fiver to be an arse 😂
i liked a skirt that was about £4, before i could even consider buying it was suddenly £17, would've been £20+ in the end with buyer protection & postage.. i think they must've seen that quite a few people had liked it and decided to bump the price up

• Wow
Reactions: 7
yeah, i'm fine waiting it's just the send window! i've just realised that the seller created the tracking code 2 days ago... so do I have 5 days from then and not from when i bought it?

i liked a skirt that was about £4, before i could even consider buying it was suddenly £17, would've been £20+ in the end with buyer protection & postage.. i think they must've seen that quite a few people had liked it and decided to bump the price up
I THINK it’s 5 working days from date of purchase… am I right vinted experts?
Seller has just posted my item 😮💨

Someone bitching at me because a £1 book they bought on Tuesday evening and has been posted today might not get to her in time for early next week. Which she didn’t say at the time anyway but I’ve literally posted it within 48 hours which isn’t that unreasonable? I do normally try and post the next day but I’ve been manic. Ffs.

Reactions: 14
Someone bitching at me because a £1 book they bought on Tuesday evening and has been posted today might not get to her in time for early next week. Which she didn’t say at the time anyway but I’ve literally posted it within 48 hours which isn’t that unreasonable? I do normally try and post the next day but I’ve been manic. Ffs.
I hate this expectation that there is that you HAVE to post on the same day or you get bombarded with messages or “need it for a bday gift tomorrow “. People do have lives, jobs, children, commitments….
---
0 reviews, 0 posts. Wants me to send two items as a bundle outside or depop as a “stamp” will be cheaper. Sorry hun I wasn’t born yesterday x

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Hello ladies. After some advice from you!! I sent an order a couple weeks ago of some boys joggers. Royal mail tracking says they've been delivered, but the buyer had contacted me several times to say they haven't arrived. I've not been able to say much else other than asked her to check the address (correct) and say the tracking says they were delivered. She said she definitely hadn't had them. Yesterday she cancelled the order so my vinted now says I can reupload the item, which I can't as I don't have them! So I'm out of pocket now and she has been refunded - I don't think that's fair!
Did you upload the postage receipt after you had sent it? I guess if you didn't that's why they were able to cancel the order, scummy barstewards.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.