Selling on Depop and Vinted #10 Scruffy slags should bide their time, for this is Vinted, not Amazon Prime

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve received an item today (sent by Royal Mail) but the button to confirm I’ve received it isn’t there - it just says order sent, delivery in 2-5 days. Does it just take a while to update? I’ve messaged the buyer to confirm I have got it but just never known this before?

Reactions: 1
I’ve received an item today (sent by Royal Mail) but the button to confirm I’ve received it isn’t there - it just says order sent, delivery in 2-5 days. Does it just take a while to update? I’ve messaged the buyer to confirm I have got it but just never known this before?
Yeah it takes a bit longer to update for Royal Mail. Check back again in a few hours and the option should be there

Reactions: 1
I think I may be about to get my first bad review 🙈 the buyer has messaged me to say it’s covered in animal hairs. I packed it in a rush and didn’t actually check and it’s a black item so may or may not have ginger cat hairs on it 🥴 does this make me a super scruffy slag?
omg I had this too, I was mortified as I always make sure everything is immaculate but I packed in a rush. I offered her a refund but she didn’t take me up on it. Luckily she didn’t leave a review, just a automatic one 😰

I think I may be about to get my first bad review 🙈 the buyer has messaged me to say it’s covered in animal hairs. I packed it in a rush and didn’t actually check and it’s a black item so may or may not have ginger cat hairs on it 🥴 does this make me a super scruffy slag?
It depends but potentially 😂 if it is actually covered in hair I would wonder how you didn’t notice that but if they’re being dramatic and it’s a few stray hairs I wouldn’t personally care. I’ve got 2 dogs and I do check every item but it’s impossible to make sure that no single hair gets into the parcel or be missed! Some items I will lint roll before packing or I have a lint remover hand held thing to debobble which helps.

It depends but potentially 😂 if it is actually covered in hair I would wonder how you didn’t notice that but if they’re being dramatic and it’s a few stray hairs I wouldn’t personally care. I’ve got 2 dogs and I do check every item but it’s impossible to make sure that no single hair gets into the parcel or be missed! Some items I will lint roll before packing or I have a lint remover hand held thing to debobble which helps.
I’ve asked for photos and surprisingly she’s gone quiet…I’ve checked the listing photos and nothing is showing and it went straight into a bag and put away in the wardrobe which I know the cat wouldn’t have got into…she’s said in her message that her partner is allergic, yet she didn’t check if I was a pet free home…I don’t claim not to be in my listings. I did reply and say my cat doesn’t go in said item and that she can send it back 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 10
I’ve asked for photos and surprisingly she’s gone quiet…I’ve checked the listing photos and nothing is showing and it went straight into a bag and put away in the wardrobe which I know the cat wouldn’t have got into…she’s said in her message that her partner is allergic, yet she didn’t check if I was a pet free home…I don’t claim not to be in my listings. I did reply and say my cat doesn’t go in said item and that she can send it back 🤦🏻‍♀️
She’s probably being a scruff then 😂 let us know if she does send photos! If your partner or family member was allergic you’d definitely check, it’s not the sellers responsibility to ask if they have an allergy before you sell it to them 🙄

Reactions: 9
Buyer Collected order and pressed everything ok.
Within 1 single minute I get an abrupt message- “leave feedback”
Tempted to block ⭐

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
She’s probably being a scruff then 😂 let us know if she does send photos! If your partner or family member was allergic you’d definitely check, it’s not the sellers responsibility to ask if they have an allergy before you sell it to them 🙄
still no photos and now when I’ve suggested either picking it off or raising a case and sending it back she’s gone mad at me 🫣 not sure what else she wanted me to say!!

Reactions: 3
Good evening everyone 👋🏻 I’m reasonably new to vinted and have spent the last week catching up on this thread before posting! Hilarious stuff!!! So far I’ve only had one parcel go AWOL and the buyer was expecting ME to ring yodel customer services to see where it was! Sorry sweetheart- my part here is done! Managed to get my £ back for a 4 quid t shirt anyway. I’ve sent a few bits off to some male buyers as OH wanted a couple of RL shirts shifting. No scruffy slag offers from the chaps so far! Anyway people- great work on this thread- as you were x

PS I view myself as a tidy tart with the expected buyer etiquette 😂

Reactions: 8
Give me strength 😡
I posted a pair of Juicy Couture joggers on Vinted for a tenner a couple of hours ago.
I bought them on EBay a couple of months ago but I’ve never worn them, when I came to try them on they’re too small.
I’ve put them up for a tenner which is one third of what I bought them for- they’re American and from the original Juicy popularity back in the late 90’s/early noughties and they’re in cracking condition for their age.
I put them up for a third of what I paid for them. I had two offers one after the other of 6 quid. Turned both of them down. One of them then comes back and offers 8.50, I politely say no and explain why. Five minutes later she comes back and asks for the waist measurements, so at great personal difficulty (I couldn’t find the tape measure and couldn’t be arsed to look for it 😂) I measure the damn things and she buys at full price! Why not just buy the things at full price in the first place?!

It takes a while for the button to become available (think it’s because Royal Mail aren’t integrated). If you press the info button (top right) and help, go through the options and you can say you’ve received it and it should make the button appear or mark it automatically as received.

Hello ladies. After some advice from you!! I sent an order a couple weeks ago of some boys joggers. Royal mail tracking says they've been delivered, but the buyer had contacted me several times to say they haven't arrived. I've not been able to say much else other than asked her to check the address (correct) and say the tracking says they were delivered. She said she definitely hadn't had them. Yesterday she cancelled the order so my vinted now says I can reupload the item, which I can't as I don't have them! So I'm out of pocket now and she has been refunded - I don't think that's fair!

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Buyer Collected order and pressed everything ok.
Within 1 single minute I get an abrupt message- “leave feedback”
Tempted to block ⭐
I always leave feedback as soon as I mark the item as received (and get really annoyed with Vinted’s automatic email reminders) but I’d be tempted to leave it to auto feedback. What a slag! Can they leave you feedback when you block them? If not, block away!!
---
Hello ladies. After some advice from you!! I sent an order a couple weeks ago of some boys joggers. Royal mail tracking says they've been delivered, but the buyer had contacted me several times to say they haven't arrived. I've not been able to say much else other than asked her to check the address (correct) and say the tracking says they were delivered. She said she definitely hadn't had them. Yesterday she cancelled the order so my vinted now says I can reupload the item, which I can't as I don't have them! So I'm out of pocket now and she has been refunded - I don't think that's fair!
Definitely not fair!! Take screenshots of your chat and of the Royal Mail tracking ASAP and contact Vinted, maybe you can get a refund too? 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Reactions: 7
I turned off Royal Mail for this reason. I've got something due via RM actually. I make an extra point to mark RM parcels as soon as I've checked them ( I do with everything anyways but u guys get what I mean ). Some people are just pure tramps trying to get freebies off people.

Also ffs not vinted but fb marketplace. Fella made me look a right scruffy slag. We've been looking for a mini cooker, he goes on my fb searches local marketplace and finds one. Tell me now this prick goes and messages the sellers asking for delivery and giving the old I have disabled kids line. I sware I could of throttled him. He's like whats wrong they will feel sorry for you and probably give it you for cheaper. I had to explain you just DONT do things like that!

Reactions: 13
I turned off Royal Mail for this reason. I've got something due via RM actually. I make an extra point to mark RM parcels as soon as I've checked them ( I do with everything anyways but u guys get what I mean ). Some people are just pure tramps trying to get freebies off people.

Also ffs not vinted but fb marketplace. Fella made me look a right scruffy slag. We've been looking for a mini cooker, he goes on my fb searches local marketplace and finds one. Tell me now this prick goes and messages the sellers asking for delivery and giving the old I have disabled kids line. I sware I could of throttled him. He's like whats wrong they will feel sorry for you and probably give it you for cheaper. I had to explain you just DONT do things like that!
One of my sisters always tries to get me to use the i have a disabled kid line to get what i want 🤦🏼‍♀️ No dear sister i am not that kind of scruff

One of my sisters always tries to get me to use the i have a disabled kid line to get what i want 🤦🏼‍♀️ No dear sister i am not that kind of scruff
Haha I just couldn't. Funny enough the seller never replied. Great now I'm known in marketplace circles as a scruffy slag. 😂😂😂

• Haha
The other thing which really annoys me with pictures is for example a baby sleepsuit and they’ve got it folded in half? I want to see the whole thing.
Or I’ve also been finding people taking pictures of tops too close up so you can’t tell if it’s long or short sleeve 🙃

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.