Selling on Depop and Vinted #10 Scruffy slags should bide their time, for this is Vinted, not Amazon Prime

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone went to buy something and there's no buy button just favourite and share?
That happens if they don’t have the right postage option; it happened to me when i had an eyeshadow pallette for sale & only had evri switched on, it needed to go with royal mail

Reactions: 2
think iv just encountered my first sketchy seller- new user with only 5 reviews (buying and selling) bought a pair of boots off them…. They send me their version of proof of purchase (a photo of a package with my address on) … iv asked them 3 times for proper tracking details and they’re ignoring me…. But have been online …. Hmmmm

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I’ve had someone quite local to me ask if I can meet her with an item to save her on postage.

It’s only £1 and I don’t know if I can be @rsed. Not sure how it would even work with payment.

Has anyone had this before? I kinda want to block 😂

I’ve had someone quite local to me ask if I can meet her with an item to save her on postage.

It’s only £1 and I don’t know if I can be @rsed. Not sure how it would even work with payment.

I sold a high value item F2F before, they paid cash and came to collect from my house. It saved her loads in fees and saved me the ballache of trying to figure out how I would post said item 😂

Reactions: 5

I’ve done this before. You can still do it through vinted, or you could when I did it.

I cant remember exactly how I did it, but there was an option for met in person/collected and then it marked the item as sold.

Sorry not much help really am I ? 🙈😂

I made the mistake (again) of joining a like for like thread because my Vinted is absolutely dead….now I feel like throwing myself off a cliff 😫🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Deffo block. People are so weird 🤢

If anyone remembers my issue (posted an item, RM tracking says its delivered but seller has cancelled and been refunded, saying it never arrived) heard back off Vinted and I'm really disappointed. Basically as its RM they say I would have to claim off them and they can't do anything to help me as I need to log the parcel as 'lost' I replied and said it isn't lost as the tracking says its delivered and that I really didnt think it was fair the buyer had been refunded but I hadn't. They replied back and said as its a third party seller they cannot help me and they hope I have a brilliant day.
I replied and said, brilliant - next time I order via RM on Vinted I shall claim I never had the parcel knowing you guys will refund me, great idea.
I'm well pissed off and I'm £15 down.

I've changed my settings and have taken RM off my options.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
If anyone remembers my issue (posted an item, RM tracking says its delivered but seller has cancelled and been refunded, saying it never arrived) heard back off Vinted and I'm really disappointed. Basically as its RM they say I would have to claim off them and they can't do anything to help me as I need to log the parcel as 'lost' I replied and said it isn't lost as the tracking says its delivered and that I really didnt think it was fair the buyer had been refunded but I hadn't. They replied back and said as its a third party seller they cannot help me and they hope I have a brilliant day.
I replied and said, brilliant - next time I order via RM on Vinted I shall claim I never had the parcel knowing you guys will refund me, great idea.
I'm well pissed off and I'm £15 down.

I've changed my settings and have taken RM off my options.
It’s so frustrating that they refund the buyer but not the seller, it’s the reason why I don’t use Royal Mail anymore.

The same thing happened to me on eBay. Buyer claimed it was not delivered, RM took months to investigate it so eBay automatically refunded them. RM then said it was marked as delivered so they could not give any compensation.

Strangely enough, something I bought via Royal Mail went ‘missing’ a few months later and eBay refunded me. Weird, right? 👀 Maybe the same will happen to you on Vinted.. it’s the circle of slags 🤫

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
It’s so frustrating that they refund the buyer but not the seller, it’s the reason why I don’t use Royal Mail anymore.

The same thing happened to me on eBay. Buyer claimed it was not delivered, RM took months to investigate it so eBay automatically refunded them. RM then said it was marked as delivered so they could not give any compensation.

Strangely enough, something I bought via Royal Mail went ‘missing’ a few months later and eBay refunded me. Weird, right? 👀 Maybe the same will happen to you on Vinted.. it’s the circle of slags 🤫
Circle of slags 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I bought some boots about a week ago and had a message from the seller at the weekend to say there'd been no available lockers but she'd try posting again. I replied and said no worries, these things happen. They're still not sent. I don't want to be a PITA, but I also don't want the sale to be cancelled!

Yodel have definitely lost a parcel. No updates for 4 days. Their useless live chat just said well delivery is due tomorrow. It has not moved since courier collection. Lets admit it's gone yeah?

• Sad
Nap trapped under a chicken pox covered toddler, so I've used my time wisely and reported loads of bulk bought wooden toy listings from the ALDI event 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Wait til you hear this tidy tarts, something really weird is going on. I listed a jacket yesterday and a potential buyer messaged me asking if I could reserve it until she gets her husband to buy it on his account. I thought this was odd but I replied saying if I reserved it for her, her husband won't be able to see it to buy it but I could reserve for her and then she replied that yes, he couldn't find it "and now he's back in court" (she didn't say if he was working or on trial 😂) and that she would message me when she gets home.... I didn't hear anything more and forgot about it, then I unreserved it this morning when I remembered. She has now messaged me that she is going to make an offer on her husband's account, and then an offer comes through from an account with zero reviews...

What the bloody hell is going on? I can't even think of a reason why they'd want to do it this way but I'm getting major red flags, I don't like it. What do you think?

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Wait til you hear this tidy tarts, something really weird is going on. I listed a jacket yesterday and a potential buyer messaged me asking if I could reserve it until she gets her husband to buy it on his account. I thought this was odd but I replied saying if I reserved it for her, her husband won't be able to see it to buy it but I could reserve for her and then she replied that yes, he couldn't find it "and now he's back in court" (she didn't say if he was working or on trial 😂) and that she would message me when she gets home.... I didn't hear anything more and forgot about it, then I unreserved it this morning when I remembered. She has now messaged me that she is going to make an offer on her husband's account, and then an offer comes through from an account with zero reviews...

What the bloody hell is going on? I can't even think of a reason why they'd want to do it this way but I'm getting major red flags, I don't like it. What do you think?
I think you get free postage when you make your first purchase on Vinted - that’s a lot of effort though just to save a few quid!

Reactions: 9
I think you get free postage when you make your first purchase on Vinted - that’s a lot of effort though just to save a few quid!
Oh I see! Thank you, I hadn’t realised that, I was concerned it was some sort of move but sounds like it might be ok in that case!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.