Secret Celebrity Gossip #94

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it true that Bono
1. Was on cocaine in the 90s
2. Cheated on his wife Ali with Andrea Corr (and possibly others)

Heard these third hand rumours many times, but has anyone got more first hand info.
I think it would be more gossip worthy if it was revealed that Bono (or any other pop star in the 90s for that matter!) hadn’t been on cocaine!

• Haha
Reactions: 43
There's also Phil Lynott and Andrea Corr just before he passed away.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I am aware that she would have been very young. I heard this from someone who knew Phil over many years.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
yes they def had an affair. Was on popbitch. I remember them being papped together in a car back in the day.
me too! wasn’t “the sweetest thing” written as an apology to his wife for being found out?

• Wow
Reactions: 26
me too! wasn’t “the sweetest thing” written as an apology to his wife for being found out?
I think the Sweetest Thing was actually on one of their earlier albums in the 80s but they re-released it in the 90s. So maybe not necessarily about Andrea. I remember he claimed he wrote it because he forgot his wives birthday. I smell bullshit.

Reactions: 26
I think the Sweetest Thing was actually on one of their earlier albums in the 80s but they re-released it in the 90s. So maybe not necessarily about Andrea. I remember he claimed he wrote it because he forgot his wives birthday. I smell bullshit.
oooo thanks! i remembered reading that somewhere because it’s an obvious apology song (and the video even more so) - a bit ott for a forgotten birthday i agree 🤣

Reactions: 9
There would be no mention of the mothers if he’s used a surrogacy agency.
There wasn't even a mention of them being born through surrogacy. These kids seemed to appear from nowhere, well his eldest anyway. There may have been mention of surrogacy for the twins.

Reactions: 8
I am aware that she would have been very young. I heard this from someone who knew Phil over many years.
Everyone "knew Phil" and was best mates with his ma. I really don't think this is true at all. He never would have even had the chance to cross paths with her.

This wasn't London in the 60s. She's from Dundalk 😆

On Bono. Apparently him and his wife have an open marriage. The Andrea Corr thing is true but it wasn't an affair. There was a rumour that he, Ali and Helena Christiansen were a throuple. There's millions of pictures of Ali and Helena together and I've definitely seen a picture of him kissing Helena's shoulder with Ali beside him and their kids around.

So it's not unscrupulous. Just different. 😆

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 41
There wasn't even a mention of them being born through surrogacy. These kids seemed to appear from nowhere, well his eldest anyway. There may have been mention of surrogacy for the twins.
the first twins were definitely confirmed as a surrogate.

the origins of the eldest are more shady though. i definitely remember her being referred to as an american waitress who have up rights to the child, but that implies a one night stand that he somehow kept track of. as someone else mentioned above, stories also said she was actually british. i guess we’ll never know!

Reactions: 12
I don't know how they would have crossed paths. Andrea would only have been 12 at the time and not yet in the music industry. The implication here is that Philo was a raging paedophile. I haven't heard this before. He was a womaniser certainly but never heard of any underage activity and would be shocked if so.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I don't know how they would have crossed paths. Andrea would only have been 12 at the time and not yet in the music industry. The implication here is that Philo was a raging paedophile. I haven't heard this before.
Phil lived in the UK for years and died there, Andrea would be a schoolgirl in Dundalk who would have turned 12 the April after he died in a country he'd resided in for many years. Years before Internet. Not even remotely possible.

Reactions: 42
I don't know how they would have crossed paths. Andrea would only have been 12 at the time and not yet in the music industry. The implication here is that Philo was a raging paedophile. I haven't heard this before.
Yes, he was a lot of things but that he wasn't! It literally doesn't make any sense her mam was a pub singer singing only in pubs in Dundalk so it's not like they were being dragged around to music venues and exclusive bars in Dublin. And he was not knocking around auld lad pubs in Dundalk either. By all accounts she had a totally normal childhood and teen years with exception of a slot on an RTE show before they were famous and a role in The Committments when she 18 or 19 which she got off the back of the RTE slot.

It's one of the biggest BS rumours I've ever heard because it just makes absolutely no sense. Either people got Bono and Phil confused or someone plucked it out of their backside. I saw it come up on these threads before but I never heard it anywhere else before that.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Phil lived in the UK for years and died there, Andrea would be a schoolgirl in Dundalk who would have turned 12 the April after he died in a country he'd resided in for many years. Years before Internet. Not even remotely possible.
There's more chance that Phil encountered Lorraine's Growler.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.