Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Moongirl69

VIP Member
Re Bono a friend told me a story of a U2 concert in Glasgow where Bono did a slow clap and said "every time I clap my hands a child dies in Africa".
Some guy in the audience shouted "stop fkn doing it then" 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 127

Hollie Day

VIP Member
Surrogacy is a form of human trafficking that sadly seems to have been made more socially accceptable as the years go on.

Nine times out of ten it's poor women being exploited or women from poor families who are forced or put under pressure to rent out their wombs, sometimes repeatedly.
I'm sure there are women who aren't forced and who do make informed choices to be a surrogate (paid or unpaid) but it is still human trafficking.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 90

EnjoyingTheShow

Chatty Member
I’m sad that Matthew Perry self imploded. But this is so off the mark, cruel and uncalled for, that it makes me think he’s either not properly recovered, or is actually quite a self centred and nasty person with or without all the substances.
No wonder his co stars seemed embarrassed by him at that reunion. I feel like I’ve seen a glimpse of the real M Perry, and it’s not nice.

Could he BE anymore of a twat?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 85

caroleffinbaskin

VIP Member
I‘m not policing, honest, but can we just put to bed the rumour about Phil Lynott and Andrea Corr please? Repeating this, given her age at the time, is besmirching his memory by basically labelling him a pedalo. I know we like a laugh and a joke but this isn’t funny in my eyes.

• Heart
Reactions: 81

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
I’m sad that Matthew Perry self imploded. But this is so off the mark, cruel and uncalled for, that it makes me think he’s either not properly recovered, or is actually quite a self centred and nasty person with or without all the substances.
No wonder his co stars seemed embarrassed by him at that reunion. I feel like I’ve seen a glimpse of the real M Perry, and it’s not nice.
River Phoenix died because he was a druggie. Chris Farley also died because he was a druggie. Both self inflicted deaths.

keanu reeves is alive and still working as a successful actor because he’s not a druggie bellend like the two aforementioned.

MP needs to just shut up. I have no sympathy for him. He’s a self indulgent baby who has squandered MILLIONS of dollars on drugs and booze, ruined his life & career and now what, he wants everyone’s sympathy?

• Heart
Reactions: 77

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
I always thought it was strange that Ronaldo had his first two kids through surrogacy. It just seemed odd that a young lad with a decent football career wanted a couple of kids too, but no babymuma or even missus in the picture.

I can't put my finger on why I found it weird, just gives me heeby jeebies. Dunno why.

Reactions: 76

upyernelly

Chatty Member
Transnational gestational surrogacy is a human rights violation.
In India brown women are held in dormitories until they have birthed white babies for wealthy foreigners for minimum cash after the fixers have taken their cut.
In America impoverished military wives are the biggest surrogates as they have access to ‘free’ healthcare but no one talks about the contracts which give the surrogate parents the right over the womens life in an emergency they are called to decide baby or vessel?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 75

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I think that Ronaldo looks like a Ken Doll that was left too close to a gas fire and melted.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73

Coniferhedge

Chatty Member
My first concert was A-ha and my first albums were Madonna, The First Album and Like a Virgin. Even as a youngster I was too tight to buy singles. Albums offered more value for money!

The worst concert I ever went to was Elton John. It was the early 90’s and he was doing his ‘The One’ tour. He’d just started wearing a wig and, as I think most people know, Elton can be rather touchy about his hair, amongst many things. Anyway, he comes on stage and does the first couple of songs, then has a chat with the audience, seemingly in good spirits. Then he announces what song he is going to do next and, in that very short space of silence while everyone gets ready to play somebody in the audience bellowed ‘GET THAT FUCKING WIG OFF!’ There was a sharp intake of breath by the entire audience, it was so loud and he obviously heard it because, even though it was in an arena, you could feel the atmosphere shift and Elton changed. He didn’t kick off, but he went through all his set list one after the other, no more chat to the audience, just very business like, banged them all out and then at the end jumped off his piano stool, straight off stage and onto his waiting helicopter and buggered off. No encore, nothing. And the moral of this story is, don’t mention Elton’s syrup at a concert. 😁

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 69

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
This Morning is steaming pile of shit which employs some very dodgy people. The sooner it’s axed the better.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 67

caroleffinbaskin

VIP Member
Must be summat wrong with me but I never 'got' Marlon Brando, but maybe that's because the first few times I saw him, he was older and obese. Looking at his younger photos, I can see he had 'something' but not the sort I would have drooled over.
Brando was a piece of shit in real life, he raped and impregnated his DAUGHTER many times and forced her to have abortions. He was one sick bastard.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 66
Well, I have also fucked a Bellamy. David Bellamy. He was hot as FUCK and totally seduced me with that 'weally sexy voice'. Ripped as hell and an amazing kisser.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64

BigBrenda

Chatty Member
Someone upthread mentioned Richard Gere and it always makes me laugh when I hear his name. My aunt bless her, was head over heels for this bloke she met and was telling us all about him. She said he’s absolutely gorgeous, and the spitting image of Richard Gere. Anyway a few weeks later she brings over a man to meet us, who I can only describe as looking like Gandalf. My dad was pissed as a fart and couldn’t stop laughing when he walked in and said “sorry mate I’m not being rude but she told us, you looked like Richard Gere and clearly that’s a load of bollocks”.
The bloke was fuming and called my dad a nutter and stormed out the house 😭. And it actually turned out he was the nutter as he used to drive round in a taxi pretending he was out doing jobs, when in fact he was driving up to dogging sites in it shagging about and just generally being a massive wanker. Glad she got rid of him. Sorry for de railing the thread 🤦🏽‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 64