Secret Celebrity Gossip #93

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Talking of Biggins, I met him at Gatwick airport, not long after he won I’m a Celeb. He was in the queue behind me, drawing no attention to himself, and at first I thought I shouldn’t disturb him. But as we got nearer the top I risked turning round and saying hello, and he couldn’t have been nicer. He chatted about his holiday, he was going to Sardinia and told me I should go one day, it’s beautiful. I congratulated him on his win and he seemed genuinely thankful. All in all, just a really nice random meeting.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
My dad was pub mates with Bradley Walsh and always spoke very highly of him. I think he was mostly friends with his dad but Bradley would join them for drinks.
My former boss worked with Bradley at Rolls Royce back in the day and still see's him from time to time, he always said that what you see with Bradley Walsh is what you get, he is a down to earth guy, once when they were out for a drink in London, Bradley was constantly stopped / interrupted by people who wanted selfies/autographs and not once did he turn anyone down, chatting to them even when he was trying to eat his meal. When I mentioned to my boss that I was taking my daughter to the panto that Bradley was in (few years ago) he told Bradley and at one point in the panto Bradley gave a shout out to my daughter who thought that was great, she still mentions it now. It's always good to hear that there are some decent famous people

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Back in 2014, I got to meet and make gingerbread men at Christmas with Fabian Delph, Ron Vlaar, Ciaran Clarke, Aly Cissokho and Shay Given when they came to meet some of children at the Acorns hospice I was working at, at the time. All lovely.
Shay Given is indeed very lovely. He used to go to the same church as one of my friends when he was at Newcastle and we had a good old chat when I discovered he came from the same part of Ireland as my family.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Apparently Benedict Cumberbatch has. He seems like an all round good egg. There’s so many nice things said about him by people who’ve worked with him and met him. Restaurant staff seem to love him. There’s loads of selfies with him in restaurant kitchens after he’s asked to go back there to thank the staff. I started off being a fan of his as an actor but have heard and read so many nice things about him that now I think I’d really like him as a person too. Another huge point in his favour for me is the Daily Mail hates him for being a “luvvie leftie.” 😀
cumberbatch also frequently appears in the “nicest celebrity you’ve ever met” reddit threads, which i always think is a good sign 🤣 one girl there spoke about having a bad fall at (i think) the british museum and a man stopping to help her gather up everything from her bag, checking she was okay, walking her to security for help etc - only after he left did she realise it was him.

Reactions: 27
Weak tea to avoid revealing myself but I worked with/for a lot of people ages ago and have an extensive list of nice/not nice and normal!

One of the most bitchy was Natalie Appleton from All Saints who really thought she was something special and spent her time laughing at "the people doing their little jobs" and loudly talking about how she could never "serve" other people like "the help are" (referring to anyone who was not famous in the room. Shaznay was absolutely lovely and really almost apologetic when she had to ask for anything.

Lee Evans was so lovely and really normal. Made me want to be his friend but I think it would have terrified him as he seemed quite shy!

Also found all of Blue lovely - apart from Duncan who was arrogant. I thought Lee would be an arse but he was really sweet and Simon was stunning in person
This surprises me as I read the Appleton’s autobiography and Shaznay sounded like an awful human being to them! I’m glad to hear she’s nicer than that.

Reactions: 10
Talking of Biggins, I met him at Gatwick airport, not long after he won I’m a Celeb. He was in the queue behind me, drawing no attention to himself, and at first I thought I shouldn’t disturb him. But as we got nearer the top I risked turning round and saying hello, and he couldn’t have been nicer. He chatted about his holiday, he was going to Sardinia and told me I should go one day, it’s beautiful. I congratulated him on his win and he seemed genuinely thankful. All in all, just a really nice random meeting.
That's nice to know but when he was on the I'm a Celeb his awful wheezing put me off him, I know he probably can't help it but was he like that in the queue in Gatwick.?

• Haha
Reactions: 1
That celeb big bro with Lee Ryan was iconic, honestly the best reality tv. The love triangle 🤣🤣
I will never forget when he was in an awkward situation and didn't like the way the conversation was going. He suddenly said 'Anyway. Got to go.' and walked off. My hubby and I laughed so much because we thought 'where's he going? He's in the BB house'!! . Needless to say that expression has lived on in this house for years.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
This is exactly what I was thinking 😆😆

On some of the other comments, I've been out with the Appletons both are so boring tbh. Hoity feckers who love to think they are massive superstars and drink in the paps attention at the likes of Cirque Le Soir and Soho house.

Mel Blatt is cool as duck but I have to admit I fancy her so anytime I'm near her I'm like 🥺
Never met Shaznay. Not sure she is mates with the others really and I've never clocked her out and about.

I've worked with Blue a few times and they're all actually very nice with the exception of Lee. He's just not likeable, nothing in particular, just not great. Duncan is especially lovely and we stay in touch (in my line they rarely make friends with us)

Saw a mention of Davina not being nice to non-celebs. Not having it. She must have been having a bad day that day and didn't want to chat to anyone or something because she is so nice. She's like everyone in the rooms mum.

Reactions: 13
I’ve never met the Appleton sisters (or Mel and Shaz) but I loved their album. I’d say It’s probably one of my favourite albums ever.

I have met Amelle Berrabah who was lovely.

Reactions: 5
That's nice to know but when he was on the I'm a Celeb his awful wheezing put me off him, I know he probably can't help it but was he like that in the queue in Gatwick.?
He epitomises the insincere celebrity for me. He laughs at absolutely everything, says everything is wonderful, but probably thinks it's all garbage. I know that's way better socially than acting like a jerk, but it still turns me off completely.

Reactions: 8
Years ago when Blue where at the height of their fame I went to a pizza express with my family near where he lived. The place was empty apart rom us. Next thing in walks Duncan come to collect a pizza and wearing hat and dark glasses being so inconspicuous that he was conspicuous 🤣

I just looked at him and thought 'twit'.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
He epitomises the insincere celebrity for me. He laughs at absolutely everything, says everything is wonderful, but probably thinks it's all garbage. I know that's way better socially than acting like a jerk, but it still turns me off completely.
I agree, his wheezing and laughing was very off putting and I suppose its nice that he is pleasant but I doubt his sincerity.

Reactions: 2
I sat next to Lee Ryan in a burger place in Kensington a few years back. Very low key. Didn’t draw attention to himself, polite to staff.

Reactions: 6
This surprises me as I read the Appleton’s autobiography and Shaznay sounded like an awful human being to them! I’m glad to hear she’s nicer than that.
I always got the impression Shaznay was a bit shyer than the others and less comfortable with the 'celeb' life of going around clubs and being papped etc. I remember she was the only group member who declined to appear in the flop movie 'Honest' with Natalie, Nicole and Mel. Shaznay seemed pretty private and also wrote many of the songs I think. So not surprised she didn't gel with the Appletons.

I'm trying to remember, when All Saints split first time and had an almighty row, was Mel on the Shaznay side or Appleton side, or somewhere in between?

I looked at Shaznay IG and the four girls do seem to be on better terms now.

Reactions: 10
Years ago when Blue where at the height of their fame I went to a pizza express with my family near where he lived. The place was empty apart rom us. Next thing in walks Duncan come to collect a pizza and wearing hat and dark glasses being so inconspicuous and he was conspicuous 🤣

I just looked at him and thought 'twit'.
Reminds me of when I saw Leslie Crowther (yes yes I am THAT old) wandering around Cardiff in dark glasses and what looked like a flasher raincoat looking around furtively to see if he was being recognised, nobody paid him a blind bit of notice!!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
He was an appalling snob on I'm a celeb....turned me right off him.
I'm sure when he was on I'm a Celebrity they all had to do a group task which involved being given a small electric shock if they got a question wrong or similar, and he refused to do it, and said in his posh voice "Oh no I don't do electricity", me and my husband always say this whenever he pops up on TV :)

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I always got the impression Shaznay was a bit shyer than the others and less comfortable with the 'celeb' life of going around clubs and being papped etc. I remember she was the only group member who declined to appear in the flop movie 'Honest' with Natalie, Nicole and Mel. Shaznay seemed pretty private and also wrote many of the songs I think. So not surprised she didn't gel with the Appletons.
I'm trying to remember, when All Saints split first time and had an almighty row, was Mel on the Shaznay side or Appleton side, or somewhere in between?
Mel was on Shaznay’s side. This is how the Appletons told it in their autobiography -

Nicole, Mel and Shaznay were the original members. Eventually Natalie joined and not long after Mel would start speaking negatively about Shaznay behind her back. One day when they were all out for dinner Natalie brought it up (hoping that they could all move past it and be friends) and from that day on Mel never forgave her. Later on Mel announced her pregnancy and Shaznay wasn’t pleased. Not long after on the same day Nicole announced hers and Shaznay hit the roof. The label forced Nicole into having an abortion and Shaznay / Mel started singling them out. It went from not inviting them to parties, to ignoring Nicole when she was in tears after her cat had swallowed a needle.

We’ll never know what happened, however it is nice to see that they’re on good terms now.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.