Secret Celebrity Gossip #85

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she is referring to Dustin Lance Black, Tom Daley’s husband.
Although we could go full-on Tattle confusion and drag Dustin Hoffman into it.
Thank you. I thought his name was just Lance! I had even googled it to check but the site I looked at must have just had his surname. I was thinking Dustin Diamond had made an appearance which really confused me because he's dead.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The new Marilyn Monroe filmed is a fictitious film (not autobiographical as some outlets have reported) based on a book of fiction where they shoe horn in a rape scene which never happened to Marilyn.
isn’t it based on the joyce carol oates’ novel blonde? i read it a while back but i don’t think the lead character in it is ever even named as marilyn, just a marilyn adjacent sort of starlet character.

there’s a lot of weird and awful stuff in that book that i can’t imagine in a film tbh.

Reactions: 1
Who remembers The Thornbirds? Can't believe Bryan is 75!
Can’t even begin to tell you how much i loved that book. I was 18 and I’ve never forgotten it. I wasn’t mad about the mini series as I’d read the book first but I still watched it.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It comes from the ' What can I do or say to get myself more followers on TikTok' philosophy. She is talking absolute Shite and is making it harder for people to point out actual genuinely offensive ' blackface ' Hilaria Baldwin by being a self publicising twit.
Bit in bold, YES! It’s why the Daily Mail picked it up, they love an excuse to downplay actual racism.

Reactions: 12
Reactions: 2
It comes from the ' What can I do or say to get myself more followers on TikTok' philosophy. She is talking absolute Shite and is making it harder for people to point out actual genuinely offensive ' blackface ' Hilaria Baldwin by being a self publicising twit.
I think TikTok can give a lot of uneducated North Americans on TikTok (not putting North Americans all in one basket btw) a huge voice trying to gatekeep black culture incorrectly and then other uneducated people think it’s gospal. I’m shocked to see how many people on TikTok think everyone who is black is “African American”, they know no other culture and therefore it doesn’t exist in their minds. I saw one TikTok of a black British Man being told “oh I though you was black” when he spoke to a cop in NYC. Anyway, waaaaay off topic. But TikTok can be detrimental to the movement by people like her, I’m sure she posted another one saying no white people can watch Black Panther or something wild.

Reactions: 8
I think TikTok can give a lot of uneducated North Americans on TikTok (not putting North Americans all in one basket btw) a huge voice trying to gatekeep black culture incorrectly and then other uneducated people think it’s gospal. I’m shocked to see how many people on TikTok think everyone who is black is “African American”, they know no other culture and therefore it doesn’t exist in their minds. I saw one TikTok of a black British Man being told “oh I though you was black” when he spoke to a cop in NYC. Anyway, waaaaay off topic. But TikTok can be detrimental to the movement by people like her, I’m sure she posted another one saying no white people can watch Black Panther or something wild.
So sick of mini dictators on social media policing what people can say or do. You wouldn’t listen to them if you were sitting with them in a room, just because social media has provided them with the means, doesn’t mean we should all listen to them. Ignoring their “wisdom” is the best thing, giving them publicity like the Mail has feeds into their egotism and delusions that they are worth listening to.

Reactions: 19
So sick of mini dictators on social media policing what people can say or do. You wouldn’t listen to them if you were sitting with them in a room, just because social media has provided them with the means, doesn’t mean we should all listen to them. Ignoring their “wisdom” is the best thing, giving them publicity like the Mail has feeds into their egotism and delusions that they are worth listening to.
Gonna sound like an old lady here (I am one!) but this is a natural consequence of the social justice movement that has captured so many young - and not so young - people. Everything is framed as oppressor vs. the oppressed.

To be marginalised actually gives someone more social cachet than anything else, which is why we now have young people adopting “queer” identities even though they’re heterosexual, self-identifying as disabled and trans etc etc.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 38
Drew Barrymore has been accused of colonialism due to the video she posted of her enjoying a rainstorm. A person on tiktok claims she’s copied a trend dubbed 'black men frolicking.' Someone called amushroomblackly said ‘you and I both know you are capable of enjoying the rain, frolicking freely, without filming it and posting it to TikTok.’ And that she’s part of a group that 'just go out of their way to disrespect and dismiss the boundaries that black creators have set’ and that Drew had ‘opened the floodgates for people who disrespect black creators.'

Wtf is wrong with people 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 6
The new Marilyn Monroe filmed is a fictitious film (not autobiographical as some outlets have reported) based on a book of fiction where they shoe horn in a rape scene which never happened to Marilyn.
There was a previous biography that claimed she was sexually assaulted by a woman, if I'm remembering correctly.

I'm also reminded of the book / film My Week With Marylin, which was basically Colin Clark making tit up, or at the very least exaggerating. Although given his brother's attitude to the truth at times, in both military history and politics, thats perhaps not that surprising. Funnily enough they didn't get on that well at times.

Reactions: 2
Gonna sound like an old lady here (I am one!) but this is a natural consequence of the social justice movement that has captured so many young - and not so young - people. Everything is framed as oppressor vs. the oppressed.

To be marginalised actually gives someone more social cachet than anything else, which is why we now have young people adopting “queer” identities even though they’re heterosexual, self-identifying as disabled and trans etc etc.
There's nothing where this is more obvious than with neo-pronouns- Ze/Zir and Fae/Faer etc...

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
You don't really see much in the way of neo-pronouns now. Seems to have been a very short lived thing.

Reactions: 1
I remember The Thorn Birds! I was a bit young at the time, but I remember it being on - my Mum loved it. Around that time (early 80s) quite a lot of the big bestsellers we’re televised. I remember Lace with Phoebe Cates and A Woman of Substance with Jenny Seagrave. There were also a few of Jackie Collins’ books done, Hollywood Wives was one, and maybe a couple of Jilly Cooper’s. Incidentally, I’m sure I read the other day that Riders is getting a reboot by some channel, can’t remember which.

ETA: Sorry, it’s Rivals and it’s Disney+ who are going to do it.

Ooh! You're taking me down a rabbit hole. Seems that you can watch Thornbirds on Amazon Prime.

I also vaguely remember a book about a poor relation. Might have been Scruples by Judith Krantz.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Sounds like we grew up in the same era.... "Which of you witches is my mother?" :D
Yes! I’m 50 now. I always remember back when I was a teen, somebody had nicked their Mum’s copy of Lace and brought it in to school (we were all about 13/14 I reckon) and it got passed around so much for everyone to read the dirty bits, that it got to the stage that if the book was dropped it literally fell open at a raunchy scene! I remember a goldfish in one, and maybe something to do with Alka Seltzers?! 😱😂

To be honest, I read it again a couple of years ago for the nostalgia. I enjoyed it as more innocent times, by which I mean no mobile phones or internet…people making their own entertainment….with Alka Seltzers!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Just going to say that that is awful and I do feel for her having to go through that.

Now the bitchy bit. Just seen her husband for the first time. She's punching isn't she?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.