Secret Celebrity Gossip #85

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Really beyond sick of r*pe being included in plotlines in virtually every film and TV show these days, trying to be "edgy". I actively boycott any film/show I know is going to have those scenes and anything to do with violence/murder against women and children.
You miss a lot of tv then. Every bloody show seems to feature this.

Reactions: 3
I remember The Thorn Birds! I was a bit young at the time, but I remember it being on - my Mum loved it. Around that time (early 80s) quite a lot of the big bestsellers we’re televised. I remember Lace with Phoebe Cates and A Woman of Substance with Jenny Seagrave. There were also a few of Jackie Collins’ books done, Hollywood Wives was one, and maybe a couple of Jilly Cooper’s. Incidentally, I’m sure I read the other day that Riders is getting a reboot by some channel, can’t remember which.
the book is wonderful. Complete escapism.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Drew Barrymore has been accused of colonialism due to the video she posted of her enjoying a rainstorm. A person on tiktok claims she’s copied a trend dubbed 'black men frolicking.' Someone called amushroomblackly said ‘you and I both know you are capable of enjoying the rain, frolicking freely, without filming it and posting it to TikTok.’ And that she’s part of a group that 'just go out of their way to disrespect and dismiss the boundaries that black creators have set’ and that Drew had ‘opened the floodgates for people who disrespect black creators.'

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Drew Barrymore has been accused of colonialism due to the video she posted of her enjoying a rainstorm. A person on tiktok claims she’s copied a trend dubbed 'black men frolicking.' Someone called amushroomblackly said ‘you and I both know you are capable of enjoying the rain, frolicking freely, without filming it and posting it to TikTok.’ And that she’s part of a group that 'just go out of their way to disrespect and dismiss the boundaries that black creators have set’ and that Drew had ‘opened the floodgates for people who disrespect black creators.'

Wtf did I just read?

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Sigh…..

Reactions: 17
I've seen a few people say they think that all the fuss around Don't Worry Darling is all just publicity for the film but if it is it's not great publicity, is it?

Olivia looks like a liar and clout chaser who immediately drops her female colleagues in it the second it's convenient for her despite honking on about what a feminist she is.

I'm anticipating that anyone who criticises her for this will be called a misogynist or accused of being one of Harry's weird stalkers who dislike her (they are lunatics to be fair and have made up so many lies about her that this is likely to get buried).

Reactions: 22

What a twit! (Not Drew, the other women).

Reactions: 23
Olivia wilde I making herself utterly problematic with this film too by claiming that the sex scenes are 'empowering to women' when first reports of it state that because of the theme of the film, they're actually all rape.
Florence Pugh seems to be distancing herself from it before it's been released.
yep! and even more so apparently. though wilde is so patronising about her in that clip with the “miss flo” nonsense. i’d probably do the same:

this is one of the two movies wb can afford to release this year too. not going well!

Reactions: 9

Apparently the woman's tiktok about Drew is full of black people saying she's talking shite. Personally i hate hearing white people using "blaccents" and terminology from black culture, but afaik enjoying the rain and posting it on the internet is not black culture. There was no need for the daily mail to even pick this story up, your one is a pseudointellectual adopting the style of other black women creators who do exceptionally well on Instagram and tiktok

Reactions: 21
That’s a shame because the trailer for the movie looks brilliant.
You think? I thought it looked like trash tbh.

Is Marilyn Monroe actually meant to be Cuban in it? For some kinda weird art house reason or something?

Or is Ana de Armas literally just unable to do a US accent and, if so, why is she in this film/pretending to be an American in any film ever? Where there really no actresses around actually able to do her accent, even slightly?

Just odd.

Reactions: 9
You think? I thought it looked like trash tbh.

Is Marilyn Monroe actually meant to be Cuban in it? For some kinda weird art house reason or something?

Or is Ana de Armas literally just unable to do a US accent and, if so, why is she in this film/pretending to be an American in any film ever? Where there really no actresses around actually able to do her accent, even slightly?

Just odd.
She looks a like Marilyn but the voice just isn’t it. The book they are basing it on is fiction, no idea why they didn’t just do a proper autobiography. Some of the things the director has said has been a bit off too.

Reactions: 4

It's not often that I'm GENUINELY baffled by something (I often see or read things that I disagree with, but I do understand where they're coming from to a certain extent) but this has got me completely stumped. To the point I messaged a friend of mine in the states yesterday saying 'Am I just too European to understand this?' And she replied 'Nope, we don't get it over here either'
I went and watched this woman's tiktok in an effort to try and work out what she meant, and nope, I'm bleeping stumped.
(And yes, her tiktok is full of people saying 'WTF are you talking about??' )

Reactions: 18
I remember The Thorn Birds! I was a bit young at the time, but I remember it being on - my Mum loved it. Around that time (early 80s) quite a lot of the big bestsellers we’re televised. I remember Lace with Phoebe Cates and A Woman of Substance with Jenny Seagrave. There were also a few of Jackie Collins’ books done, Hollywood Wives was one, and maybe a couple of Jilly Cooper’s. Incidentally, I’m sure I read the other day that Riders is getting a reboot by some channel, can’t remember which.

ETA: Sorry, it’s Rivals and it’s Disney+ who are going to do it.

Sounds like we grew up in the same era.... "Which of you witches is my mother?" :D

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
not often that I'm GENUINELY baffled by something (I often see or read things that I disagree with, but I do understand where they're coming from to a certain extent) but this has got me completely stumped. T
It comes from the ' What can I do or say to get myself more followers on TikTok' philosophy. She is talking absolute Shite and is making it harder for people to point out actual genuinely offensive ' blackface ' Hilaria Baldwin by being a self publicising twit.

How bleeping dare they? How disrespectful and offensive.
I hope the restaurant supported their staff member by barring them from ever going there again.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15

Reminds me of this quote

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.