Secret Celebrity Gossip #83

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Watching the Commonwealth Games last night I had a vague memory the Liz McColghan had some history with domestic abuse. Had a quick google but its all stories about her daughter winning gold, does anyone remember? Or have I got her confused with someone else?
She’s married to a coach now. The athletics world seems quite incestuous

Reactions: 2
Victoria Wood, whose comedy I loved, seemed quite a cold person. I am probably way off the mark, shyness can display as froideur, but just the smile never really reached the eyes. I have her autobiography to read but haven’t got round to it yet.
There are numerous stories of her being very rude as well. I can’t remember who the comedian was who approached her to say she was a huge fan and VW just glared at her? Possibly Sarah Milican.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Watching the Commonwealth Games last night I had a vague memory the Liz McColghan had some history with domestic abuse. Had a quick google but its all stories about her daughter winning gold, does anyone remember? Or have I got her confused with someone else?
She was accused of attacking her first husband but was cleared. He was also accused of spying on her as he suspected she was having an affair. Her first husband was a top athlete too - steeplechase runner if I remember correctly.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Just saw that Dane Cook is engaged to his 23 year old girlfriend. He's really puffy looking now:
Just spent 20 mins of my life finding out who he is! Never heard of him...but gives me that Doug/Courtney Stodden vibes.

Love is love...I get you can be wowed in love. And sometimes it goes against the grain. But the advertised date of starting dating when she was 18 and he 45 makes it a little uncomfortable in the real world.

I also think every sentence you read seems to lay out the fact she was 18 when they first started dating. Says to me it was earlier and his lawyer has made sure everyone reads the point over and over.

As an aside he seems to look very different to what he did a few years back....a little tweaking here and there doesn't seem to have enhanced him in a positive way!

Reactions: 12
She was accused of attacking her first husband but was cleared. He was also accused of spying on her as he suspected she was having an affair. Her first husband was a top athlete too - steeplechase runner if I remember correctly.

Guess it’s true what they say about mud sticks then. I remembers the accusation but not the conclusion.

Reactions: 6
I always remember her as being married to a very controlling man which it states in the article.
I once knew a very nice girl who was married to a similar type who used to turn up on our nights out and sit there totally silent in the midst of our group in the wine bar/pub. Really killed the vibe. She ended up being seriously mentally ill, but escaped him when her work sent her miles away on a 2 week course and she met someone else. I can see it in Liz's ex husband's face just looking at him. 😠

• Sad
Reactions: 13
There are numerous stories of her being very rude as well. I can’t remember who the comedian was who approached her to say she was a huge fan and VW just glared at her? Possibly Sarah Milican.
No I believe it was Diane Morgan if I remember rightly. She was gutted.

Reactions: 5
Victoria Wood was hugely talented but I don’t think she was a very nice person. I remember seeing her and Julie Walters on a TV news clip about the press launch for the stage show of Acorn Antiques. A young photographer was taking a shot of her and Julie Walters. He was maybe taking a bit too long to set up the shot and Wood was really unpleasant and sarcastic to him whereas Walters was lovely and clearly trying hard to make him feel comfortable and also encourage VW to back off. The memory has stayed with me I think because I was surprised and disappointed by VW’s behaviour: I suppose you always kind of hope “stars” you admire will be nice people. Plus I thought that it was a very revealing moment about both women.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Were showers that common in 1980? Wasn't it more strip wash and the odd bath then?
Exactly. Didn't shower for four days?! 🤷‍♂️ I've gone longer! Especially back in the 80s and 90s. Not cleaning her teeth, that's a bit different, but would she have had her own toothbrush?

• Sick
Reactions: 8
Victoria Wood was hugely talented but I don’t think she was a very nice person. I remember seeing her and Julie Walters on a TV news clip about the press launch for the stage show of Acorn Antiques. A young photographer was taking a shot of her and Julie Walters. He was maybe taking a bit too long to set up the shot and Wood was really unpleasant and sarcastic to him whereas Walters was lovely and clearly trying hard to make him feel comfortable and also encourage VW to back off. The memory has stayed with me I think because I was surprised and disappointed by VW’s behaviour: I suppose you always kind of hope “stars” you admire will be nice people. Plus I thought that it was a very revealing moment about both women.
Really disappointed to hear all of this. I adored her , watched everything she did and went to the Royal Albert to see her stand up show. My dad also saw her outside Selfridges talking to a young male and asked for her autograph, she obliged . My dad said she seemed shy.
I confess during interviews occasionally she seemed a bit off, can’t put my finger on it, as though she could be difficult

Reactions: 12
Julie Walters gives off nice vibes.

Really disappointed to hear all of this. I adored her , watched everything she did and went to the Royal Albert to see her stand up show. My dad also saw her outside Selfridges talking to a young male and asked for her autograph, she obliged . My dad said she seemed shy.
I confess during interviews occasionally she seemed a bit off, can’t put my finger on it, as though she could be difficult
In fairness I am shy but to most people I seem standoffish. I am not, I am just a bit awkward.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Julie Walters gives off nice vibes.

In fairness I am shy but to most people I seem standoffish. I am not, I am just a bit awkward.
Oh yes absolutely. It wasn’t a slight I was just stating that my dad said she came across as shy and not cocky, or egotistoical

Reactions: 8
Much as I loved Victoria Wood, she does seem to have had her demons, some of which she was very open about as her life became more public. There was clearly a lot of hurt from her childhood that fed her insecurities but also her genius. I can imagine that as a little girl there was this huge talent bursting to get out but because she was shy, nobody noticed and paid her much attention, which she clearly needed. She has also mentioned the stage she went through of 'letting herself go' by not washing and overeating. I believe she had a lot of therapy to try and work through some of this stuff. I was sad to read, in a book I read about her (forget the title), that in her final days, she was still talking as if she wasn't going to die. She was wanting to write and produce and just wanted her pain to be under control so she could focus. In one sense, she knew the end was coming and in another she was in denial about it, but I guess that's a fairly 'normal' reaction in people who are terminally ill. So sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 30
Much as I loved Victoria Wood, she does seem to have had her demons, some of which she was very open about as her life became more public. There was clearly a lot of hurt from her childhood that fed her insecurities but also her genius. I can imagine that as a little girl there was this huge talent bursting to get out but because she was shy, nobody noticed and paid her much attention, which she clearly needed. She has also mentioned the stage she went through of 'letting herself go' by not washing and overeating. I believe she had a lot of therapy to try and work through some of this stuff. I was sad to read, in a book I read about her (forget the title), that in her final days, she was still talking as if she wasn't going to die. She was wanting to write and produce and just wanted her pain to be under control so she could focus. In one sense, she knew the end was coming and in another she was in denial about it, but I guess that's a fairly 'normal' reaction in people who are terminally ill. So sad.
What she actually wrote about it? I thought it was all very private. Only a handful of family and friends knew she was ill

Reactions: 6
Ooh, Kym Marsh has been announced for this year's Strictly. Think there'll be a lot of people hate-watching that!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Ooh, Kym Marsh has been announced for this year's Strictly. Think there'll be a lot of people hate-watching that!
Unless someone even more irritating than Kim Marsh is announced, I think she’ll be this year’s loo break contestant.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I think that's the measure of a 'celeb' how do they behave when cameras aren't about to their fans. Dirk Benedict was down right horrible, as was Tony Blackburn and Heather Locklear to name a few.
But the nicest were Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Tom Cruise and Rylan (can never remember his surname!)

Reactions: 15
I think that's the measure of a 'celeb' how do they behave when cameras aren't about to their fans. Dirk Benedict was down right horrible, as was Tony Blackburn and Heather Locklear to name a few.
But the nicest were Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Tom Cruise and Rylan (can never remember his surname!)
Awk I’m glad to hear Tom cruise is nice , I know the whole Scientology thing is weird but he does seem to actually be nice to people on a one to one basis from what’s reported on the media :)

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.