Secret Celebrity Gossip #80

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She always wears white, no matter what the occasion and has done for several years. I guess she thinks it makes her seem interesting, whereas in actual fact, she is the dullest of the dull.
After all the unpleasantness about how she actually got with Horner I think it's an attempt on her part to look 'pure and innocent'. It looks odd but I think she thinks shes sending a message

Reactions: 30
She thinks she’s giving off Mother Teresa vibes when in fact she’s still giving off Total bleeping Dimwit vibes.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I'd love to know what happened with the original actor who played Ollie, Aedan Duckworth I think his name was. He just suddenly upped and quit his role without saying why - he was about to do a big storyline where Ollie was getting addicted to drugs, maybe he didn't agree with it? I dunno. I didn't take to the new actor in the role and he's leaving soon anyway.
I heard it was something to do with the actor playing Brooke. He was really brilliant in the role and had just come off the huge storyline with Buster, nominated for awards etc he was definitely axed and his replacement was absolutely awful (and now left I think).

Reactions: 9
I remember that I was living with anorexia at the same time as Mandy Smith and she kept saying she had these rare digestive disorders and allergies (Candida, etc.). She was clearly and painfully anorexic but also very pretty and beautifully made up. It used to make me angry the Press were glamourizing her situation. There is a horrific dark side to anorexia but people, back in the day, were very judgmental of anorexics ('silly little girls with a slimming disease', it's 'self-inflicted' and so on), so I can understand her hiding the truth. Anorexics are also often in denial.. Funnily enough, mine was triggered by trauma and also a sexual assault as a child and brutal 'treatment' in an NHS psychiatric hospital was the price I paid for my 'silliness'. Sorry to be detracting from the thread but celebrities with anorexia or eating disorders are still being almost lauded in the media (Martine Mc Cutcheon & Lily Allen being current examples; neither are 'naturally' thin at the moment).

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
I came across some gossip on tiktok I hadn’t heard before. Tom Hanks and Ginnifer Goodwin whilst they were making Big Love (he was a producer).

• Wow
Reactions: 17
I came across some gossip on tiktok I hadn’t heard before. Tom Hanks and Ginnifer Goodwin whilst they were making Big Love (he was a producer).
There were rumours a while back and supposedly Rita and Tom had a short break. I don’t know if it was 100% true.
Tom did have an affair with Rita during his first marriage to Samantha Lewes which ended the marriage. Sadly Samantha passed away from cancer in 2002.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Not sure if this is the place really, but Jasmine Burkett the star of BBC Three’s ‘Small Teen, Bigger World’ has sadly died.

Her mum who had the same condition and appeared in the show with her died a few years ago. I followed Jasmine on Instagram and know she’d been struggling with numerous physical and mental health issues and has been hospitalised frequently. I hadn’t realised how bad things had got and that she and her boyfriend had ended up living in a tent.

Edit: From reading her boyfriends Facebook post it sound as though she has taken her own life. How awful.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Not sure if this is the place really, but Jasmine Burkett the star of BBC Three’s ‘Small Teen, Bigger World’ has sadly died.

Her mum who had the same condition and appeared in the show with her died a few years ago. I followed Jasmine on Instagram and know she’d been struggling with numerous physical and mental health issues and has been hospitalised frequently. I hadn’t realised how bad things had got and that she and her boyfriend had ended up living in a tent.

Edit: From reading her boyfriends Facebook post it sound as though she has taken her own life. How awful.
oh no! this is so sad - i watched her bbc three show quite a bit and remember her getting set up to go to college etc. i hadn’t realised that her mum had passed away too, how awful :(

• Sad
Reactions: 12
oh no! this is so sad - i watched her bbc three show quite a bit and remember her getting set up to go to college etc. i hadn’t realised that her mum had passed away too, how awful :(
Her mum past in 2014. She had lung problems as I remember and Jasmine had been her carer, her social media wasn’t as active after that.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
After all the unpleasantness about how she actually got with Horner I think it's an attempt on her part to look 'pure and innocent'. It looks odd but I think she thinks shes sending a message
Her homage to the Queen during the Jubilee concert was insane as well. I hope he cheats on her and leaves her

• Sick
Reactions: 4
Every Sunday in those days there would be photos in the NOTW of Under-16s like Mandy and her sister, Amanda de Cadenet and Emma Ridley in hardly any clothes, pissed or drugged up. The articles were NOT expressing outrage, it was a sense of “phwoar look what these little minxes are up to”. It is gross and disgusting but remember society was completely different - it was legal to rape your wife ffs.
This was talked about in the early days if these threads quite a lot.
Late 80s/early 90s were the days of the 'Wild Child' de Cadenet and Ridley were the most memorable but there were loads more. Ridley got married at 15, with her mother's consent, in Vegas. As did Drew Barrymore.
Jane Goldman was another one. Her parents became infamous for asking her school to give her the mornings off because she was hung over all the time and they didn't like the way it interfered with her social life. She was dating Jonathan Ross at 17 and he drove her to school to do her A levels, all papped and put in the papers. They got married and had a baby when she was still very young. TBF they are still together and seem very happy but it was still a bit icky because she was a school girl and he was a much older TV star.
Denise Van Outen went out with Gary Glitter when she was 14. They were photographed at celebrity events.
There were loads of them! None of it was challenged and there was definitely a sense of slut shaming the teenage girls rather than the dirty old men perving on them

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
Amanda De Cadenet married John Taylor from Duran Duran when she was 19 and he was 31. The marriage lasted six years which I guess is quite a long time in showbiz terms!

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Billy Piper married Chris Evans in 2001, after 6 months "dating" when she was 18 and he was 35 ...they separated after 3 years
she then married Laurence Fox who is a total slimeball
She has rather dubious taste in men

• Haha
Reactions: 36
This was talked about in the early days if these threads quite a lot.
Late 80s/early 90s were the days of the 'Wild Child' de Cadenet and Ridley were the most memorable but there were loads more. Ridley got married at 15, with her mother's consent, in Vegas. As did Drew Barrymore.
Jane Goldman was another one. Her parents became infamous for asking her school to give her the mornings off because she was hung over all the time and they didn't like the way it interfered with her social life. She was dating Jonathan Ross at 17 and he drove her to school to do her A levels, all papped and put in the papers. They got married and had a baby when she was still very young. TBF they are still together and seem very happy but it was still a bit icky because she was a school girl and he was a much older TV star.
Denise Van Outen went out with Gary Glitter when she was 14. They were photographed at celebrity events.
There were loads of them! None of it was challenged and there was definitely a sense of slut shaming the teenage girls rather than the dirty old men perving on them
In Jonathan Ross's book he brags about how soon after giving birth his wife 'let' him have sex with her again. Grim.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.