Secret Celebrity Gossip #162

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve posted this before and it’s stone cold tea but many many years ago police used to drink in the pub where I worked. They talked about Lineker after hours and said he’d had an affair with some woman (not famous) and treated her really badly with gaslighting and saying she was a stalker. She had apparently had a breakdown and tried to end her life. Maybe take with a pinch of salt as it’s 3rd hand info and never appeared in the press but they seemed pretty sure, I’ve never liked him since then. He was mr squeaky clean at the time as well. The pub landlord was an ex-professional footballer so that’s why they were gossiping about players. Still 100% not him in the Sun story though.
I worked with someone back in the 90’s who swore her friend was having an affair with GL. I don’t follow football, but I remember being being surprised as he seemed like a nice person (loads of wholesome articles about life with Michelle at the time). Then I saw him getting off a train at Waterloo with his orange face and decided he was a twit after all.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
My brother was at junior school with one of Ian Wright’s kids, late 90s. He was at a birthday party at their house. Their hallway was decorated with a painted mural of cherubs. The cherubs had the Wright family faces on them.

Not everyone’s taste, maybe for a kid’s bedroom rather than entrance hallway, but quite sweet in a naff way, I think 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
I know that I'm a total wizened old witch without sufficient oestrogen left in her body to feel any shred of empathy for any celebrity or politician, so no need to criticse me for this but....I wish the Sun HAD saw fit to publish the 'vile' emails about Derek Draper.

Bit late for the Ol' Currant Bun to develop a moral backbone after all this time. C'mon lads, whatever happened to publish and be damned?
What are the Derek Draper emails 👀

Reactions: 11
I’ve heard on another forum from FB they are saying a 10 year old that’s all I know I don’t do FB.
---
C'mon lads, whatever happened to publish and be damned?
I think that died with The News Of The World.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
He was on Tv yesterday
That was Ian Wrights last appearance on Match of the Day. He said in December he wanted to do other things and has quite a bit of input into the Women's Football League. His granddaughter is a promising footballer and he is a great ambassador for girls sports teams.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
That was Ian Wrights last appearance on Match of the Day. He said in December he wanted to do other things and has quite a bit of input into the Women's Football League. His granddaughter is a promising footballer and he is a great ambassador for girls sports teams.
I’m not much into football but have always thought Wright seemed a good sort. A little more humility than some other players of his era. So it’s nice to read about this!

• Heart
Reactions: 74
I’m not much into football but have always thought Wright seemed a good sort. A little more humility than some other players of his era. So it’s nice to read about this!
I watched a documentary about him and David Rocastle growing up and how he ended up getting signed after he thought he’d missed his chance. Really interesting life story and seems like a nice bloke.

Reactions: 24
Ian Wright is a huge advocate for the Women’s game & does seem a very respectful guy (Joey Barton could never!!). I’m sure he said he wanted his Saturdays back to spend with family as he had to spend the whole day watching all the various matches in prep for MOTD.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
When I need a pick up, I watch the clip of Ian Wright meeting his old teacher, Mr Pigden, who he had thought was dead. It’s beyond moving.

• Heart
Reactions: 107
Ian Wright has grandchildren?! Christ I’m old ☹

As may be obvious, I don’t think I’ve watched any football since the nineties 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.